QuickBooks Error 3371 status code 11118: QuickBooks could not load the license data, QuickBooks could not load the license data after clone or QuickBooks could not initialize license properties. This is one of the most common errors that may occur when you activate or open QuickBooks Desktop. You might see one of these error messages:
- Could not initialize license properties. Error 3371:
- Could not initialize license properties. [Error 3371, Status Code -11118]
- Could not initialize license properties. [Error: 3371, Status Code -1]
- QuickBooks has encountered a problem on startup
- QuickBooks could not initialize license properties
This license error can be a frustrating one for you, as it disallows you to open your QB file. You may get a warning message showing-
QuickBooks could not load the license data. This may be caused by missing or damaged files. For troubleshooting steps, note the error and type the following in a web browser window: www.quickbooks.com/support/register.html.
When you will click on OK, it will display you another dialogue box: It will be showing QuickBooks Fatal Error with the following message
QuickBooks has encountered a problem on startup. This may be due to an invalid software license. Insert the QuickBooks CD into your computers and then reinstall the software. If you encounter the problem again, contact Technical Support.
When you again click OK here, it will just close the window. Yes, it can be frustrating. You are in a great hurry, or want to do any important work, but unable to step ahead due to this 3371 status code -11118.
Let us first understand why this error happens.
Why QuickBooks Error 3371 happens?
You can understand it in a way that Intuit makes it compulsory to have license information stored on your hard drive. By any means, if that information, file, or license data get corrupted, damaged or missing; you can encounter this error code.
This can also occur during the process of cloning the data on the c:/ drive to another new hard drive. In these cases, you have to delete your entitlement file. Also, you need to re-enter your license information to get this problem resolved.
- Missing File Qbregistration.dat: This installation file contains your license information. Intuit search for this particular file, every time it is active. By any means, if this gets damaged; you may face this problem.
- Damaged or missing MSXML component: MSXML is an essential component provided by Microsoft. It is needed by QB desktop to run on your system. If this gets damaged, it can cause difficulties in accessing this accounting software.
- Interruption of Anti-Virus
- Tired to open the file without saving it.
Let us now resolve Error 3371, but first of all consider these two important things.
- Firstly, make sure you have the latest update of Windows on your computer. If it is not so then QuickBooks Desktop installation can fail or become damaged.
- Check there may be a corrupt Windows operating system if you have received the message again.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error 3371 status code-11118?
The two error dialogue box displays two different solution procedure to follow. One says about reinstalling your product and another suggestion to search for help on the website.
Both options seem not to be efficient. Hence, here on we are describing how to fix this particular problem.
- Press window key + R on your keyboard.
- After that, a window will open. Enter (or copy and paste) here C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8
- You will reach window explorer at the following location
- Just delete this ecml file. Do a right-click and select Delete. Close the window now.
- After performing this step, Run QuickBooks, Register the product again.
Most probably, you will be able to resolve your issues. However, you can contact our QuickBooks Enterprise Support expert to learn more.
Related article: QuickBooks Error: The Attempt to Log In With The Username Failed
The problem can still occur. If your window is outdated, or updates are not installed. Follow the simple steps below.
- Click on window icon, Start button
- Select All Programs -> Window update
- Click on check for updates
- After a successful update, reinstall QuickBooks Desktop again.
Related article: QuickBooks Error 3140: Reasons & solution
After trying all the steps discussed above, you must have resolved the error. By the way, if the problem still exists, perform the steps below.
- Install the latest Windows Updation.
- Now select all programs > Windows Update option
- Completing all updates ready to install QuickBooks software.
- For resolving these errors, follow the below steps that are described as:
- Firstly, recreate damaged entitlementDataStore.ecml file and resolve the license & resolving registration glitches.
- Now, fix Microsoft.NET Framework, MSXML, & C++ pitfalls by using QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
- Now click on reinstall by doing a clean installation.
If you are facing Similar Questions mentioned below, you can try the steps mentioned above to fix your problem.
My hard drive crashed. So I changed it. I have been getting the error 3371; Status code-11118 (QuickBooks could not load the license data)
- How to fix Error 3371, Status code -11118
- Error 3371 status code 11118 QuickBooks Enterprise
- QuickBooks error 3371 status code 11118 windows 7
- QuickBooks could not load the license data after clone
If you want to know more about any other error code, you can visit this link QuickBooks Error Support. If you need any further technical support or want to talk to an expert, then dial this toll-free number +1-855-441-4417.