QuickBooks Update Error 1328
- Last Updated on: October 24th, 2018
- Posted by: admin
- Category: QuickBooks Error
QuickBooks software is extremely friendly as it saves quite a lot of time of the user. However, updating the software is crucial for the proper functioning of it and enhances the feature and error fixing abilities. No doubt, QuickBooks is one of the best accounting software. But sometimes, errors make it very frustrating for users, QuickBooks update error 1328 is one of the common update error reported by the users.
What is QuickBooks error 1328?
QuickBooks update error 1328 occurs when user updating, installing or uninstalling, and repairing QuickBooks program. The files referenced by these errors are usually similar to c:\config.msi\PT**.TMP but it displayed on your screen in different ways.
A possible reason for QuickBooks update error 1328 can be installing a version (for example QuickBooks 2009) with a different license number than the 2009 version that is currently installed.
The reason for this update error is the .tmp files in the config.msi folder prevent QuickBooks from finishing the update.
There are some possible reasons are given below:
- Attack of Malware
- A software file has been corrupted
- Incorrect or improper installation
- Face the troubling problem in downloading of software
- Improper system shutdown due to power failure
- Network error while downloading the software and installing it.
How to fix QuickBooks error 1328?
For fixing this error we recommend you some solutions. Read and follow the instruction, you will get a good result.
Method 1: Reinstall QuickBooks using a Clean install
QuickBooks desktop function is damaged and simple reinstall does not correct an issue, you may need to uninstall QuickBooks Desktop for Windows, rename installation files left behind, and then reinstall the program. This is the Clean Install or Clean Uninstall process.
Step 1: Uninstall QuickBooks Desktop
- By your keyboard, press Windows +R to open the run command.
- Type in control panel then selects OK.
- Now, choose programs and features (If the control panel is in Category view, select uninstall a program.)
- Open the list of programs, select QuickBooks, then choose Uninstall/Change.
- Now, follow the prompts to complete the process.
Important: If you receive an error message and are unable to uninstall QuickBooks, you will need to contact a qualified IT professional.
Step 2: Rename the Installation folders:
You can rename the installation folders by QuickBooks clean install tool and if you don’t want to use this tool, you can manually rename the QuickBooks installation folders.
Download and run the QuickBooks Clean install tool;
- Download the Quickbooks clean install tool file and save it to your desktop.
- Now, open QuickBooks_Clean_Install_Utility.exe.
- Select Accept on the license agreement.
- Choose your version of QuickBooks Desktop, then click Continue.
- When you receive the message QuickBooks is now ready for a clean install, please install to the default directory then click OK.
Manually rename the QuickBooks Desktop installation folders.
By using Windows Explorer to display hidden files and you can rename each of the folder locations listed for your version of Windows. For the more convenient purpose, you can add ‘old’ or ‘damaged’ at the end of the folder name and this will prevent QuickBooks from recognizing the folder in order to create a new one.
Error: Access Denied when renaming folders
- Open the system and right-click the Windows Task Bar and select Task Manager.
- Go to the processes tab and choose the image name column header to sort the processes alphabetically by name.
- Choose QBDBMgrN.exe, QBDBMgr.exe, QBCFMonitorService.exe, Qbw32.exe, then select End Process.
- Choose End Process.
- Now, click Yes to the message, “WARNING: terminating a process can cause undesired results including loss of data and system instability.”
Step 3: Reinstall QuickBooks it by doing clean installations
- First, you uninstall the QuickBooks
- After the uninstallation process, clean install QuickBooks
- To perform this by you can select one from the given options;
- The first option is you install QuickBooks directly from the installation CD.
- And the second option is to install QuickBooks through a download file.
- Now you install QuickBooks from a CD.
Method 2: Fix Common QuickBooks Desktop Installation Errors with the QBInstall Tool
When you are unable to install or open QuickBooks desktop, you can use the QuickBooks Installation diagnostic tool. QBInsatll tool specially designed for automatically identify and fix issues with the .NET framework, MSXML, and C++ issue.
