When there is any discrepancy between the company file and transaction log file, you will definitely face the QuickBooks errors 6190 and 816. In this article, we have the complete solution to this error code. Here we will discuss the signs, reasons, and solutions to this 6000 series error code. Meanwhile, you can call this toll-free number+1-844-405-0904 for an instant troubleshooting solution.
Table of Contents
What is QuickBooks Error Code 6190 and 816
QuickBooks error code 6190 and 816 are some of the common QuickBooks errors, which mostly occur when more than one user tries to open a company file in single-user mode. It doesn’t allow you to open the company file on the host computer and shows you a warning message of -6190,-816.
Signs of 6190 and 816 QuickBooks Error Code
You can easily identify this error code by considering these signs;
- All the running program crashes as soon as.
- Sometimes, because of any reason, the company file and the transaction log file don’t match with each other, and the company file becomes corrupt. Because of these corrupt files, QuickBooks lose some of the important files that are saved within the QBW file.
- The system stops responding or respond sluggishly to the commands given by the keyboard and mouse.
- The Windows start crashing and freezing more frequently.
- Different types of error message will appear on your screen like;
- QuickBooks was unable to open the file (path) on the host computer.
- QuickBooks is unable to open this company file. It may have been opened by another user.
Why QuickBooks Error Code 6190, -816 Occurs
- Whenever a user tries to log in to a company file, which has already been accessed by another user at the same time. This is the amin reason to this error code.
- The transaction log file is used to record the transactions made by the company files. This error is normally arising when the Transaction log (.TLG) doesn’t match with Company Data File (.QBW) file.
- This error also happened if.QBW file is being updated on another computer but the transaction file(.TLG) file is not up to date.
- Another reason could be that two users trying to access the company files simultaneously in the single-user mode. But instead of doing that both users should open the company files in QuickBooks multi-user mode.
- QuickBooks Company files may be corrupted but this not happen very often.
- The user won’t able to access the files, If the company files are stored in the read-only network folder. This can also cause QB error code -6190, -819.
How to Resolve QuickBooks Error code 6190 and 816
Before you made any changes to the software make sure to create a backup of the company files. So, you can easily recover the data if something went wrong.
NOTE: Make sure that you update QuickBooks to the latest version before you perform any troubleshooting procedure.
Solution 1: Use the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
- Firstly Download and install the tool QuickBooks File Doctor.
- Logged in as an administrator.
- It will indicate you two options: Both file harm and network connectivity and Network connectivity only.
- Select the first option as it will identify corrupted or damaged files and will help to fix the error -6109.
- Next, enter your Admin password when the window is prompt.
- It will then ask whether the company file is on Workstation or Server.
- Select “Yes” if you’re using the company documents on your server and “No” if using from Workstation.
- Click on “Continue.”
Solution 2: Single Mode User Check
You can run the single-mode user to fix the 6190 error code;
- Verify that all the users are logged out of the QuickBooks Data file.
- Next, restart the computers.
- Now copy the data file to the desktop or to another location apart from its source.
- Again copy the data file back to its original location.
- Sign in to QuickBooks.
Solution 3: Update the Windows
You can also try to update your Windows operating system because it can prevent security breaches that may cause installation errors.
- Go to the Start menu at the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Then, click on the settings and choose the Update and Security option.
- Open the Window Update tab.
- Here, click on the Check for Update option. If there are any updates available then it will start downloading automatically.
- Once the Windows is update, reinstall the QuickBooks software.
Solution 4: Use QuickBooks Refresher Tool
The QuickBooks refresher tool is specially designed to fix the QB 6000 series errors. You can easily download and run the diagnose to fix the error.
- First, close the QuickBooks Desktop on all the computers.
- Then, download the QB Refresher Tool from the official Intuit website.
- In the downloads, find the qbrefresherv1.exe file and then open it.
- After that, when QuickBooks Refresher Tool will open, simply just click on the ‘Fix My QuickBooks’ button and wait till the diagnosing process is finished.
- Once repair complete, open the QuickBooks Desktop and check whether you are able to open company files or not.
Solution 5: Fix the mismatch
Sometimes mismatching of company file and transaction file create this error. So you can fix the mismatch by renaming the file to fix the issue in QuickBooks.
- Open the company files.
- Next, you need to find the company file. Both the transaction log file and company file should have the same name but different extensions.
- You only need to rename the company file with (.QBW.ND) file extension. Just add OLD at the end of the name.
- The renaming of the files should be finished now by right-clicking on the files and then choose the Rename option. Don’t delete the extension that’s necessary a part of the name of any files.
- Same way, rename the transaction log file with .TLG file extension which needs to do after that.
- Exit the system now.
- Open QuickBooks and try to login to the company file.
Additional Methods to Fix QuickBooks Error code 6190 and 816
1. Use the Quick Fix My Program Tool
Quick Fix My Program Tool is available in the QuickBooks tool hub and will help with common issues like QuickBooks error code 6190 in the QuickBooks application. Here are some on instructions how to use it.
- Firstly you need to download the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- After that, double-click on the QuickbooksToolHub.exe file and install it.
- After installation of QuickBooks Tool Hub, you need to close all the programs along with QuickBooks.
- Now open the QuickBooks Tool Hub and then click on the Program Problem tab.
- Next, you have to select Quick Fix My Program which helps to refresh the QuickBooks Desktop Application.
- Now wait for a minute to refresh QuickBooks.
- Then finally after refreshes, you can open the company file in your QuickBooks account.
2. Install QuickBooks Database Server Manager
Another method to fix this error is by installing the Quickbooks database server manager on the server. It can be done by the given steps:
- First, download the QuickBooks database server manager and then install it.
- Now you have to go to the start menu.
- Now search the QuickBooks database server manager in the search tab and open it.
- After that, you need to update the database manager to the current version.
- After updating, you have to start the server again.
- Now finally, launch QuickBooks Desktop on each of the particular workstations and the server.
3. Fix the Windows Registry Files
- Go to the Start Menu first.
- Now in the search bar put the command prompt.
- Press Ctrl+Shift+Enter together to open the command prompt.
- Now user will need to enter the admin details.
- Then enter regedit and then hit the enter button.
- Now select the key linked with the error.
- After that click on the Export tab.
- Then click on the Save tab and save the file with the .reg extension.
- Now to finish the procedure follow the on-screen prompts.
4. Remove the temporary files
- At first, you need to click on the start menu.
- Now in the search bar enter the Run.
- After that in the Run window, you need to enter the cleanmgr and then hit the enter button.
- Now you’ll see the disk cleanup window on the screen. You need to select the Junk file size and then hit the OK tab.
5. Go for System Restore
- Firstly go to the Window Icon and then click on the start menu.
- Now in the search bar search for system restore.
- Then hit the enter. This action helps to open the system restore tool.
- Next, you have to follow the onscreen steps.
- Now you have to enter the password if needed.
- This process will take a few minutes to complete.
- Now you can continue your work with QuickBooks.
Other 6000 series errors
|QB Error code 6000-82 or 6000-106||QuickBooks error code 6000,80|
|QB Error code 6000, 301||QuickBooks error code 6000,77|
|QB Error code 6000, 304||QuickBooks error code 6000, 301|
The whole article was all about the 6190, and 816 error codes. We for the successful fixation of the error code. If you are seeking any help then don’t hesitate to contact our Quickbooks ProAdvisors. They will help you to give the best solution to your query through this toll-free number+1-844-405-0904.