Are you looking for how to delete a deposit in QBO & QBD? Then here we are to aid you, In this article, we have discussed one of the smartest features of QuickBooks i.e, how to delete a deposit, undo a bank deposit, delete payment or duplicate payment, delete undeposited funds in QB Online. All the details you need is organized here to help you performing the delete a deposit operation in QBO. Read the article to get your query resolved, and stay with us to learn more. For more info. or any help contact our QuickBooks ProAdvisor toll-free: [quicbooks]
The deposited payments hold the individual payments and deposits into the bank, and the second one, the undeposited payment holds the small payment that you receive throughout the same day.
So, now here we discuss the delete a deposit in QuickBooks for both funds.
Recommended reading: How to Use the Undeposited Funds Account to Receive Payments in QuickBooks Online
How to Delete a Deposit in QuickBooks
These steps will help you to understand the correct procedure for removing deposits in QuickBooks. If you are looking for how do I delete the deposit in QuickBooks, then the below steps will help you:
- At the very first, go to the lists and look for the chart of accounts icon.
- Next, you need to double-click on the account and also double-click on the deposit.
- If you need to delete a specific payment, then you have to select it from the list.
- Next, click on the edit tab and click on the delete line.
- At last, select the delete deposit in case there is a need to delete the complete deposit.
How to Undo a Bank Deposit in QuickBooks Online & Desktop
To remove payment from deposit, you can use Make Deposit Window tools in QuickBooks.
- First, go to the “Record Deposits” icon on the QuickBooks homepage, and after select the “Banking” menu and choose “Make Deposits.”
- After click on “Cancel” if the Payments to Deposit window opens.
- Now, select “Previous” to move into the transactions until you find the deposit or payment from a deposit that you want to remove.
- Select the “Edit” menu and choose”Delete Deposit” to remove the deposit or payment from the deposit.
How to Delete a Payment in QuickBooks Online
Here are the following steps to delete a customer payment in QuickBooks Online.
- Open QB online, go to the “Customers” and then choose “Customer”.
- When all the payments are displayed, select that [particular payment that you want to delete.
- Now, click on More at the bottom of the Payments window and, click Delete.
How to Delete a Duplicate Payment in QuickBooks
If you mistakenly enter the payment twice, you can easily remove it by following these steps:
- First, Start QuickBooks.
- Open your company file.
- Now go to the Click “Banking” menu, then choose “Make Deposits.”
- Select that line that containing the duplicate payment you want to delete.
- Click the “Edit” menu < select “Delete Line.”
- Now save all the changes by clicking on “Save”.
- Go to the “Lists” menu < click on “Chart of Accounts.”
- Double-click on the “Undeposited Funds” option to open your bank account register.
- Now, select the duplicate payment that you want to delete.
- Click “Edit” < select “Delete Payment” for final step.
How To Remove/Delete a Deposit in QuickBooks
- First of all, click the “Record Deposits” icon on the home page of QB to load the Make Deposits window.
- If the Payments To Deposit window is opened, then click on “Cancel” to close. Skip this step if the window does not appear.
- Now, click on the “Previous” icon to move into your deposits until you locate the one from which you want to remove the payment.
- Choose the payment you want to delete, click the “Edit” menu and click “Delete Line.”
- And click on the positive option like “OK” or “Yes” for confirmation that you really want to remove the transaction.
- Last, click on “Save & Close” to save all the changes that you have done and terminate the Make Deposits window.
How To Delete/Remove an Undeposited Fund in QuickBooks
- On the QB home page. Choose “Lists” < click “Chart of Accounts.” If you need a keyboard shortcut, you can press the “Ctrl-A“.
- Now double-click “Undeposited Funds” to display the register for this type of fund.
- After, select the particular payment that you want to delete. If you are unable to see it, review it in the list of transactions again by clicking the up and down scroll buttons.
- Go to the “Edit” menu < select “Delete Payment” < Press “OK” to delete the entry after the warning box appears.
You have got the idea that, how to delete and undo a deposit in QuickBooks. But always remember that deposit, and direct deposit is not the same, so don’t be confused while canceling direct deposit, and reversing deposit in QuickBooks.
I hope this article will help you learn how to delete a deposit in QuickBooks Online & Desktop. After the above guidelines, if you still facing any kind of problem with the same topic or any other issue related to QuickBooks, please feel free to contact our certified ProAdvisor or directly reach us by dialing +1-888-202-8743.