If your operating system does not work properly and some errors occur, you can download and run the QBInstall tool to resolve the error related issues, you may receive when installing QuickBooks Desktop such as:
- Errors relating to damaged Microsoft .NET Framework
- Errors relating to damaged MSXML and C++
- Problem-related to opening QuickBooks Desktop such as QuickBooks has Stopped Working or unrecoverable errors.
- You may need to again register or reactive QuickBooks Desktop.
- Consult your computer’s manufacturer or a windows export, if you are uncomfortable doing the steps.
- If you face the error problem while installing Windows update contact IT professional or Microsoft.
Solution 1: Run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic (QBInstall) tool.
- Firstly, download the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool.
- When prompted, save the file on your Desktop.
- First, close any open programs, then run the QBInstall tool.
Note: Installation process takes up to 20 minutes to complete depending on your internet speed and computer’s performance.
- Now, restart your computer after running the tool to ensure the components are properly updated.
Solution 2: Download Windows Updates
It will install missing improvements pertaining to the .NET Framework, MSXML, and C++ issues when you download Windows updates.
If you use an older version or your Windows operating system is out of date, QuickBooks may not be able to install or open correctly. You can easily access Windows updates by simply pressing the Windows key on your keyboard, then typing Windows Update on the search field.
Reboot or restart your computer after the installation process, then open QuickBooks Desktop to see if the issue has been resolved.
Solution 3: Fix problems with QuickBooks Desktop and Microsoft components manually
If you still face the problem and QBInstall does not solve your problem, you can try to fix these Windows components manually.
Note: You can not perform this solution without any guidance, you should only try this if you are an IT professional, an advanced Windows expert.
Solution 4: Install or uninstall QuickBooks Desktop in Selective Startup
Sometimes, third-party applications such as antivirus and anti-spyware programs interfere with the QuickBooks Desktop installation and attack on the program. Due to this reason may be necessary to install QuickBooks Desktop in selective startup since this mode enables you to start Windows with only select items running on your computer.
Start your computer in selective startup
- By your keyboard, press Windows+R to open the run command.
- Type msconfig and then choose OK.
- In the general tab, choose selective startup and load system services.
- Now, go to the services tab, then select Hide all Microsoft Services.
- Choose disable all.
- Now, unmark the Hide all Microsoft Services check box.
- Open the service list and check it and ensure the Windows Installer checkbox is selected. If it is not, mark it then select OK.
- Go to the system configuration window, select Restart.
When your computer opens up, install, uninstall, or reinstall QuickBooks Desktop using a clean install.
Restore your computer to its normal configuration.
- By your keyboard, press Windows+R to open the run command.
- Now, type msconfig, then select OK.
- Go to the General tab, select Normal Startup > OK.
- Now, on the System Configuration window, choose Restart.
Error 1328 when updating Point of sale v18 and v12 to latest release (r4 and r14)
When user updating to the latest release of QuickBooks Point of sale V12 or V18 receive Error 1328 message is Failed to install the update. Microsoft Install Error: 1328, Error applying patch to file. C:\Config.Msu\PTFB53.tmp. It has probably been updated by other means, and can no longer be modified by this patch.”
We suggest the two procedure that may help you resolve this issue
- Firstly, you can rename the file C:\Config.MSU\PTFB53.tmp then reinstall the patch.
- You can perform clean reinstall on Point of Sale then update or apply the patch again.
Important note: When a user downloading the latest QuickBooks updates receive the following error message “error 1328 followed by error 2350: FDI server”.
This error is FDI server error and occurs when the update installer encounters a file of a different version than it expected.
The best solution of this error is you can click the ignore button each time (up to 4 times).
We hope the above-discussed solutions would help you in resolving the error 1328 if you have any problem you can contact our QuickBooks expert team by a call at +1 855 441 4417.