Looking for QuickBooks point of sale review- features, plan & pricing? Here we are with an article you cater you all the details related to QuickBooks POS. QuickBooks Point Of Sale is an all-in-one powerful tool that helps the user to organize all data related to the customer, sales, and inventory very quickly and effectively in one place. Read the full page to get all your queries resolved, and learn the features and plans related to QuickBooks POS. For More Info. contact us toll-free: +1-888-202-8743
With all-new generation QB POS, doing your retail business operation is a seamless experience.
You can access QuickBooks point of sale in desktops, laptops, androids, and ios operating system. This is the best way to save money, complete transactions, and create helpful insight about your company. It is developed to meet your unique needs and provides better functionality.
This article provides you an overview of the product and lets you know the software before you purchase it.
Features of QuickBooks POS:
QuickBooks Point of sale is an online-based service for small-to-large businesses. It can accept payment and transactions by credit cards. It provides other facilities like inventory management and customer management.
Some more features are given below:
1. Sync with QuickBooks
Unless wasting your time in back-office tasks you would like to increase your business. So, to save your time and efforts, integrate QuickBooks POS with QuickBooks. It syncs with your books in QuickBooks to reduce double entries and errors.
2. Your data transfer easily
Normally you are unable to transfer your transaction data in QB. Thanks to QuickBooks Desktop, you can do this with great comfort.
3. Do more with additional QuickBooks POS licenses
You can use your additional QuickBooks Point of sale licenses during your busy selling seasons to contact customers faster. The additional license gives you flexibility if you need to work from back-office then no need to worry you can run reports, update inventory and sync data where you need it.
4. QuickBooks Point of Sale Payment Integration
You can do easily credit and debit card processing by adding payments in your QuickBooks Point of sale. Payments are encrypted between POS payments and QuickBooks Point-of-Sale to protect you and your customers.
5. Track and Reward Customers
If your customer balance history is clear, no dues are remaining, then you can reward your best customers by tracking its balance history in the POS system.
6. Tablet functionality
QuickBooks Point of sale is compatible with Microsoft Surface Pro. With this feature, you are able to go throughout your store or you can access your data from anywhere. Employees can visit their customers for payments rather than making them wait in line.
7. Dashboard feature
The dashboard feature helps the user to access the dashboard to see the sales summary. Like which product sales are fast, or sales graph and sales over-time.
8. Employee Management
Employee Management is the feature of the QuickBooks POS Pro version. This helps you to track employees’ commission, hours, and further for making easy payroll management. It also provides security functions that owners and managers can access to particular employees’ employees status.
9. Easily Access Customer Information
You can easily access to the customer’s transactions and credit card information by selecting magnifying glass or clicking on more info. With the help of Make a Sale option, you can see customer’s transaction history, account balance, notes, and available credit.
10. Purchase order management
With the help of purchase order function, QuickBooks Point of sale makes purchasing inventory easier.
It provides a feature to automatically fill Purchase Order fields, then item barcodes scanned it, which can be printed out or sent to email.
If the arriving order is correct or complete, then PO number to add the latest stock in the record.
With the help of the Pro version of QuickBooks POS, you can automatically send PO emails. Moreover, track package status with the shipping manager.
11. Customer Management
Just by entering a name, email, address, phone number and business you can monitor all sales by customers. With this feature, you will be able to formulate specific campaigns for marketing and promotion by monitoring what your customer buying and which product is buying most. By these customers get discounts and gift vouchers.
12. Manage Inventory
By this feature, you can manage and record your every inventory. And you can know all about your business, also know your actual best sales.
13. EVM Payments
EVM Payments are very complex and way too challenging for small businesses. Longline and Chargebacks drawbacks of EVM Payments. But the latest version of POS accepts EMV card to pay.
14. QuickBooks Point-Of-Sale with Microsoft Surface Pro
Speed up back-office with a movable tablet
Using tablets you can handle your work from anywhere. Before QuickBooks POS you have to work in the desktop at one location but after these features, you able to run reports or do accounting tasks work from your backroom, home, and other locations.
Check inventory from anywhere in your store
With the help of Microsoft Surface Pro, you can check inventory from anywhere, anytime. It saves your time to do other things like serve your customers and so on. Using mobile scanner inventory works being more easy for you.
