How to recover QuickBooks Error code -6123, 0
- Last Updated on: July 21st, 2017
- Posted by: admin
- Category: QuickBooks Error
Most of time QuickBooks shows unknown error messages that are unable to understand. According to Intuit, QuickBooks Error Code -6123, 0 “Connection to the QuickBooks company file has been lost” occurs in multi-user environments. When establishing or when the use of a QuickBooks company report over a network, you see one or more of the following errors:
- QuickBooks Error -6123, 0.
- Connection to the QuickBooks company file has been lost.
Why QuickBooks Error Code -6123, 0 is happening?
- A corrupt network connection with the host computer.
- Firewall software is blocking a port necessary to communicate with the server hosting the company file.
- Damage QBW files.
- QuickBooks data or program files gets corrupt.
- Multiple instances of QuickBooks database service are running.
- The McAfee Privacy Service is installed with the Block Web Bugs filter option selected.
- Maybe company file is open in a new version of QuickBooks.
- Maybe you are restoring a backup from a removable storage device.
- Damaged Window user
Know more causes of QuickBooks error -6123, -0.
How to fix QB Error -6123,0:
Now let’s discuss its solution. There is some following solution for resolving this error:
Solution 1: First download the QuickBooks File doctor tool. It will help to detect damage in my QuickBooks file but doesn’t help to detect errors. If this tool finds any type of damage in data, then there will be two options:
- Restore the backup of company files.
- If you cannot open your company file in any respect, send your company record to Data Recovery Team. To request facts healing service from intuit Data services, contact QuickBooks Technical Support.
Solution 2: Check my network connection with the host computer. Download and run the QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool.
Solution 3: Follow some steps to fix the network data file.
- Right-click the Windows Start button and click Explore.
- Check your Company file and right click the file with.ND extension.
- Now rename it with .ndold.
Note: If the company file cannot be open by any chance, ‘Switch to multi-user mode’ option will not be available. In that case, go to File>Utilities>Host multi-user access.
Just follow the above steps to resolve the error issue.For specific troubleshooting steps to resolve the other possible causes of this error, contact QuickBooks Error Support Phone Number @ +1-855-441-4417 .