In this article, Wizxpert will guide you to know about the QuickBooks error code 80029c4a. If you are facing the error message, and are unable to open QuickBooks Desktop then must read the complete article. Here we will discuss, why the 80029c4a error code occurs in QuickBooks, what are the signs to identify the issue, and how to resolve it. In the meantime, you can find a QuickBooks ProAdvisors for further assistance by dropping a call to this number+1-844-405-0904.
Table of Contents
What is QuickBooks Error Code 80029c4a
QuickBooks error 80029c4a mainly occurs, when a company file has been damaged. Because of this reason, it doesn’t allow you to open the QuickBooks Desktop. And this error can only be resolved in the latest released version of QuickBooks.
Error Code: 80029c4a
Appeared In: QuickBooks Desktop
- Problem: There was an unexpected error reported when trying to run QuickBooks with the company file. Error Code: 80029c4a. Description: Error loading type library / DLL”
- “QuickBooks couldn’t load a system component. Restarting your computer might solve the problem. Error type: 80029c4a – Can’t load dynamic link library (DLL)”
Why 80029c4a Error Code Occurs
it is necessary to Keep track of when and how QuickBooks Error Code 80029c4a occurs in order to troubleshoot the problem because if you know the reason for the error you can easily resolve the error.
- This error generally occurs due to corrupted QuickBooks Desktop system files or cannot be found.
- Incomplete installation of QuickBooks software.
- Corruption in Windows registry.
- Corrupted Windows system files or QuickBooks Pro-related program files.
- The program mistakenly deleted QuickBooks Pro-related files.
- Maybe your antivirus has incorrectly marked a QB Desktop file as being infected with the virus.
Note: If you are getting this error after installing the QuickBooks 2016 R9 release then try to attempt direct solution 4.
What are the Signs to Identify the QuickBooks Error Code 80029c4a
The following points will help you to detect the error code;
- Error 80029C4A will show on the display screen
- Crashes the active program window.
- Your computer frequently crashes with Error 80029C4A
- Windows runs slow
- Windows responds slowly to mouse or keyboard input
- Your PC freezes for a few seconds at a time
- QuickBooks error code 80029c4a can appear during program installation,
- QuickBooks error code 80029c4a occurs while Windows startup or shutdown, or even during the installation of the Windows operating system.
How to Fix QuickBooks error code 80029c4a
Now, let’s discuss the most important part. How to fix this error? Follow the solutions steps mentioned below.
Solution 1: Perform an Avast Virus Definition and Program Update
- Right-Click on your Avast icon.
- Select Update.
- Click Program and Follow the prompts to upgrade the Avast program.
- Repeat steps 1 – 3 and select Engine and Virus Definitions.
Solution 2: Check your antivirus program for files that have been quarantined
For other antivirus program solution guides, please consult your Antivirus help documentation. It will be good for you if you contact an IT professional before making any changes to your anti-virus programs.
- Some of the QuickBooks essentials files may blocked or prevented from loading by the Antivirus program. So check it.
- You need to check your antivirus software for files that have been placed in quarantine.
- Just remove and reinstall the QuickBooks program on your computer. This enables the user to successfully launch your QB software.
These files are located in C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks (year).
Solution 3: Run Reboot.bat
- Close your QuickBooks Desktop.
- Open the folder which has the reboot.bat file:
- Right-click the QuickBooks Desktop icon and choose properties.
- Click Open file location.
- Right-click the reboot.bat file and choose Run as Administrator.
- Ensure that you run reboot.bat as the Windows Administrator.
- Depending on your Windows Folder Options settings file may show as reboot.bat or reboot.
- Do not close the manually appeared window ( A black window will open with a scrolling filename). This will close when the reboot.bat file utility has been completed.
- Now, restart your computer.
Solution 4: Perform a Clean Install of QuickBooks Desktop
Note: Before uninstalling QuickBooks Desktop, ensure that you have the QuickBooks Desktop download file and your installation CD and license numbers.
- First of all, you have to re-install using a clean install.
- After that, update the QuickBooks Desktop to the latest release.
- First, go to the File menu and then click Close Company or Logoff. Note: If you open multiple company files in QB Desktop, you have to do this step for every company that is open.
- Click File and then Exit
- After that, Run as administrator.
- Make sure, there is No Company Open on screen.
- Go to the Help menu, and select Update QuickBooks.
- Select Options.
- Choose the Mark All button and then click Save.
- Click on the Update Now
- Click on the Reset Update then Choose the Get Updates
- When the update finish pop-up appears then close the QuickBooks Desktop.
- After that, Open the QuickBooks Desktop. If you get the pop-up to install the update then click Yes.
- When the update is finished, restart your computer.
Solution 5: Fix with Windows System File Checker
Follow the procedure to fix the Windows system, file checker;
- First, click on the Windows Start icon and then open the search bar.
- After that, press and hold the Ctrl + shift and then press enter.
- Then, enter Yes, when the permission window will open.
- Next, the command prompt window will appear on the screen.
- In the command prompt window, type ‘SFC/Scannow’ and then hit enter.
- This might take time until the System File Checker completes the scanning process for QuickBooks Error Code 80029c4a.
- After the scanning is complete, you need to follow the on-screen instructions to fix the error 80029c4a.
Solution 6: Perform a Windows repair on QuickBooks
Repair Windows on QuickBooks by following the below-given procedure;
- You have to Close QuickBooks
- Now, click on the Windows button
- Open the Control Panel and click on
- Uninstall or change the program
- Select QuickBooks in the list of programs
- Click on Uninstall/Change
- Click Next, In the QuickBooks installation window,
- Now, click Next and select the Repair radio button,
- Click on the Repair button at the bottom
- After that, click Finish, after the repair process completes.
- The QuickBooks application should now be repaired and Reboot your computer
- To verify that it opens normally, Open your QuickBooks.
Solution 7: Repair and Update your QuickBooks Desktop
- The very first thing is suggested to Re-install QuickBooks using a clean install.
- Now update the QuickBooks to the latest version of the QuickBooks desktop.
- After that click on the File menu and then tap on Close company or Logoff.
You must do this step for each open company in QuickBooks if you open multiple company files at once.
- Next, click on the file and then go to exit.
- Make sure that you are logged in as an administrator.
- Also, ensure that there is no company open on your Desktop screen.
- Then next, go to the Help Menu and then select Update QuickBooks.
- Choose Options.
- Then choose the Mark All button.
- Click on Save and then click on Update now.
- Now at the bottom, you can see Reset Update click on that, and after that choose Get Updates.
- Now wait till the update process is complete, after completion of the update process a pop-up with the update successful will show on your screen.
- Then close the QuickBooks desktop by pressing Alt + F4 keys together.
- Now if you get the pop-up to install the update, open the Quickbooks Desktop and click on Yes.
- After completion of the updation, you have to restart your system.
Can QuickBooks Error Code 80029c4a cause data loss?
This error code 80029c4a restricts you from accessing the QuickBooks data but it doesn’t cause any data loss. But it is recommended that you should create backups for company files that help if there is any data loss.
How can I fix the QuickBooks error code 80029c4a?
To fix this error you need to follow the given steps:
- You need to update the Quickbooks to the latest version.
- Repair the QuickBooks and installation.
- You need to perform a clean installation of QuickBooks.
- Run Window System File Checker.
- Update the operating system (Windows).
It’s all about the QuickBooks error 80029c4a. Hopefully, this will be helpful to fix the issue in different ways. Still, if you have any kind of queries regarding the topic then feel free to dial our toll-free number +1-844-405-0904 for further support.