Create sales orders anywhere in the store
With the help of Microsoft Surface Pro, you can create sales orders. You just need to choose the item the customer wants to purchase on your tablet. And then re-duck at the counter, take payment and final sale.
Want to give a modern look and feel to your business
QuickBooks Point of sale delivers you a touch screen display to work easily and take less space. So, if you want to feel a new look in your business or want to save space then try QuickBooks POS Microsoft Surface Pro.
Some key features of POS on Microsoft Surface Pro
- Increase speed in backup tasks
- Freedom and flexibility in work
- Modern look and feel
- Create customer orders anywhere on the floor and then re-dock to counter
- You can work from anywhere with the help of a removable tablet.
Some Key Benefits
- Built to work with QuickBooks
- Easily sync with your books
- Reduces double entries
- Can save time and error
- Grow with your business
- Keep and Track the history of your accounts.
QuickBooks Point of Sale Versions
After learning about the features now it’s time to talk about the versions of QuickBooks POS. According to business needs, it has three plans based on your business needs:
- QuickBooks Basic POS
- QuickBooks Pro POS
- QuickBooks Multi-Store POS
1. QuickBooks Basic POS
One-time purchasing price of Basic is $1,200. 10 x faster startup time & faster workflows that save your time. QuickBooks POS provides you better screen readability, it also has a multitasking feature you can work on multiple tasks like sales receipt, purchase order, etc. simultaneously.
Features of Basic:
- Ring sales
- Take payments:
- Track inventory
- Track customer data
- Basic reporting
- Finely interact with QuickBooks financial software
2. QuickBooks Pro POS
One-time purchasing price of Pro is $1,700. QuickBooks Pro POS is great with several employees and only one store location for growing business. It provides the facility to import files from Microsoft excel. You can also track customer contact and purchase information. For more clarity, you can also add pictures of inventory items. Automatically generate a purchase order at pre-set inventory levels.
Features of Pro:
- Ring sales
- Take payments
- Track inventory
- Track customer data
- Basic reporting
- Interact with QuickBooks financial software
- Manage employees and payrolls
- Get offers and other gift cards
- Other rewards and loyalty programs
- Advanced reporting
3. QuickBooks Multi-Users POS
One-time purchasing price is $1,900. QuickBooks POS is advanced of Basic and Pro. You can track inventory transfer between the stores. Gathered multi-stored data in the file. It is best for a growing business that needs a robustness system for multiple store locations.
Features of Multi-Users:
- All the features Basic and Pro
- Manage multiple stores
- Manage and transfer inventory
- Advanced sales and inventory reporting between stores
A brief comparison of all version of QuickBooks Desktop POS:
|QuickBooks POS version||Price||Description|
|Basic||Starting at $1,200||Ring sales, take payments, track inventory and customer data, basic reporting, integrate with QuickBooks Desktop|
|Pro||Starting at $1,700||All Basic capabilities, plus manage employees and payroll, offer layaway and gift cards, and access advanced reporting|
|Multi-Store||Starting at $1,900||All-Pro capabilities, plus manage multiple stores, manage and transfer inventory, and access to advanced sales and inventory reporting between stores|
QuickBooks Point of Sale Payment Integration
Payment integration in POS provides better services to the customers. It is an all-in-one system that’s easy to set up and easy to run, with straightforward pricing and the highest level of credit card processing security.
- Work with QuickBooks Desktop: Save time by having your data sync with QuickBooks Desktop. Payment reconciliation is now available too. Reduce double entries.
- Flexible rate options: No long-term contracts and understandable rates that fit for your business.
- Protected payments: POS support updated payments technology for data protection.
- Accept credit and debit cards: It accepts data from Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express and debit cards.
- No setup and termination fees: This is great news. You don’t need to pay for setup and termination.
- Reduce double entries: Inventory is updated when you make a sale and data is synced with QuickBooks.
QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale System Requirements
- Windows 10, all editions including 64-bit, natively installed
- Windows 8.1 (Update 1) all editions including 64-bit, natively installed
- Windows 7 SP1 all editions including 64-bit, natively installed
- Windows Server 2016
- Windows Server 2012 R2
- Windows Server 2011 SP1
- Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 and SP2
- At least 4GB of RAM (6-8 GB recommended) for a single workstation installation.
- 1 GB of disk space (additional space required for data files).
