If you are using QuickBooks accounting software then you may face QuickBooks Error code 401 which can be troubleshot in a few steps. You don’t need to get panic about this situation, here you’ll get a detailed solution that helps to resolve your issues. Basically, QuickBooks error code 401 mainly arises when your login has expired or you are using the wrong credentials in your QuickBooks account.
It is also known as QuickBooks unauthorized Error code 401 which can restrict the work in QuickBooks online as well as QuickBooks Desktop. It shows some pop-up messages on the screen with some message while using Quickbooks desktop. If you are using QuickBooks online, it shows QuickBooks API HTTP error 401. You may face a similar issue while using QuickBooks payment to send invoices that show a 401 Unauthorized error.
Steps to fix Fix Quickbooks Error 401
You can fix the Quickbooks error 401 by performing some steps but keep remembering that you have the latest version of the QuickBooks software. The next is to close the error message window that is shown on your screen where you will get an error message “the client request has not been completed”. Once you are done you can follow the given steps:
Step 1: Upgrade QuickBooks to the latest version
You have to update the Quickbooks latest version and can choose set up for an automatic update. It also helps to save a lot of time and also makes updates timely. For this you have to follow the given steps:
- You have to choose the Update Quickbooks Desktop option from the Help menu.
- After that, you can see the new window where you’ll find Update now tab click on it.
- At the bottom, there is a Reset Update checkbox.
- You can start your download by clicking on the Get Updates button.
- Keep in mind that restarts your software after downloading.
- After doing all the above steps you have to accept the option to install the new release.
Step 2: Schedule for future automatic updates
You have the other option where you can go for schedule updates. In this method, you can schedule your updates according to your comfort. And the software gets updated according to the scheduled time. For this, you have to follow the given steps:
- Go to the help menu and then select the Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- After that, you have to tap on the Options tab.
- Now you have to turn on the automatic updates by clicking on the Yes bullet button.
- Next is to click on the “share download” with the yes bullet button.
- Then click on save after marking all designs.
- The final step is to tap on the close tab.
Step 3: Manually update the software
In addition to automatic updates, you can also update your software manually. For this, you have to follow the given steps that can help you:
- Firstly you have to close all the company files and QuickBooks.
- Now you have to open the Window start menu.
- In the start menu, you have to search QuickBooks Desktop.
- You can also right-click on the icon and then click on run as administrator.
With the given above steps, we come to the end of the article, through this we hope all the queries related to the QuickBooks error code 401 are sorted by updating the software by the given methods. If you are stuck somewhere then you can contact the QuickBooks support team but still, if you are not able to sort out your problem then you can feel free to contact us at our number +1-844-405-0904.