System requirement is the first things you look for before using any apps or software. Recently QuickBooks has released its 2022 Desktop version.
In this article, we will discuss, what’s system configuration (Operating System, RAM, Processor, Model, etc) is required in order to run the particular hardware or software application smoothly and efficiently. In simple terms; you can know, which software and hardware requirements are compatible with QuickBooks 2022, 2021, 2020, and 2019 older versions. Meanwhile, you can contact the QuickBooks technical expert through the toll-free number+1-844-405-0904 for further assistance.
No matter which QuickBooks version you are using, and how you are using it. It should be kept in mind that, each and every version has its own requirements to run perfectly. So, we should check the needed requirements of the used version.
Let’s know, which QuickBooks version needs, what type of system requirements.
QuickBooks Desktop 2022 System Requirements (Enterprise, Pro Plus & Premier Plus)
In 2022, QuickBooks has been changed a lot, and require some specific software, and hardware to run successfully.
Minimum Requirements of QuickBooks (2022-19 Older Version)
- QuickBooks Operating Systems:
- The Windows should be the US version, and the regional setting should be supported when it will be set to English.
- During multi-user access, it is mandatory to have the administrator rights of the system.
- It should be natively installed and doesn’t need to run in emulation software. All of the below listed operating systems are compatible with the QuickBooks;
- Windows 11
- Windows 10: All editions of Windows 10, included with 64-bit are compatible with all newly released versions 2022.
- Windows 8.1: All Windows 8.1 editions, included with 64-bit with native installed are compatible with QuickBooks.
- Windows Server 2019: Standard, and Essentials can be run in the new version of QuickBooks.
- Windows Server 2016: This Windows version is only compatible with the Standard, and Essentials.
- Windows Server 2012 R2: The Standard, and Essentials can be used in this operating system.
- Windows Server 2012: Here you can also use the Standard, and Essentials to run the QuickBooks new version.
Note: You should know, QuickBooks only need to use Windows natively not through a virtual environment.
- QuickBooks Server Requirements (Windows):
Have a look at the following list, to know, which database servers are required for QuickBooks;
- Windows Server:
- Windows Server 2019, Standard and Essentials
- Windows Server 2016, Standard and Essentials
- Windows Server 2012 R2, Standard and Essentials
- Windows Server 2012, Standard and Essentials
- Windows 10
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 11
- Linux Server:
- OpenSuse Leap 15.1, 15.2
- Fedora 31, 32
- Red Hat Enterprise 8 (RHEL 8)
The Linux server can be only used, during the use of QuickBooks Enterprise solutions database server-only installation. You can use the above Linux versions for QuickBooks. And the normal QuickBooks database server manager will be used in the other QuickBooks Desktop plans.
- Browser Requirements:
The QuickBooks Desktop 2022 release version requires internet access and can be compatible with Internet Explorer 11 with the 32-bit version.
- Hardware Compatibility:
In the previous QuickBooks Desktop version, we were using the 32-bit of Windows operating system, but in 2022, you can only access the QuickBooks Desktop in the 64-bit Windows operating system.
- Processor: The minimum requirement of a processor is 2.4 GHz. (Remember that, this is the minimum requirement.)
- RAM: You need a minimum of 8 GB of RAM for 64 bit. We recommend you use 16GB of RAM.
- Server RAM Requirements: Here is the information for the number of users, and the need for RAM according to the user for the QuickBooks server.
- 8GB RAM for 1-5 Users
- 12GB RAM for 10 Users
- 16GB RAM for 15 Users
- 20+GB RAM for 20 Users
- Optical Drive: A 4X DVD-ROM drive is needed for physical CD installations.
- Screen Resolution:
- The screen resolution display is optimized for 1280*1024, and higher up to 2 extended monitors.
- The default DPI setting for a given computer is the best-optimized screen resolution.
- Disk Space:
- The minimum requirement of disk space for QuickBooks is 2.5GB, but for data files, you have to add some additional data. Like, 60MB is required for Microsoft .NET 4.8 Runtime and installation files.
