Want to fix QuickBooks Error 3371 status code 11118? Nothing to worry about, Here is an article to answer your query, in which all the facts related to errors and the most effective solutions to those errors have been arranged. We have channelized different methods for your problem solving, read the details in the article, and get the error 3371 status code 11118 resolved. Still having problem-related to it contact us.+1-888-202-8743
QuickBooks Error 3371 status code 11118: QuickBooks could not load the license data, QuickBooks could not load the license data after clone or QuickBooks could not initialize license properties. This is one of the most common errors that may occur when you activate or open QuickBooks Desktop. You might see one of these error messages:
- Could not initialize license properties. Error 3371:
- Could not initialize license properties. [Error 3371, Status Code -11118]
- Could not initialize license properties. [Error: 3371, Status Code -1]
- QuickBooks has encountered a problem on startup
- QuickBooks could not initialize license properties
If you are facing similar issues mentioned below, you can try the steps mentioned below to fix your problem.
My hard drive crashed. So I changed it. I have been getting the error 3371; Status code-11118 (QuickBooks could not load the license data)
- How to fix Error 3371, Status code -11118
- Error 3371 status code 11118 QuickBooks Enterprise
- QuickBooks error 3371 status code 11118 windows 7
- QuickBooks could not load the license data after clone
This license error can be a frustrating one for you, as it disallows you to open your QB file. You may get a warning message showing-
QuickBooks could not load the license data. This may be caused by missing or damaged files. For troubleshooting steps, note the error and type the following in a web browser window: www.quickbooks.com/support/register.html.
When you will click on OK, it will display you another dialogue box: It will be showing QuickBooks Fatal Error with the following message
QuickBooks has encountered a problem on startup. This may be due to an invalid software license. Insert the QuickBooks CD into your computers and then reinstall the software. If you encounter the problem again, contact Technical Support.
When you again click OK here, it will just close the window. Yes, it can be frustrating. You are in a great hurry, or want to do any important work, but unable to step ahead due to this 3371 status code -11118.
Let us first understand why this error happens.
Why QuickBooks Error 3371 happens?
You can understand it in a way that Intuit makes it compulsory to have license information stored on your hard drive. By any means, if that information, file, or license data get corrupted, damaged or missing; you can encounter this error code.
This can also occur during the process of cloning the data on the c:/ drive to another new hard drive. In these cases, you have to delete your entitlement file. Also, you need to re-enter your license information to get this problem resolved.
- Missing File Qbregistration.dat: This installation file contains your license information. Intuit search for this particular file, every time it is active. By any means, if this gets damaged; you may face this problem.
- Damaged or missing MSXML component: MSXML is an essential component provided by Microsoft. It is needed by QB desktop to run on your system. If this gets damaged, it can cause difficulties in accessing this accounting software.
- Interruption of Anti-Virus
- Tired to open the file without saving it.
Let us now resolve Error 3371, but first of all consider these two important things.
- Firstly, make sure you have the latest update of Windows on your computer. If it is not so then QuickBooks Desktop installation can fail or become damaged.
- Check there may be a corrupt Windows operating system if you have received the message again.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error 3371 status code-11118?
The two error dialogue box displays two different solution procedure to follow. One says about reinstalling your product and another suggestion to search for help on the website.
Both options seem not to be efficient. Hence, here on we are describing how to fix this particular problem.
Method 1: Renaming the Entitlement file
For Windows XP Users
- First, go to the Start button and click on Run.
- Later, Copy and paste this path to find Entitlement DataStore.ecml file: “C: Documents and Settings AllUsersApplication DataIntuitEntitlement Clientv2”.
- Next, select Ok.
- You can now rename the Entitlement DataStore.ecml” file.
For Windows 7 users
- First, go to “C: ProgramDataIntuitEntitlement Clientv*
- Later, you have to rename the Entitlement file.
- Once you start QB, it will create a new file for you.
- If in case the program data folder is not visible, go with the below steps to unhide it:
- Follow the path Computer and click on Organize and later click on Folder next click on Search Options.
- Later, click on Hidden Files and Folders.
- Atlast, open QuickBooks to see whether QuickBooks Error 3371 is resolved.
Method 2: Run the 3371 Error Fix from the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
Step 1: Download and install the QuickBooks Tool Hub
The QuickBooks Tool Hub fixes common errors in QuickBooks. For the best experience, we always advised using Tool Hub on Windows 10, 64-bit.
- First, you need to quit QuickBooks.
- We recommend you download the most recent version (188.8.131.52) of QuickBooks Tool Hub. Save the file anywhere you can find it easily (such as your Downloads folder or your Windows desktop). Note: If you have previously installed Tool Hub, you can find out which version you have. Choose the Home tab. The version will be displayed on the right or you can choose about viewing the version.
- Now, open the file that you downloaded.e. QuickBooksToolHub.exe.
- Go with all the on-screen steps to install and agree to the terms and conditions.
- When your installation completes, double-click the icon on your Windows desktop to open the tool hub.
Note: If you are not able to find an icon, then you can search in Windows for QuickBooks Tool Hub and click on the program.
Step 2: From the Tool Hub, run the 3371 Error Fix
- Now, go to the QuickBooks Tool Hub, and click on the Installation Issues.
- Click on 3371 Error Fix.
- Next, select OK.
- Now, start your QuickBooks Desktop and open your data file.
Method 3: Delete ecml file
- Press window key + R on your keyboard.
- After that, a window will open. Enter (or copy and paste) here C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8
- You will reach window explorer at the following location
- Just delete this ecml file. Do a right-click and select Delete. Close the window now.
- After performing this step, Run QuickBooks, Register the product again.
Most probably, you will be able to resolve your issues. However, you can contact our QuickBooks Enterprise Support expert to learn more.
Related article: QuickBooks Error: The Attempt to Log In With The Username Failed
Method 4: Update your Windows operating system
The problem can still occur. If your window is outdated, or updates are not installed. Follow the simple steps below.
- Click on the window icon, Start button
- Select All Programs -> Window update
- Click on check for updates
- After a successful update, reinstall QuickBooks Desktop again.
Related article: QuickBooks Error 3140: Reasons & solution
After trying all the steps discussed above, you must have resolved the error. By the way, if the problem still exists, perform the steps below.
Method 5: Install Latest Windows Update
- Install the latest Windows Updation.
- Now select all programs > Windows Update option
- Completing all updates ready to install QuickBooks software.
If you want to know more about any other error code, you can visit this link QuickBooks Error Support. If you need any further technical support or want to talk to an expert, then dial this toll-free number +1-888-202-8743.