With the wide range of services offered by QuickBooks, there are a lot of technical issues and bugs attached to it as well. Customers face certain issues on a daily basis, and most of the issues are related to data, network problems, QuickBooks won’t open, failed transactions, etc. QuickBooks unrecoverable error is one of them.
QuickBooks Unrecoverable error code is usually prompted by network issues, damaged QuickBooks components, “data integrity problems with company file”. While logging into the QuickBooks company file, these problems are a possible result of power outages, network blips
The QuickBooks accounting software, in general, is quite easy to use; you may still encounter some errors. One of the most common ones is the “Unrecoverable Error”. Your QuickBooks not working suddenly, don’t be panic in this situation, just follow the below steps if you want to resolve this error by yourself or you can also get QuickBooks Support by dialling our toll-free +1-844-541-8444.
- Causes of Unrecoverable Error QuickBooks
- When QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error Occurs?
- Important Points to Identify the QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error
- Solutions To Fix QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error
- Solution 1: Identify How Many Users Are Affected
- Solution 2: Suppress Your QuickBooks Desktop
- Solution 3: Don’t let QuickBooks open all Windows during Start-up.
- Solution 4: Change the way you save the form.
- Solution 5: Re-register QuickBooks files
- Solution 6: Open “Sample File”
- Solution 7: Troubleshoot QuickBooks
- Solution 8: Uninstall & Reinstall QuickBooks
- Solution 9: Run Quick Fix my Program from QuickBooks Tools Hub
It is important to know that this error indicates your QuickBooks has experienced a ‘critical application fault‘. The unrecoverable error typically displays one of 50 different numeric error codes, each containing 10-digits in a “5-digits space 5-digits” sequence (e.g. 15144 57386).
Common Error Codes:
- 00000 14775
- 00000 15204
- 00227 55008
- 00551 46274
- 02457 79428
- 13730 84631
- 13824 75582
- 15563 13890
- 19758 63847
- 20103 33023
- 20888 41171
It appears mostly when you open your file or when you click the Save, Print, or Ship icon at the top of a transaction.
Related Article : Payroll Setup Error code format 00000 XXXXX [Unrecoverable Error]
Causes of Unrecoverable Error QuickBooks
The most common occurrence of this issue is when:
- A window or window(s) were being left open while closing the file.
- Suddenly QuickBooks has stopped working.
- QuickBooks didn’t close properly.
So, under either condition, we will have major data corruption that locked us out of QuickBooks which is wholly unacceptable.
When QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error Occurs?
Check status if QuickBooks Unrecoverable error: –
- At the time of start/open/access a company file or closing company file
- It occurs at the time of open window at a QB company file
- When creating a backup of company file or maybe creating a Portable file.
- While downloading a payroll update/upgrade
- At the time of operating, verify or rebuild functionality
- While keeping a record/transaction
- Occurs while sending the payroll via Direct Deposit
Important Points to Identify the QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error
It is necessary to identify the error so that the correction process can begin. So, let’s take a look at the QuickBooks identification process.
- A sudden crash in QuickBooks while opening or working with software
- Updating process gets interrupted or terminated
- If the main program window closes, it indicates unrecoverable errors
- Files and transactions are not saved
- QuickBooks stops or not working
Solutions To Fix QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error
Important: Before proceeding further make sure to update your QuickBooks Desktop to the latest edition or also create a company file backup. And also keep in mind you have to choose to send every time whenever you get the unrecoverable error. The information collected from your side will encourage or assist Intuit to design patch updates to enhance the program.
The following solutions are some of the possible fixes for the QuickBooks error. Before fixing, you make sure that your QuickBooks Desktop is up to date. Read how to update QuickBooks to the latest released version.
Solution 1: Identify How Many Users Are Affected
Note: If you are not using a username to open your company file or if you have no other user who can access your company file then directly go to solution 2.
First. You need to know, by using different login credentials how many users are affected to initiate the same company file. If in case, the error happens only in a particular user, that user credential may be damaged. If it is, then you need to recreate the corrupted user.