- For Intuit data protection in QuickBooks Connected Services you need;
- 4.0GB Minimum RAM
- And you need doubles to the size of the largest file to take back up, and 100 MB to restore the backup. This space will be needed from the work folder. (LocalApplicationData+”Intuit\Intuit Data Protect”. )
Note: Use Solid State Drive (SSD) to store the QuickBooks data files without any issue.
And if you are using the Warehouse manager in QuickBooks Desktop mobile then the following will be supported as devices;
- It is recommended to use the Zebra TC20/TC25/TC51 Mobile Computer for Android 4.4 and above.
- Zebra MC40 Mobile Computer (Android 4.4 & above)
- The Honeywell Voyager 1602g pocket barcode scanner, Socket Mobile CHS 7CI, and symbol CS3070 supports in Quickbooks Desktop Enterprise 22.0.
Software Compatibility With QuickBooks Desktop & Enterprise
- QuickBooks can integrate more than 100 apps, and you can see all of these apps in the Intuit App Store. You may need to add RAM to your system to get all the features of apps.
- Microsoft Office:
- The Microsoft Office 2019, 2016 (including Outlook 2016) both on 32 and 64-bit, and 2013 and 365 (including Outlook 2013) both on 32 and 64-bit are supported with the QuickBooks.
- Microsoft Outlook with Microsoft 365, Yahoo, Gmail, email estimate, invoices, and the other forms are supporting email clients.
- You can use Microsoft Word 2019, 2016, 2013, and Microsoft 365 (includes 64-bit) to prepare a letter.
- And to maintain a sheet, while exporting reports, you can use Microsoft Excel 2019, 2016, 2013, and Microsoft 365 (includes 64-bit).
- You can use Microsoft Outlook 2019 (32-bit), 2016, and 2013 for contact synchronization.
- The QuickBooks Point of Sale V19.0, and V18.0, TurboTax 2021 (Personal and Business), Lacerte 2021, and Pro-Series tax year 2021 is compatible with the QuickBooks Desktop.
- You can also use Quicken 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, and 2016 with QuickBooks.
- Different types of mail are supported for QuickBooks for the client support like yahoo, Gmail, Outlook, Windows Mail, Hotmail, and AOL.
- Some of the other online features require internet access. It should be 56 Kbps connection speed, but it is recommended to use 1 Mbps for better performance.
- The QuickBooks Desktop for Mac 2022, 2021, 2020, and 2019 can be used as QuickBooks compatible.
- The business planner, payroll, and viewing forms of the Adobe card reader can be used in the new release versions.
Antimalware & Anti-Virus Compatibility:
Here are the lists of antivirus and antimalware software that are compatible with the new version of QuickBooks 2022. All of the software is tested with QuickBooks Desktop Pro 2021, QuickBooks Desktop Premier 2021, and QuickBooks Enterprise 2021. So you can install any one of them in your system by adjusting some settings in the programs for the best QuickBooks performance.
|Antivirus Software||Antimalware Software|
|Trend Micro Security||Avast|
Firewalls that are Compatible with QuickBooks Desktop Versions
- Windows Server Firewall
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 Firewall
- Windows 7 Firewall
- Microsoft Security Essentials
Note: You may need to adjust firewall settings in some of the products.
Take QuickBooks Enterprise help to arrange all the system requirements in QB Desktop (Pro & Premier) and Enterprise.
QuickBooks Point Of Sale 2022, 2021, 2020, & Older Version
Check the below information to know the needed system requirements for the QuickBooks Point of Sale for 2021, 2020, 2019, and 2018 versions.
Minimum Requirements Of QuickBooks Point Of Sale
Required Operating Systems:
The listed OS requirements are needed for both systems, and tablet users.
- For Windows:
- Windows 10 (all editions with 64-bit, and natively included)
- Windows 8.1 (all editions with 64-bit, natively included), available for Update 1
- Windows Server 2016, and 2012 R2
- For Tablet:
- Windows 10
- Acer Switch, Microsoft Surface Pro, Microsoft Surface Go, Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro (for compatibility)
The QuickBooks Point of Sale is used in 3 different ways. All use types need different requirements. So, check the requirements according to the user type from the below information.
