Are you facing the QuickBooks error 1603, while installing or opening the QuickBooks Desktop? This installation error or the HTML error code 1603 can be fixed in different ways. In this article, we will show you how? Here we will know a little overview of error code 1603 in QuickBooks, why we face the issue, and what are the solutions to fix the issue in different ways. In the meantime, you can save your time, and effort by dropping a call to this number+1-844-405-0904 for the instant solution.
Table of Contents
What is QuickBooks Error Code 1603
QuickBooks 1603 error code is an installation or update error code in QuickBooks, which mostly occurs at the time of QuickBooks installation, or after the installation. It comes with different error messages on your screen. here is a short introduction of the HTML error code 1603;
Error Code: 1603
Error Type: Installation Issue, Installation HTML error issue
Appeared In: QuickBooks Desktop
- Error Status 1603: The update installer has encountered an internal error.
- Error Status 1603: Unable to apply the patch.
- MSI returned 1603: Fatal error during installation.
- Install Error 1603: There was a problem installing Microsoft .NET Framework [version]
Signs of QuickBooks Update Error 1603
Here are some of the signs, by which you can easily guess the error;
- The Microsoft NET 1.1 SP1 installer itself is not installed correctly.
- A current version of the software is not being used.
- You can’t install the software.
- A file is locked.
- Your Windows temp folders are full.
Why the QuickBooks install Error 1603 Occurs
1603 error can be occurred because of different reasons. Here we have mentioned all of the possible reasons for the error code. You can check all of them.
- Malware or virus infection threat. Because It also has corrupted desktop windows files. Or QuickBooks related program files.
- Incomplete installation or corrupt download of QuickBooks software.
- Corruption in Desktop windows registry from a recent QuickBooks related software modification like installing or uninstall.
- Maybe any other program maliciously or mistakenly deleted QuickBooks related files.
- Your Windows registry has not a valid entry.
- System shutdown due to power failure.
How to Fix Error 1603 in QuickBooks
There are multiples solutions available for the QuickBooks error 1603. For easy understanding, we have divided the solutions into 2 different scenarios, where the users face the error code. You have to choose solutions according to your situation.
Scenario 1: If you are installing the QuickBooks Desktop
If you are facing the 1603 issue while installing the QuickBooks Desktop then you should follow the below solutions to fix the installation error;
Solution 1: Download & Run QBToolHub.Exe File
If you already have the tool hub then you need not download it. Just update it to the latest version (126.96.36.199). And if you are not using the tool hub then follow the below procedure to down and run.
- First of all, close the QuickBooks, and download the tool hub in the latest version.
- Open the downloaded file, and follow the on-screen instructions to run the tool successfully.
- Visit the ‘Installation Issues‘ section, and click on the ‘QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool‘.
- This tool will diagnose all of the issue in QuicBooks, and will fix them one by one automatically.
- For this it will take 20-30 minutes, so wait for the complete process.
Solution 2: Update your Windows to latest release version
- First, go to the “Windows” key on your keyboard and presss it.
- Now, the “Windows search bar” opens on your screen and in the search bar type “Windows Update” there.
- Click on the option for “Check for Updates“.
- It will show you the updates, if any is available.
If you are facing difficulty to do the above steps then you can contact Microsoft professionals for technical help.
Solution 3: Fix the Microsoft Windows Components issues
At very first, you need to install the ‘QuickBook Install Diagnostic tool’. This tool will help to fix problems related to .NET Framework, MSXML, & C++.
- Login to your computer with the “Admin” account.
- You need to search & open the “QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool”.
- Click on the “Install Diagnostic tool”.
- Close all of the running background application.
- Click on the QBInstall_Tool_v2.exe file and go with the “Run” option.
- You are required to run the ‘Complete Scan’ on the system & repair the issues.
Solution 4: Install QuickBooks Desktop in Selective Startup Mode
Sometimes third-party applications, stop us to do any installation process. Here we can use the selective startup mode to install the QuickBooks.
- Prepare the data by creating a backup of the company file and keeping a copy of the QuickBooks Desktop product and license info.
- Now, follow the steps to start your system in selective startup mode:
- Run the command box just by the press and hold the ‘Windows + R‘ keys.
- Type ‘msconfig‘ and click on the ‘OK‘ button.
- Look for the ‘General Tab‘, and select the ‘Selective startup‘ option and ‘Load system services‘.
- After that click on ‘Hide all Microsoft services‘ or disable all.
- Followed by un-checking the hide all Microsoft services checkbox.
- And then assure that the windows installer checkbox is checked.
- Click ‘OK‘ and restart the system.
- Later, Uninstall and install QuickBooks Desktop
- After installation, switch back to the normal startup mode.
Solution 5: Manually Fix or Repair MSXML 4.0
- Select your installation type, If you select CD for installing QuickBooks:
- Insert the CD into your computer and also close the QuickBooks window of installation if it opens on your display screen.
- Follow the given instructions to start the MXSML installation for your operating system.
- Click on the search icon in the Taskbar.
- Then, enter msiexec.exe /forum “d:\QBOOKS\msxml.msi” in the search bar and then enter.
- If the file is not stored in the Local Disk D then replace it with another drive.
Windows 7 or Vista:
- Click the start button on Windows.
- Put msiexec.exe /forum “D:\QBOOKS\msxml.msi” in a search field and press the enter button. If your CD drive letter is different then replace D.
- Select Run from the Windows Start button.
- Put msiexec.exe /forum “D:\QBOOKS\msxml.msi” in the blank or open field and click OK.
Scenario 2: If you are updating the QuickBooks Desktop
If you are facing the 1603 issue while updating the QuickBooks Desktop then you should follow the below solutions;
Solution1: Uninstall the QuickBooks desktop
- On your keyboard, you need to press and hold “Windows + R” keys, on your keyboard to open the “Run” command.
- Now, in the run box, type Control Panel, and later click on the “OK” button.
- Go to the “Programs and Features” option.
- In the given list on your screen, click on the QuickBooks icon.
- Click on “Uninstall/Change” option here. And later go with the on-screen instructions.
Solution 2: Restart Window Installer Service
- First, Go to the Window’s Control Panel.
- Then, select the System and Security option.
- After that, select the Administrative Tool and then double click on the Services option.
- Then, in the Services Tab, find the Window Installer option.
- First Disable and then Enable the service to restart the Window Installer service.
The complete article was all about the 1603 error code in QuickBooks. Dial our toll-free number+1-844-405-0904 to connect with our well-trained certified QuickBooks experts for further queries related to this topic.