QuickBooks is made for small businesses & this had made their work easier. But they have to face some kind of issues too. A lot of users have asked for help regarding issues such as QuickBooks Desktop Doesn’t Start, QuickBooks won’t open, has stopped working or not responding, etc.
But the users need not worry more. Like other issues, this can also be resolved. Read this simple guide to fix the error & start QuickBooks in self mode.
When you click on the QuickBooks Desktop or a company file icon, the program doesn’t start or just partially respond appears. There are a lot of issues that can prevent QuickBooks from opening. In some cases, rebooting your Desktop will resolve this issue.
Note: When you click on the QuickBooks icon many times (double-clicking repeatedly) can result in not responding. It is better to wait for a while and give time to launch QuickBooks. Don’t click too many times to send multiple requests.
Possible Causes of QuickBooks Desktop Doesn’t Start
- Corrupted Hard Disk
- Very large Company Name
- Out of date Operating system
- Improper Installation of QuickBooks Desktop
- Missing or damaged QBWUSER.INI file
Symptoms of Desktop not responding
- QB desktop Freezes
- Old Version of the operating system
- Sometimes the system hangs
- Installation not done properly
- Sometimes the computer responds slowly to keyboard inputs and mouse click
- QB company file does not open
Note: If you get a better result when working on Quickbooks you wait for a while and give time to launch QuickBooks again rather than click again to again.
Steps to solve QuickBooks won’t open issue
Solution 1: Close QBW32.exe process
- First of all, right-click the Windows taskbar and then select Start Task Manager.
- After that, click the Processes tab and then click the Image Name header to sort the processes alphabetically.
- After that, locate and select QBW32.EXE and then click End Process.
Solution 2: Suppress the QuickBooks application
- First of all, Right-click the QuickBooks Desktop icon, press and hold the Ctrl key and then click open.
- Note: Don’t release the Ctrl key until you have the No company open window unless QuickBooks hang or gave you an error.
- After that, open the company file.
Solution 3: Restart your Desktop
By restarting your Desktop, this will bring the system up from the scratch and swipes away the present state of the application. Attempt to open your QuickBooks after restarting your Desktop.
Related Article: Cannot open QuickBooks Company File: Troubleshooting
Solution 4: Re-register QuickBooks related components in Windows.
You need to run Reboot.bat for re-registers QB Desktop related file like as.DLL and.OCX in Microsoft OS.
Solution 5: Repair your QuickBooks installation
By running a Repair on your QuickBooks installation, you are restoring all corrupt installation files of QuickBooks.
Solution 6: Do a clean installation of QuickBooks
Firstly, you have to uninstall the QuickBooks software and after then reinstall the QuickBooks software and then rename the installation folders.
That’s all from our behalf. Hopefully, you have been able to fix QuickBooks desktop not opening issue. If you are looking for further support or talk with a proadvisor, feel free to dial our helpline +1-855-441-4417.