When you logged in QuickBooks accounting software. QuickBooks Desktop automatically creates the Admin user, you may be using another log in references added by the Admin. Security updates and other surprising assets may lead you to reset the password for QuickBooks.
This article is about rebuilding the QB Admin password and other passwords you may have related to using QB Desktop. Read the complete article to follow the instructions. You can also talk to a Certified ProAdvisor by dialing our QuickBooks support number +1-855-441-4417 to save your time and effort.
Important password tips to remember
- The password doesn’t contain spaces. Re-enter the password without spaces.
- When you create new passwords. Then you need to make a complex password. So you can follow some instructions: at least 7 characters (letters, numbers, special characters), at least 1 number, at least one uppercase letter.
- Your keyboard might not be functioning correctly.
- You may be seeing an incorrect login screen. A login screen that asks for a password but does not ask for a username is the administrator’s login screen and you have a non-admin login, close QuickBooks, and then reopen it.
- The password may actually be blank. Some users choose to leave the Admin password to their data file empty, or blank.
Note: Intuit does not recommend this practice, for security reasons. Then press OK in the login screen without entering a password.
Steps To Reset Password for QuickBooks
- At first, open the company files then select the Company> Set Up Users and Password.
- Enter your current password in the current password field.
- Now, you need to enter the new password in the Confirm new password field.
- Click OK.
- You have forgotten or lost your password.
- There are two ways to reset your lost or forgotten password:
Reset password for QuickBooks using your security question.
- You see the login screen in the QuickBooks desktop, Select I forgot my password.
- Answer the security question and click OK.
- Just press on Close when you see this message: “ When you removed the password and challenge answer and the question then your company file is no longer password-protected. When you nearby this window, then you create a new password and select and answer your challenge question.”
- Open the window then change the QuickBooks password.
- Then enter a new password and new challenge question.
- Press on OK.
- Then your File will open.
Reset Admin password using a reset code( Admin only)
Important: Please make sure you enter the First and Last Name of the person who originally purchased/activated the product.
- Changing another user’s password.
Important: Quickbooks only can do this so following some instructions and rules
- Firstly, log in to the company file as the administrator.
- Go to the Company menu, select the user whose password you want to change.
- Now, select Edit User.
- Enter the new password in the password field and confirm the password field.
- And finally, click Next twice and then click Finish.
Hope, you well understood how to reset password in QuickBooks. Also, read the simple step to crack QuickBooks Password. If you are still facing any trouble regarding reset password for QuickBooks you can call our QuickBooks Error Support Number by dialing our toll-free number +1+1-855-441-4417.
Related Article you may like: