QuickBooks Error 6000, 83
- Last Updated on: January 31st, 2018
- Posted by: admin
- Category: QuickBooks Error
QuickBooks is one of the most popular accounting software across the world. It handles almost all small and medium-sized business. In the article we are going to discuss about QuickBooks Error 6000, 83 which is faced by many users while accessing company file in QB.
Overview of Error 6000, 83
This software is developed by Intuit. With the help of this software, you can save your valuable time because it provides lots of services and advanced features for your business like Payroll activity, Transaction related work, Accept payment, Tax calculation keep the track record of your business etc. This software security is great so don’t’ worry about your company file or any other important data.
Some of the users facing errors while using QuickBooks, one such error is QuickBooks Error 6000, 83. In this blog, you’ll learn steps to fix this error. If you are not interested in doing it own, you can take services from our Support For QuickBooks Error team. You can ask your queries by dialing 24/7 available toll-free help desk 1-855-441-4417.
Related Article: Fix QuickBooks Error 404
Causes of QuickBooks Error -6000,-83
This two error generally occurs when QuickBooks tried to access your company file.
The reason behind this error -6000,-83
- You don’t have permission to Use that folder or file. If you want to access that, you must have rights to create, delete and read, write permission to that company folder.
- Your Browser or window firewall blocked QuickBooks files.
- More than one users trying to access the data file.
- File extension would incorrect.
- Some of the files are not available in your installed QuickBooks.
- Damaged company file or the shared folder.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error 6000, 83
The solution of this error depends on different causes. Below, some cases when the user has faced this issue.
- Opening your company file that is located on Windows Server computer
Download QuickBooks File Doctor Tool and install it.
- When QuickBooks is handling on more than one PC then you need to some changes
Turn off Hosting from all PC. It should turn on only your computer which the main server.
- Go to File section> Utilities. Now, if you still see Host multiple user access then your computer is not hosting Your QuickBooks file.
- If You see option “ Stop hosting multiple user access” click yes then click yes to “company file must be closed” and continue. Now do this step to another PC.
- A User tried to create a backup when this error occurred.
Create a manual backup and store it in a C drive
- User tried to restore a company file
Change your file extension .qbw.adr or .qbm to .qbw.
- You should also check whether QuickBooks is latest or old version.
- Arrange QuickBooks firewall.
- Check access data file permission.
Related Blog: What is QuickBooks online sync error?
- Open your company file from the different location.
If the problem still persists, you should talk to our QuickBooks Customer Support team by dialing this Phone Number +1 855 441 4417. This expert support team at WizXpert will help you to resolve QuickBooks Error 6000, 83 with full satisfaction.