- For General Use:
Arrange all the listed requirements for general use in POS:
- Disk Space: 1GB disk space is required, and some additional space is needed for the data file. (This space is not for company files, if you have a large storage of company files then you need more disk space.)
- Multi-Users: It needs a 2.8 GHz processor for multi-users, but it is recommended to use the 3.5 GHz processor.
- Display: Screen resolution is optimized for 1280*768 or higher.
- Drive Requirement: 4X DVD ROM drive required for the DVD installation.
- For Single User:
To run the QuickBooks POS for a single user, you need to arrange the following requirements.
- RAM: The minimum requirement for a single workstation installation is 4GB. But it is always recommended to use 6-8 GB RAM.
- Processor: 2.0 GHz processor is the minimum requirement. A 3.5 GHz processor is recommended for better performance.
- For Multi-User:
The following requirements are for multi-user in QuickBooks Point of sale;
- RAM: It is recommended to use 8 GB RAM for better performance on the workstation.
- Processor: It is always been recommended to use the 3.5 GHz processor, but the users can also run the QuickBooks Point of Sales in 2.8 GHz also.
- License: Now in QuickBooks Point of sale, each workstation needs a separately purchased user license with the same version and same level.
Needed Requirements for Payment in QuickBooks POS:
You need to ensure that, you have completed all the requirements if you want to make the payment process easier in QuickBooks POS.
- High-speed internet speed is required for the fastest payment process.
- Optional fee-based services are available, additional terms, and conditions apply.
- A QuickBooks payment account is needed for this.
- The requirement of a PIN pad is also needed for the credit card, and debit card transactions.
Software Compatible With QuickBooks Point Of Sales
QuickBooks Point of Sales supported with the other QuickBooks plans, Microsoft office version, and with some other security software.
Other QuickBooks Plans & Microsoft Compatibility:
The other QuickBooks versions or plans, and Microsoft versions are available to make the use of POS easy. Here are some of the versions of QuickBooks, and Microsft, that are listed below, you can check them;
QuickBooks Plans, that compatibility with QuickBooks POS:
- Intuit QuickBooks Pro (2021, 2020, 2019 & 2018)
- Intuit QuickBooks Premier (2021, 2020, 2019 & 2018)
- QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions versions (2021, 2020, 2019, 18.0)
Microsoft Office, that Integrates with POS:
- Microsoft Office 2016
- Microsoft Office 2013, and 2010
- Microsoft Office 365
Security Software that Compatibility with QuickBooks POS:
All of the below-listed security software is compatible with Point of Sale. You can use any one of them for security purposes with QuickBooks POS. Some of the software may need changes in the firewall settings, so use according to that.
- McAfee Internet Security Suite
- Symantec Norton
QuickBooks Mac Plus 2022, 2021, & Older Versions
Minimum System Requirements
These are the minimum system requirements for the QuickBooks Desktop for Mac. A user should complete all the needed requirements to run the QuickBooks Desktop for Mac.
- A good and high-speed internet connection is required for the download, install, and update process.
- It is mandatory to complete the product registration.
- MacOS X v11.3 (Big Sur), MacOSXv10.15 (Catalina), macOS 10..12 (Sierra), macOS 10.13 (High Sierra), macOS 10.14 (Mojave) are needed for QuickBooks for Mac 2021, 2019, and the older versions.
- And iOS 12.0 is needed for the iPhone users.
- The QuickBooks mac Plus only supports Intel or Apple CPU.
- Core 2 Duo or higher Intel processor is needed for this.
- You need 4GB RAM and 250MB of disk space for the storage.
- A 100% macintosh compatible printer is needed for any printing purpose. (optional)
You can dial the toll-free number +1-844-405-0904 for the QuickBooks Mac support to arrange the system requirement easily
QuickBooks For Mac, Software Compatibility:
Export Report Data: To exporting report data, it should have the Apple Numbers v3.5; Microsoft Excel 2016 or later, including Mac Office 365.
