QuickBooks Error Code 6189
- Last Updated on: November 27th, 2018
- Posted by: admin
- Category: QuickBooks Error
No matter how good software is, almost all software has some issues or errors. The QuickBooks error code 6189 is one of the most common errors in QuickBooks.
The error code 6190 may be defined as “when you try to open your company file, you will see an error -6189. It means that your company file is not accessible”. In this blog, you will get solutions for this error. Alternatively, you can get help from this infographic or call our QuickBooks Error Support team. Just dial our toll-free helpline 1-855-441-4417.
Causes of QuickBooks Error 6189
- Damaged download or not complete installation of QuickBooks software.
- Corruption in Windows registry due to a latest QB software change.
- Virus or malware infection in Windows system files or QuickBooks related program files that damaged the important files of software.
- Any malicious software deleted QB program files, sometimes good software also mistakenly delete program files of another software.
How to Resolve This Error Code 6189
Solution1: Restart your computer and your server
- Restart each Desktop that has your accessible company file.
- Restart your server, if your data is on a server
- Continue solution 2 if the error persists.
Solution 2: Install the QuickBooks Database Manager on your server
- Either QuickBooks or Quickbooks Database Manager should be installed on your server on which your company file is stored.
- No additional license required during installation of the Database Manager.
- Install the Database Manager, If you don’t see the QuickBooks database user
- Finally, after installation, Restart your server.
Solution 3: Check if your data file is stored on a network drive
- Ensure that your file is not located on a NAS device or any other removable drive.
- These devices do not have permission to run the QuickBooks Database Manager.
- In a few cases, this setup can cause data corruption.
Solution 4: You are using data file share service
- It will be good for your company file if do not use a file sharing service like Dropbox, SugarSync, Box.net or another type of online sync service.
- You are using online auto backup utilities for your QuickBooks, It can be the cause of this issue.
- You will face this error if you are trying to access your company file this way.
- To avoid these problems Move your company file out of the Dropbox folder and copy it to the c: drive of your desktop.
Solution 5: You can use encryption software on your computer
- Intuit or our QuickBooks ProAdvisor do not recommend encrypting your company file.
- For disable the software or any other instruction, contact your encryption software’s vendor.
If error persists then you should contact QuickBooks Customer Support by Phone +1 855 441 4417. Our experts are always ready to guide our QuickBooks users. So feel free and call us to get instant and quality service.