QuickBooks error 3371 stops you to activate or access the QuickBooks Desktop! Need the exact, and worthwhile solution to get rid of this QuickBooks error? Let’s get into the article, here you find the detail, what is 3371 error code, why is it occurs, and how can it be fixed. Meanwhile, you can connect with the experts through the toll-free number +1-844-405-0904 for further QuickBooks error support.
Table of Contents
What is QuickBooks Error 3371
QuickBooks Desktop has an EntitlementdataStore.ecml file, which contains the property license. Whenever it got damaged, and you try to access or activate the QuickBooks at that time, it shows you the 3371 error code in QuickBooks. It creates a lot of problems and does not allow you to do any work on QuickBooks Desktop.
Signs of 3371, 1118 Error Code in QuickBooks
QuickBooks error code 3371 affects QuickBooks badly. Here we have given some of the signs, that will help you to identify the error code easily. Read the following to know, what the error code affects in QuickBooks;
- You will not able to access your QuickBooks Desktop.
- QuickBooks error 3371 messages will appear with a different status code. Like;
- Could not initialize license properties. Error 3371: QuickBooks could not load the license data. This may be caused by missing or damaged files.
- Could not initialize license properties. [Error 3371, Status Code -11118] QuickBooks could not load the license data. This may be caused by missing or damaged files.
- Could not initialize license properties. [Error: 3371, Status Code -1] QuickBooks could not load the license data. This may be caused by missing or damaged files.
- QuickBooks has encountered a problem with startup.
- QuickBooks could not initialize license properties. This may be caused by missing or damaged files. For troubleshooting steps, note the error and type the following in a web browser window: www.quickbooks.com/support/register.html.
- You will not be able to open the license properties file.
- Your hard drive crashed.
- The system will hang when you will try to access the software.
- You will not able to retrieve your QuickBooks company file.
- File can’t be copied or moved from the C: Drive to a new drive.
- QuickBooks could not load the license data after clone.
Why QuickBooks Error 3371 Occurs
Every error has a reason. Like that, error 3371 has also some reasons. Let’s know, what leads the QuickBooks Desktop error code 3371;
Mainly you face the problem when the license property file got damaged. And the license property file is one of the most important files for QuickBooks Desktop, which is stored in the hard drive. But apart from that, there are other reasons, which can lead to the error code in QuickBooks Desktop.
Missing File Qbregistration.dat: This installation file contains your license information. Intuit search for this particular file, every time it is active. By any means, if this gets damaged; you may face this problem.
Damaged or Missing MSXML Component: MSXML is an essential component provided by Microsoft. It is needed by QuickBooks Desktop to run on your system. If this gets damaged, it can cause difficulties in accessing this accounting software.
Interruption of Anti-Virus: Sometimes, we got the interruption of anti-virus in firewall settings. It creates problems to use the QuickBooks Desktop and shows the 3371 error message.
Outdated Windows Operating System: The outdated Window OS is one of the reasons for the error code. If you are avoiding updating or upgrading Windows to the latest version it can be a big problem for the QuickBooks Desktop, and the other applications.
Solutions to Fix 3371 Error Code in QuickBooks
This error creates a lot of problems in QuickBooks, but it can be fixed easily. Here we have given some of the tested solutions, that our experts suggest solving the 3371 error code. But before that, make sure;
- You have the latest update of Windows on your computer. If it is not so then QuickBooks Desktop installation can fail or become damaged.
- Check there may be a corrupt Windows operating system if you have received the message again.
Solution 1: Run QuickBooks Tool Hub
Step 1: Download and Install the Tool Hub
- First, quit the QuickBooks Desktop.
- Download the most recent QuickBooks Tool Hub version (22.214.171.124).
- Save the file anywhere you can find it easily (such as your Downloads folder or your Windows desktop).
Note: If you have previously installed Tool Hub, you can find out which version you have. Choose the Home tab. The version will be displayed on the right or you can choose about viewing the version.
- Open the downloaded file (QuickBooksToolHub.exe).
- Go with all the on-screen steps to install and agree to the terms and conditions.
- When your installation completes, double-click the icon on your Windows desktop to open the tool hub.
If you are not able to find an icon, then you can search in Windows for QuickBooks Tool Hub and click on the program.
Step 2: Run the 3371 Error Fix
- After opening the Tool Hub, click on the Installation Issues.
- And select the ‘3371 Error Fix‘ option.
- Click the ‘OK‘ option.
- Now, start your QuickBooks Desktop and open your data file.
