How to fix QuickBooks Error 3371 Status code 11118
- Last Updated on: February 24th, 2018
- Posted by: admin
- Category: QuickBooks Error
When you reconfigure your desktop or activate your QuickBooks for the first time, you may encounter with the QuickBooks Error 3371, Status Code 11118. This error can be a frustrating one for you, as it disallows you to open your QB file. You may get a warning message showing-
QuickBooks could not load the license data. This may be caused by missing or damaged files. For troubleshooting steps, note the error and type the following in a web browser window: www.quickbooks.com/support/register.html.
- When you will click on OK, it will display you another dialog box: It will be showing QuickBooks Fatal Error with the following message
Related article: Error Code 6073: QuickBooks Is Unable To Open Company File
QuickBooks has encountered a problem on startup. This may be due to an invalid software license. Insert the QuickBooks CD into your computers and then reinstall the software. If you encounter the problem again, contact Technical Support.
- When you again click OK here, it will just close the window. Yes, it can be frustrating. You are in a great hurry, or want to do any important work, but unable to step ahead due to this 3371 status code -11118.
Related article: How To Fix QuickBooks Error Code -6147, 0
Why QuickBooks Error 3371 happens?
You can understand it in a way that Intuit makes it compulsory to have license information stored on your hard drive. By any mean, if that information, file, or license data get corrupted, damaged or missing; you can encounter this error code.
This can also occur during the process of cloning the data on the c:/ drive to another new hard drive. In these case, you have to delete your entitlement file. Also, you need to re-enter your license information to get this problem resolved.
Related article: How to fix QuickBooks Error Code 20 – Printer not activated?
- Qbregistration.dat: This installation file contains your license information. Intuit search for this particular file, every time it is active. By any means, if this gets damaged; you may face this problem.
- Damaged MSXML component: MSXML is an essential component provided by Microsoft. It is needed by QB desktop to run on your system. If this gets damaged, it can cause difficulties in accessing this accounting software.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error 3371 status code-11118?
The two error dialog box displays two different solution procedure to follow. One says about reinstalling your product and another suggestion to search for help on the website.
Both options seem not to be efficient. Hence, here on we are describing how to fix this particular problem.
- Press window key + R on your keyboard.
- After that, a window will open. Enter (or copy and paste) here C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8
- You will reach window explorer at following location
- Just delete this ecml file. Do a right click and select Delete. Close the window now.
- After performing this step, Run QuickBooks, Register the product again.
Most probably, you will be able to resolve your issues. However, you can contact our QuickBooks Enterprise Support expert to learn more.
Related article: QuickBooks Error: The Attempt to Log In With The Username Failed
The problem can still occur. If your window is outdated, or updates are not installed. Follow the simple steps below.
- Click on window icon, Start button
- Select All Programs -> Window update
- Click on check for updates
- After successful update, reinstall QuickBooks Desktop again.
Related article: QuickBooks Error 3140: Reasons & solution
After trying all the steps discussed above, you must have resolved the error. By the way, if the problem still exists, perform the steps below.
All the steps are simple. Most of the time, you have to answer the very simple question. But at any case, if you face any difficulty; you can contact our Proadvisor. Just dial our QuickBooks tech support phone number +1-855-441-4417.
If you are facing Similar Questions mentioned below, you can try the steps mentioned above to fix your problem.
My hard drive crashed. So I changed it. I have been getting the error 3371; Status code-11118 (QuickBooks could not load the license data)
- How to fix Error 3371, Status code -11118
- Error 3371 status code 11118 QuickBooks Enterprise
- QuickBooks error 3371 status code 11118 windows 7
- QuickBooks could not load the license data after clone
If you want to know more about any other error code, you can visit this link QuickBooks Error Support.
You may also like: