While working on QuickBooks You may face QuickBooks Error Code 80029c4a. Then you need to fix it, for that here is an article, that is to aid you in learning the troubleshooting of error code 80029c4a. Read the article to resolve this issue, we have provided here different methods; follow the steps and get the error fixed. Go through the article and learn to fix it along with the causes of the error, and symptoms to recognize it. For more info contact QuickBooks ProAdvisor toll-free: +1-888-202-8743
QuickBooks is famous for its handy and tracking features. Sometimes the user faces the issue of error in QuickBooks. It is one of the most complicated errors within QB. As we know that one of the most important features of QB is that it is useful in tackling all the financial tasks like creating invoices and reports, tracks change orders and job status, etc.
QuickBooks Error Code 80029c4a
This error occurs when a company file has been damaged. You can see anyone of these two following error messages regarding QB error code 80029c4a.
Problem: There was an unexpected error reported when trying to run QuickBooks with the company file. Error Code: 80029c4a. Description: Error loading type library / DLL”
“QuickBooks couldn’t load a system component. Restarting your computer might solve the problem. Error type: 80029c4a – Can’t load dynamic link library (DLL)”
Causes of QuickBooks Error Code 80029c4a
- This error generally occurs due to corrupted QuickBooks Desktop system files or cannot be found.
- Incomplete installation of QuickBooks software.
- Corruption in Windows registry.
- Corrupted Windows system files or QuickBooks Pro-related program files.
- The program mistakenly deleted QuickBooks Pro-related files.
- Maybe your antivirus has incorrectly marked a QB Desktop file as being infected with the virus.
Note: If you are getting this error after installing the QuickBooks 2016 R9 release then try to attempt direct solution 4.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error Code 80029c4a
Below we would provide the symptoms of error code 80029c4a by this you can easily understand the error
- Error 80029C4A will show on the display screen
- Crashes the active program window.
- Your computer frequently crashes with Error 80029C4A
- Windows runs slow
- Windows responds slowly to mouse or keyboard input
- Your pc “freezes” for a few seconds at a time
- QuickBooks Error Code 80029c4a can appear during program installation,
- QuickBooks Error Code 80029c4a occurs while Windows startup or shutdown, or even during the installation of the Windows operating system.
It is necessary to Keep track of when and how QuickBooks Error Code 80029c4a occurs in order to troubleshoot the problem because if you know the reason of error you can easily resolve the error.
How to Fix QuickBooks error code 80029c4a?
Now, let’s discuss the most important part. How to fix this error? Follow the solutions steps mentioned below. Although these steps are pretty simple.
But if you want to be safe or get it fixed by our Intuit certified ProAdvisor you can do so. Just dial our helpline number +1-888-202-8743 in order to get remote help.
Solution 1: Perform an Avast Virus Definition and Program Update
- Right-Click on your Avast icon.
- Select Update.
- Click Program and Follow the prompts to upgrade the Avast program.
- Repeat steps 1 – 3 and select Engine and Virus Definitions.
Solution 2: Check your antivirus program for files that have been quarantined
For other antivirus program solution guide, please consult your Antivirus help documentation. It will be good for you if you contact an IT professional before making any changes to your anti-virus programs.
Solution 3: Run Reboot.bat
- Close your QuickBooks Desktop.
- Open the folder which has the reboot.bat file:
- Right-click the QuickBooks Desktop icon and choose properties.
- Click Open file location.
- Right-click the reboot.bat file and choose Run as Administrator.
- Ensure that you run reboot.bat as the Windows Administrator.
- Depending on your Windows Folder Options settings file may show as reboot.bat or reboot.
- Do not close the manually appeared window ( A black window will open with scrolling filename). This will close when the reboot.bat file utility has completed.
- Now, restart your computer.
Solution 4: Perform a clean install of QuickBooks Desktop
Note: Before uninstalling QuickBooks Desktop, ensure that you have QuickBooks Desktop download file and your installation CD and license numbers.
- First of all, you have to re-install using a clean install.
- After that, update the QuickBooks Desktop to the latest release.
- First, go to the File menu and then click Close Company or Logoff. Note: If you open multiple company files in QB Desktop, you have to do this step for every company that is open.
- Click File and then Exit
- After that, Run as administrator.
- Make sure, there is No Company Open on screen.
- Go to the Help menu, select Update QuickBooks.
- Select Options.
- Choose the Mark all button and then click Save.
- Click on the Update Now
- Click on the Reset Update then Choose the Get Updates
- When the update finish pop up appears then close the QuickBooks Desktop.
- After that, Open the QuickBooks Desktop. If you get the pop up to install the update then click Yes.
- When the update is finished, restart your computer.
Solution 5: Fix with Windows System File Checker
- First, click on the Windows Start icon and then open the search bar.
- After that, press and hold the Ctrl + shift and then press enter.
- Then, enter Yes, when the permission window will open.
- Next, the command prompt window will appear on the screen.
- In the command prompt window, type ‘SFC/Scannow’ and then hit enter.
- This might take time until the System File Checker completes the scanning process for QuickBooks Error Code 80029c4a.
- After the scanning is complete, you need to follow the on-screen instructions to fix the error 80029c4a.
Solution 6: Perform a Windows repair on QuickBooks
- You have to Close QuickBooks
- Now, click on the Windows button
- Open the Control Panel and click on
- Uninstall or change program
- Select QuickBooks in the list of programs
- Click on Uninstall/Change
- Click Next, In the QuickBooks installation window,
- Now, click Next and select the Repair radio button,
- Click on the Repair button at the bottom
- After that, click Finish, after the repair process completes.
- The QuickBooks application should now be repaired and Reboot your computer
- To verify that it opens normally, Open your QuickBooks
Note: It is also highly recommended that you should consult an IT professional before making any changes to your anti-virus software.
The Bottom Line
Above, we have mentioned all the methods that are required to fix the QuickBooks error code 80029c4a. If the problem is still not resolved then we recommend you to consult an expert who can fix this error. You can ask for assistance from our QuickBooks Support team through a 24/7 toll-free number +1-888-202-8743.
You may also like: