Looking for aid on how to fix QuickBooks error 539 or runtime error code 539? No need to wonder anymore, you are at the place where are providing you effective solutions to fix error 539. Here we have listed different solutions to resolve the issue, and along with it you get details of why happens. So if go through this article, your issue will be resolved. Still having a related problem contact us on: +1-844-405-0904
QuickBooks error 539 occurs when QuickBooks breaks or crashes while it is running, that’s why this error is also called a Runtime error. It displays the error message “Error 539: QuickBooks has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience”. It is not necessary that the code was corrupt in some way, but only that it did not work during its run-time. Such an error will display as an annoying notification on your screen until it is handled and corrected. Here, we will discuss the main causes, symptoms, and troubleshooting steps of this error.
Table of Contents
Symptoms of QuickBooks error code 539
Runtime errors occur without any warning. An error message may appear on the screen anytime when running QuickBooks. In fact, error messages or some other error-related dialog box is shown again and again when cannot be addressed immediately.
File deletion or new files appearing can also be the main symptom of this error. While this symptom is mainly induced by a virus infection, it can be associated with the indications of runtime error. The user may encounter an unexpected drop in Internet connection speed, however, this is not always the case.
Cause of QuickBooks error 539
During software design, programmers predict the occurrence of code errors. However, there are no correct designs, as errors can be anticipated even with the best program design. If a certain error is not experienced and addressed during design and testing, glitches can occur during runtime.
Runtime errors are generally caused by conflicting programs operating at the same time. It may also occur because of memory problems, a bad graphics driver, or a virus infection. No matter, what the cause is, you need to take immediate solution steps to avoid additional problems. Check out below the several solutions to fix this error.
Solutions To Fix QuickBooks Error 539
Solution 1: Close Conflicting Programs
Always keep in mind you will get runtime errors because of programs that are conflicting with each other. The very you need to focus on is to stop these conflicting programs. To do go with the below steps.
- First, launch the Task Manager, to open task manager, on your keyboard press and hold the Ctrl-Alt-Del key simultaneously. This will open the task manager on your screen with all background running programs.
- Next, click on the Processes tab and terminate the programs one by one, to do this go to the program and highlight the program and then click on the End Process button.
- You will need to see if the error message again occurs every time when you stop the process.
- Once you identify which program is causing the error, you can proceed with the next troubleshooting step by reinstalling the application.
Solution 2: Update/ Reinstall Conflicting Program
From Control Panel
- If you are using Windows 7, first go to the Start Button, and next click on the Control panel, and next, click on Uninstall a program
- If you are using Windows 8, then go to the Start Button, then scroll down and look for More Settings, and then click on the Control panel, and next click on Uninstall a program.
- If you are using Windows 10, Click on the windows key and on the search box type Control Panel and click on the result, and next click on Uninstall a program
- Go to the Programs and Features, and next click on the problem program and right-click on it, choose Update or Uninstall.
- If you want to update the program, then you need to go with the prompt to finish the process, though, if you want to Uninstall, you have to follow to on-screen instructions to uninstall and next again download and re-install the program on your computer or it is recommended to use the application’s installation disk to reinstall the program.
From other solutions
- In Windows 7, you can get the list of all installed programs just by clicking on the Start and dragging down the scroller over the list that displays on the tab. You may notice the list utility for uninstalling the program. You can go further and uninstall the program by using the utilities accessible in this tab.
- In Windows 10, go to the Start, and next look for Settings, and then click on Apps.
- drag down the scroller over the list of Apps and features installed on your computer.
- Go to the Program that is responsible for the runtime error, then you can click on uninstall or click Advanced options to reset your application.
Solution 3: Update your anti-virus program or download and install the latest windows update
The virus infection on your computer should be immediately stopped, quarantined, or removed, this is the main cause of runtime error. Be sure that you update your anti-virus program and run a full scan of the computer or, Windows Update so that you can get the latest virus definitions and fix them.
Solution 4: Re-install Runtime Libraries
You may have an error due to an update, such as an MS Visual C ++ package that may not be installed accurately or completely. To fix this problem, you need to uninstall the current package and install a new copy.
- First, you have to uninstall the package, go to the control panel, and click on Programs and Features, now look for the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package in the installed program list.
- Now, after selecting the program, click on uninstall at the top of the list, after uninstalling the program we recommend you reboot your computer.
- After restarting, download the latest redistributable package from Microsoft then install it on your computer.
Solution 5: Run Disk Cleanup
Low free space on your computer can also be the main reason for run time errors, so you have to look at your free space, or free disk space by running the Disk Cleanup tool, It is an in-built tool by Microsoft to free your disk space.
- You must consider backing up your files and freeing up space on your hard drive
- Clear all your computer cache and restart your computer
- Run Disk Cleanup, To open Disk Cleanup, go to the start menu, and on the search menu type, Disk Cleanup and click on it and select the C: disk, and run the Disk Cleanup.
Solution 6: Re-install Graphic Driver
Sometimes, runtime error generates because of the bad graphics drivers, so you have to check and re-install your graphic drivers.
- Go to your Device Manager, and look for the graphics driver
- Now, go to the video card driver and right-click on it then go to uninstall later, and restart your computer. Nd then after re-install the driver.
Solution 7: Internet Explorer Related Runtime Error
If the QuickBooks error 539 is related to Internet Explorer, then you need to follow the below steps, and check it out.
- First, you need to reset your browser.
- If you are using Windows 7, then go to the Start menu, and then look for the Control Panel, now on the left side you need to click on Internet Options. Later, look for the Advanced tab then click on the Reset button.
- If you are using Windows 8 and 10, Go to the start menu and on the search bar insert Internet Options, and then click on the Advanced tab and next click on Reset.
- Disable script errors and debug notifications. Check below steps to do this:
- Go to the same Internet Options window, and next click on the Advanced tab and navigate to Disable script debugging, and click on it.
- Give a checkmark on the radio button
- And also do not forget to uncheck the “Display a Notification about every Script Error” item and next click on Apply and OK, next restart your computer.
Solution 8: Download the Latest Tax Table
You can also fix this error by setting up an updated tax table. For that, you have to follow the given steps:
- Firstly go to the employees‘ section.
- Then you can see the Get payroll updates click on this.
- Then the next step is to click on the Update option.
If all the above quick fixes do not work for you and still facing the same error, we recommend you back up your company files and run the repair reinstall on your computer. But this is only advisable if the above solutions do not fix your problem. You can also reach us by dialing our toll-free and get instant help from our Intuit Certified ProAdivisors team.