- Single user: 2.0 GHz processor (2.8 GHz recommended).
- Multiple users: 2.8 GHz processor (3.5 GHz recommended).
- Display: Optimized for 1280×768 screen resolution or higher.
- 4X DVD ROM drive required for DVD installations (unless the user is downloading QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale from Intuit Server).
Data import/export and Microsoft Office integration requires
Microsoft Office 2010, 2013, 2016, or Office 365
For better performance on the Point of Sale workstation Multi-core processor and 8 GB of RAM are recommended. In a multi-user configuration concurrently working users must have to purchase a separate user license.
QuickBooks Desktop compatibility
- Intuit QuickBooks Pro or Premier 2016, 2017, and 2018.
- Enterprise Solutions Versions 16.0, 17.0 and 18.0.
Products have been tested with the following software:
- McAfee Internet Security Suite
- Symantec Norton® Internet Security Suite
You might need to change some QuickBooks POS Firewall settings and anti-viruses products to perform best with QuickBooks POS.
The hardware of the QuickBooks POS system
EMV Ready PIN Pad
Customer can pay with both credit or pin debit cards
- Your customer can save money on processing costs using a debit card.
- Customer can maintain possession of credit and debit card
- You will get the latest PCI PEC security standards
- Need of QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale 12.0 or 18.0 software and a QuickBooks Payments account.
Print receipt after-sale is complete
- Provide a copy of credit card slips and gift receipts
- Auto-cutter feature to remove the extra receipt
- Easily drop-in paper loading
- USB interface
Ring up sales faster and track inventory more accurately with the help of QuickBooks Barcode Scanner.
- Easily read high and low-density barcodes
- Sleek ergonomic design for operator comfort and productivity
- Stable construction for durability
- Scanner stand also available
- USB interface
- Wireless Bluetooth version available with USB base station
Cash Drawer opens automatically when you complete the sale
- Sturdy, full-size all-metal construction
- Lockable for extra security
- Dual media input slots
- Connects to receipt printer
It automatically displays price as you ring up the sale
- Allows customers to verify the price for increased satisfaction
- Bright green fluorescent display with high visibility
- Easily program custom messages
- Adjustable viewing angles
- USB powered – no external power supply needed
Print your own inventory tags and bar code labels
- Pair with Bar Code Scanner to enter merchandise information faster and more accurately
- Compact size fits into areas other printers can’t
- USB interface
Wireless Barcode Scanner
Scan faster with a lightweight and wireless scanner
- Added protection and wider range of movement than cabled devices
- The page helps locate lost scanners
- Bluetooth enabled
- USB Stand included
How you can download QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale
First, you need to download link for the version of Point of sale you purchased.
- Choose your product first from the link you downloaded.
- Select your software version and edition
- Then click Search
- Select the Download option
- After downloading you will be ready to install it.
After installation, you need to enter your license and product number.
The installation process of QuickBooks Desktop Point of sale
After downloading install it. Start to install
- First, select the file from the location you put it after downloading then double click on the executable file to start the installation.
- Click Yes to All option in the executable file
- After reading the license agreement if you agree then click on I accept the terms in the license agreement and proceed Next.
- Then enter your license and product number and select Next.
- Then there will an option to choose the number of computers to use
- Single User: Select Only this computer option and follow the further installation process
- Multiple User: Choose Two or more computers and then select it is server and client workstation
- Server workstation: The server workstation is the first one for which QuickBooks Desktop Point of sale is installed and is used to create and hold the company data.
- Client workstation: The client workstation is working as a cash register and used to help customers in their daily sales and simultaneously access to the program.
If you want to switch from the Server workstation to Client workstation or vice-versa then you have to uninstall it and reinstall again.
- Then select Install to continued and if you want to go back and take any review then select Back option.
- After installation, you need to restart your system to work in QuickBooks Point of sale.
- After install, activate QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale, and all is set to work.
As today’s business environment is so competitive than ever. To make yourself more successful in business, you must take advantage of every opportunity.
As a business owner, you are extremely busy. And you are not able to give your time in back-office or gathering data. So, you need software that helps you to save your precious time. Then, QuickBooks POS is best in this way, it also gives you lots of features to run and operate your business.
If you still have any query regarding the same topic or any other topic, then feel free to contact our ProAdvisor by dialing +1-888-202-8743