Solution 2: Perform a Clean Installation
You can also use the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool to perform a clean installation of the QuickBooks Desktop.
If you already downloaded the QuickBooks Tool Hub then just go to the ‘Installation issue‘ section. And click on the ‘Clean Install Tool‘. The tool will run automatically and will perform the clean installation of the QuickBooks Desktop.
Solution 3: Rename the Entitlement File
Follow the steps to rename the entitlement file for Windows XP, and Windows 7;
For Windows XP Users
If you are using Windows XP, then follow the below steps;
- First, go to the Start button and click on Run.
- Later, Copy and paste this path to find Entitlement DataStore.ecml file: “C: Documents and Settings AllUsersApplication DataIntuitEntitlement Clientv2”.
- Next, select Ok.
- You can now ‘Rename the Entitlement DataStore.ecml” file.
For Windows 7 users
If you are using Windows 7 as your OS then follow the below procedure;
- First, go to “C: ProgramDataIntuitEntitlement Clientv*
- Rename the Entitlement file.
- Once you start QuickBooks, it will create a new file for you.
- If in case the program data folder is not visible, go with the below steps to unhide it:
- Click on the ‘Computer‘ and then the ‘Organize‘.
- Click on Folder next click on Search Options.
- Later, click on Hidden Files and Folders.
- Atlast, open QuickBooks to see whether QuickBooks Error 3371 is resolved.
Solution 4: Delete .ecml File
If you have the issue in.ECML file then follow the procedure to delete it;
- Press Window key + R on your keyboard.
- After that, a window will open. Enter (or copy and paste) here C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8
- You will reach window explorer at the following location
- Just delete this ecml file. Do a right-click and select Delete. Close the window now.
- After performing this step, Run QuickBooks, Register the product again.
Solution 5: Update the Windows OS
If the issue occurs because of the Outdated Windows Operating System, then you can update it to the latest version, by following the below procedure;
- Click on the window icon, Start button
- Select All Programs -> Window update
- Click on check for updates
- Install the latest Windows Updation.
- Now select All programs > Windows Update option
- Completing all updates ready to install QuickBooks software.
Solution 6: Clean the Junk Files
Sometimes the unnecessary files create problems and show you the QuickBooks error 3371. So clean the junk files, by following the below procedure;
- Open ‘File Explorer‘, and click on the ‘This PC‘ option.
- Now, click on the ‘Properties‘ option.
- Click on the ‘Buttom Disk Cleanup‘. This will show you the list of temporary files.
- For additional, click on the ‘Clean System Files‘.
- And categorizes the files to delete the files.
- At last, click on the ‘Ok‘ option, and then ‘Delete Files‘ option.
Solution 7: Run ‘Quick Fix My Program’
You can also run the ‘Quick Fix My Program‘ tool by using the Intuit QuickBooks Tool hub.
If you already downloaded the QuickBooks tool hub in the latest version. Open the tool, and visit the ‘Program Problems‘ section. There you can find the option of ‘Quick Fix My Program‘ option. jut click on it to run the file.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Which tools are used to resolve QuickBooks error 3371?
Mainly, QuickBooks Tool Hub is used to resolve the QuickBooks error code 3371. This error code has different reasons, so QuickBooks tools are used according to that. If the issue occurs because of the QuickBooks Desktop performance, then the QuickBooks Clean Install tool will be used to resolve the issue.
What type of issue is the 3371 error code?
The 3371 error code is a license property issue in QuickBooks. That occurs, when the license property file got damaged.
Is QuickBooks error 3371, and QuickBooks error 3371, 1118 are same?
Both error types are the same, but they appear in different status codes with different error messages.
Why does Error 3371 occur when installing QuickBooks on the new computer?
Error 3371 is caused by the outdated Windows operating system or a damaged component. An outdated operating system can damage your QuickBooks company file. To fix the issue, update your Windows. Here are the steps:
1. Click the Start button and select All Programs.
2. Click Windows Update. After updating, restart the system.
How do I fix a license error after cloning in QuickBooks?
Here are the solutions mentioned to fix the license error after cloning in QuickBooks. Try the solutions after creating a backup of your company file.
1. End task of the Task Manager.
2. Update Windows.
3. Update QuickBooks.
4. Run QuickBooks File Doctor.
5. Clean install QuickBooks.
6. Provide QuickBooks the admin rights.
It was all about the QuickBooks error code 3371. Hopefully, now you can solve the error ownself. Further, if you need QuickBooks support then contact our certified QuickBooks ProAdvisors through the toll-free number +1-844-405-0904.