Sometimes Quickbooks shows Scripting error like: “An error has occurred in the script on this page. Line 22 Char 2 Error ….” or maybe ”QuickBooks script error for line 7 char 5″ while opening and accessing it.
Note: You might notice a different Line, Char, and URL in the error message.
There is no doubt that QuickBooks is a popular accounting software used in small to large size of businesses to get more benefits. Web soul is used in QuickBooks to show all web-based pages. But sometimes it may also get issues QuickBooks Script Error is one of them.
QuickBooks Script Error frequently caused by settings inside the browser. You face script errors in QuickBooks while accessing it. So in this article, we will discuss what is a QB script error, causes of the error and how to solve it. You can also hire our technical support team to get live remote help by dialling our toll-free number +1-855-441-4417.
What is QuickBooks Script Error?
At the time you try to look at a webpage from QuickBooks Program, the specified web page may not get loaded or won’t specifically useful properly and accurately, more an idea saying “A problem has taken place in the script of this page” gets displayed. You don’t have to be compelled to strain concerning the safety of your info or any file obtaining broken, it’s a minor error that might be simply mounted and this error will never break your files or cause loss of any necessary knowledge.
Possible Causes for Script Error in QuickBooks
- Script error in QuickBooks cause while importing a dealing with an account that doesn’t even exist.
- Firewall or any other third party protection software is blocking the script function.
- The script error QuickBooks occurs while importing a bill or an invoice with an account that doesn’t match any accounts due or available assets.
- Script debugging feature in enabled.
- This error may happen when the account name or the account number that you used is already present.
- The script plugin or software is damaged or corrupted.
Solution for QuickBooks Script Error
Before performing any solution, turn off the notification about every script error in Internet Explorer 7, 8 or 9.
Solution 1: If the errors occur while importing
- Go to Internet Explorer.
- Go to Tools menu, select Internet Options.
- If the Tools menu is invisible, press the Alt key. It will display all the hidden menus.
- Select the Advanced tab.
- Now clear the display a notification about every script error box.
- Click OK.
Still, the issue continues then go for further solutions.
Solution 2: If the script error occurs while exporting
- First of all make sure that, you have a 32-bit version of Internet Explorer installed in your system.
- Then, you need to clear the cookies and cache from the Internet Explorer. For this,
- First click on the Gear icon at the top right corner and then select the Tool option.
- Then, select the History option and then click on the Delete Browsing History.
- After that, checkmark the box stating Cookies and Website Data and then click on the Delete.
- After clearing cookies and cache, restart the internet explorer.
- At last, open QuickBooks and try again to export files.
Solution 3: Add trusted website on the Internet Explorer
It will show the error like: An error has occurred in the script on this page. Line 22 Char 2 Error “$” Code 0 URL https://[email address removed]/sgn-rs/api/v1/lpd/las_box?param1=25¶m2=las.
This error may occur because of webpage issue is preventing you from doing so. QuickBooks uses Internet Explorer as the default browser.
In this case, you need to configure your internet explorer. So, follow the steps on how to configure:
Related Article: QuickBooks Installation Error for Windows & Mac
1. First, open Internet Explorer.
2. Select the Tools from the Command Bar. And click on the Internet options.
3. Select the Security tab with in the Internet options.
4. Always add trusted sites like; .intuit.com.
- Then click on the Trusted Sites.
- Uncheck Require server verification (https:) under Trusted sites window for all the sites in this zone.
- And type .intuit.com in the Add this website to the zone.
Note: We will suggest you remove all the other websites in reference to intuit.com from the list of websites, as .intuit.com will cover all intuit sites.
5. After that close the Trusted sites window.
6. Uncheck Enable Protected Mode option.
7. After doing all these settings close the Internet Explorer.
Solution 4: Clear history and cookies on the Internet Explorer
- Go to the Settings in Internet Explorer and click on the Browsing History option.
- Select history, cookies, and temporary internet files and choose the Delete option.
- Click on the Delete button.
- After click on the Apply option then OK.
Solution 5: Turn-off Add-ons in Internet Explorer
- Select Internet options under Tools in the Internet Explorer.
- Click on the Manage Add-ons in the Programs tab.
- Choose Disable from the bottom side of the screen after clicking on the add-on.
- Hit Ok option and exit from the Internet Explorer.
Solution 6: Clear SSL Certificates from the Internet Explorer
- Select the Gear icon from the top of Internet Explorer and choose the Internet options.
- Click the Clear SSL State button within the Content tab.
- To save all the changes click on Ok.
Solution 7: Always set Internet Explorer as your default Internet browser
- Go to the Programs tab under the Settings option in the Internet Explorer.
- Tick the Make Default option and click on the Tell me if the Internet Explorer is not the default web browser option
Solution 8: Configure Internet Explorer Browser in Compatibility View
- Open the Internet Explorer browser and then click on the Gear icon at the top-right corner of the screen.
- Here select the Tools option and then click on the Compatibility View Settings.
- In the Compatibility View Settings window and then checkmark the box stating Display all website in compatibility view.
- At last, click on the Close button.
Solution 9: Disable Script Debugging in the Internet Explorer
- First, open Internet Explorer.
- Then, go to Internet Options.
- In this window, open the Advanced tab.
- Here scroll down below till you find the two options: (i) Disable Script Debugging Internet Explorer and (ii) Disable Script Debugging Other.
- Checkmark boxes in front of both options and then click on Apply & OK.
The Bottom Line
These steps will easily fix QuickBooks script error. But the issue continues then you need to update QuickBooks Desktop. Still, if you are unable to fix this problem, you should contact a QuickBooks Technician for help.
I hope this blog is helpful to you. Still, you need any other help to find QuickBooks ProAdvisor by dialing our toll-free number +1-855-441-4417.