A regular user is damaged
- Go to the Company menu, choose Set Up Users and Passwords and then look for the Set Up Users and click on it. For Enterprise users: Go to the Company menu and after choose to Users and then click on Set Up Users and Roles.
- Click on Add User, later enter the user name and password. Choose Next. Make sure here do not use the corrupted user name.
- Customize the user as needed, then click on Finish.
- Again go to File menu, and look for Close Company/Logoff.
- After logout, try to log in to the company file by using the new login credential.
If Admin user is damaged
In this case, you need to run the QuickBooks File Doctor from the QuickBooks Tool Hub. The QuickBooks Tool Hub helps will help you fix general errors. QuickBooks needs to be shut down to use Tool Hub.
Solution 2: Suppress Your QuickBooks Desktop
Step 1: Suppress the Desktop while starting QuickBooks
- Press and hold the Ctrl key and double-click on your QuickBooks application.
- You need to hold the Ctrl key till the No Company Open window displays.
Step 2: Suppress the Desktop while opening a Company File
- Choose the aspired company file from the No Company Open window.
- Long press and hold the Alt key, later click on Open.
- When you are asked for your login credentials, then only release the Alt key, later insert your username and password. Keep in mind if you are not indicated for your username and password, then do not release the Alt key.
- Press and hold the Alt key, next choose OK. Make sure you do not release the Alt key till your file is entirely open. Important: QuickBooks may show a blank screen. If you can highlight the QuickBooks menu by simply floating your pointer, then your company file is fully open.
Solution 3: Don’t let QuickBooks open all Windows during Start-up.
- Double-click on the QuickBooks icon and press the Alt key.
- The application may then ask for the user password.
- Enter the User password after releasing the Alt key.
- Click on OK.
- A file will open, press the Alt key again.
- Wait till the file opens completely and release the Alt key.
Solution 4: Change the way you save the form.
(You may have to use one or more of these options to solve the problem)
- Use either the Save & Close button or the Save & New button at the bottom of the form to save the transaction.
- While saving, do not leave the cursor on a blank line of the sales form. Rather, leave it on a line that has an item filled in.
- Click To Be Printed before saving the transaction.
- For Print, go to File and Print Forms.
In case, you are receiving the unrecoverable error in QuickBooks while printing, make changes/edit your Preferences.
- Click Preferences from the Edit menu and select
- Click clear the Save transactions under the Company Preferences Tab, before clicking the printing checkbox.
- Tap on OK to save changes.
Solution 5: Re-register QuickBooks files
- First, Close QuickBooks
- Go to the Run option from Start Menu & type bat to re-register.
- Restart your computer
- Reopen QuickBooks.
Solution 6: Open “Sample File”
Before following the steps mentioned below, make sure QuickBooks is closed.
- Double-click on the QuickBooks icon, and hold the CTRL key
- Keep holding the CTRL key until the New Company Open screen appears.
- Now, click on Open a sample file
- Choose any of the sample company files from the list that opens up.
(You may be asked to restore or update the Sample File, click YES to continue)
Solution 7: Troubleshoot QuickBooks
If any of the above-mentioned solutions don’t be helpful, try these fixes such as:
- Run Reboot.exe
- Run QuickBooks repair tool. This repair tool easily detects damages and fix it.
- Use QuickBooks clean installation
- If any of the solutions doesn’t work, select repair Microsoft.NET Framework.
Solution 8: Uninstall & Reinstall QuickBooks
- Uninstall all the related files and download QB again.
Solution 9: Run Quick Fix my Program from QuickBooks Tools Hub
- Launch your QuickBooks desktop and Download and save the QuickBooks tool hub from the internet and install it on your computer.
- Now, after installing open tool hub and click on the Program Problems tab.
- Later, click on the Quick Fix my Program option.
These all are the solutions for QuickBooks’ unrecoverable error, all the presented solutions are analyzed and experimented.
That’s all about QuickBook’s unrecoverable error. If you still have any questions, you can directly contact our Intuit certified ProAdvisor just by dialing our toll-free +1-844-541-8444 to get instant help and support.