Convert a QuickBooks file from Mac to Windows & Windows to Mac
- Last Updated on: January 23rd, 2018
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Quickbooks
Quickbooks provides an easy way to convert a QuickBooks file from mac to windows as well as Windows to Mac. This process is known as round-tripping. Round-tripping means your QuickBooks file will go from your mac for your Windows Pc. Then back again to your Mac.
In this blog, we have discussed how can you convert your QB company files between Windows & Mac. In the case you need additional support, call us at QuickBooks helpline 1-855-441-4417. We promise to deliver 100% user satisfaction.
Intuit has made it easy to convert your QuickBooks Mac file to windows file and then back again.
Let’s learn how round tripping works in the Mac Vs PC world.
Converting a QuickBooks file from mac to windows:-
- Open your data file in QuickBooks 2012 for Mac, choose File –> Backup to QuickBooks for Windows. Choose a name and location for the file and then click save.
- On the apply password window, enter a password for the file. You will need this password to open the file in QuickBooks for Windows. If you do not want to password for protect the file, leave the field blank and click ok. Converting a QuickBooks file from mac to window.
Note:- After the backup file is created, you can click show file in the folder to locate the .qbb file on your computer.
Quickbooks also creates an instructional PDF file in the same location with the same name as your file.
- Send both the .qbb file and the instructional PDF file to the windows user by a CD, USB drive, or Upload it your disk.
- In QuickBooks 2012 for windows. Choose File –> Open or Restore company and follow the onscreen prompts to restore a backup copy. When asked to update the file, mark the checkbox and click update now.
- Review the file and make any necessary changes.
- To send the file back for use on a mac, follow the instructions on the other side of this card.
Related article: Convert payroll from QuickBooks Desktop to Online
How to convert a QuickBooks file from windows to mac:
If you have switched from QuickBooks for Windows to QuickBooks for Mac then you have probably noticed some differences. Quickbooks for Mac is built as a Mac product from the ground up, so the interface elements will be familiar. If you have used other mac applications. For converting QuickBooks file from windows to mac follow this step.
- Open the data file in QuickBooks 2012 for windows and choose File –> Utilities –> Copy company file for QuickBooks mac to save the file as the .qbb backup file.
- Send the .qbb file to the mac user by a CD, USB drive, or iDisk.
- Choose file –> Open company –> Select the .qbb file and click open.