Email: QuickBooks for Mac is compatible with the Apple Mail, Microsoft Outlook 2016 or later, including Mac office 365, almost all support Email.
File Conversion: QuickBooks for Mac supports one-way conversion to QuickBooks Online and one-way conversion from QuickBooks Desktop for Windows 2018 to 2021. And support conversion to and from QuickBooks for Windows 2022.
Mac Apps: Apple’s Calendar, Contacts, and Messages can sync with the QuickBooks for Mac.
Accepting Credit and Debit Cards: Requires Intuit Merchant Services for QB for Mac.
Integrating Processing Payroll: Requires a paid subscription, EIN, and Internet access for QuickBooks for Mac. Set up a payroll Integration is important because it sending information when I work to your payroll processor.
QuickBooks Online System Requirements for Accountant, & Self-Employed
Most of the QuickBooks Online users, don’t want to try to know about the system requirements for QuickBooks Online. Because they know that, QuickBooks Online can be used in different systems and in different locations at any time.
But, here you must know that QuickBooks Online also needs some particular requirements to run perfectly.
Read the following information to know, what requirements need to run QuickBooks Online. Accountant, & Self-Employed successfully.
Windows PC: QuickBooks Online requires Windows 10 to run in a Windows version with the intel processor i3, and i5 or comparable processor for 2015, and 2013 newer version is best for the use of QuickBooks Online.
RAM: 2 GB RAM is the minimum requirement, but it is recommended to use the 4GB RAM.
MAC: OS X “El Capitan” 10.11 or newer is needed at least, and the OS X “Panther” 10.13 or newer is recommended for better performance.
Internet Connection: It will be good to have a 3Mbps internet connection, but you can also use the 1.5 Mbps internet connection for QuickBooks Online.
As we all know that QuickBooks Online can be used in all system types, so the needed browsers should be vary according to that. Have a look to know, which browser is compatible with which system;
- Supported Browser Requirements for System
- Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsft Edge are the supported browser for QuickBooks in windows.
- Safari 11, and the newer versions are the supported browser in Mac.
Normally, QuickBooks only supports the 2 previous versions of browsers and does not support the older versions.
- Supported Browser Requirements for Mobile:
- QuickBooks support the Safari browser, OS 11.1, or the newer version in iPhone/ iPad. The other browsers like Google Chrome, Dolphin, and etc may work, but these browsers are not declared as officially supported.
- For Android and tablets the Chrome, Nougat 7.1.1, or the newer versions are available to support. You may run the QuickBooks Online on opera, Firefox, and other Browsers. But these browsers are not yet declared for official support in android, and tablets.
Minimum System Requirements For QuickBooks App:
You can check the configuration required in a system for the QuickBooks app. Therefore, here read the given requirements for the QB App.
- 2.4 GHz
- 4 GB of RAM
- SIMD Extensions 2 (SSE2) Support for Streaming
- Hard Disk
- 1 GB
- Solid State Drive (SSD): SSD
- Network Speed
- As suggested by QuickBooks Online
- Minimum Internet speed 512 Kps
- Recommended Internet Speed 1MBPS
- Machine types supported
- Operating System Supported
- Windows 10, Windows 8.1, and Windows 7 are supported as the operating system in QuickBooks for all Windows users.
- Mac OS X 10.11 (El Capitan), Mac OS X 10.10 (Yosemite), and Mac OS X 10.9 (Mavericks) are supported as the operating system in QuickBooks for all Mac users.
- Screen Resolution
- Best optimized for 1280X800 screen resolution or higher
- Between 1200*800 and 1600*900
- And between 1600*1200 and 1920*1200
- Between 1920*1440 and 2560*1440
- Up to 200% DPI
- Extended monitor support
In this article, we shared everything about system requirements for QuickBooks. Hopefully, you find the information useful. Thanks for visiting.