QuickBooks Error 80070057 is a common error. This error code shows a message i.e. “80070057: the parameter is incorrect” when the user tries to open a file QuickBooks can’t find company files. It means that the user has not enough permission to delete the files from the particular folder. You must have the read/write also create/delete rights to access the company file.
QuickBooks error 80070057 arises when QuickBooks Account Manager creates a company file in QuickBooks, and it does not open when you try to open the same file. Every time you try to open the file within QuickBooks, an error message appears stating that the file was created in an earlier version.
When you double-click on the file, an error message appears, that is error code 80070057 the parameter is incorrect. Such an error suggests that the manager is receiving QuickBooks Error Code 80070057 while opening the file also indicates that the manager does not have sufficient rights to read/write and create/delete company files.
To fix this error, follow the instructions given below. You can also hire our US-based QuickBooks support team to save your time and effort. Let us know why this error is happening.
- Main causes of windows update Error 80070057
- Symptoms of QuickBooks Error code 80070057
- How to resolve QuickBooks error code 80070057?
- Solution 1: Verify the company file name extension
- Solution 2: Handle clean installation of QuickBooks Desktop.
- Solution 3: Move your company file to the default location
- Solution 4: Download and also run the QuickBooks file Doctor in your system.
- Solution 5: Configure BitDefender to permit QuickBooks Desktop Communication
- Solution 6: Steps to Manually Fix Error 800070057
Main causes of windows update Error 80070057
There are various possible reasons for this error:
- QuickBooks can’t read your company file because the company file extension was changed.
- Maybe QuickBooks installation is damaged.
- QuickBooks for Windows file extension is wrong type: .qbm, .qbb, .qbx
- You are using a third-party firewall that is not configured for QuickBooks.
- You are trying to open a portable file without having QuickBooks open.
- Maybe you are working on a file that is situated on a USB flash drive.
- QuickBooks detects the damage in your company file at the time of installation of Quickbooks.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error code 80070057
There are lots of indications so that you can identify the error 80070057, check out the below points:
- The error code 80070057 automatically displays on your screen with an error report.
- Your active program window will crash.
- Your system will freeze continuously.
- Error code quickly pops up when installing QuickBooks
- An error arises and crashes the running program
- The user does not have permissions to delete the company file
How to resolve QuickBooks error code 80070057?
Follow the below steps and fix this issue:
Solution 1: Verify the company file name extension
- Right-click the company file.
- Choose properties.
- Click the QuickBooks tab.
- Note the file extension in the Filename field and QuickBooks version in the last opened with a file.
- Finally, click on OK.
Change the Extension
- Create a new folder.
- Copy the company file and paste it into a new folder.
- Now, Right-click on the new folder and choose Rename.
- Change the file extension to .qbm
- To save changes click anywhere.
- Next, Restore the Portable by opening QuickBooks Desktop.
- If you are facing problem while opening QuickBooks, rename the extension to .qbb
- Open QB desktop and Restore the Backup.
- If the file does not open, rename the extension to .qbx
- Now, Open QB Convert to an Accounting copy.
Copy the company file and paste it into another folder in Flash drive
- Open the Windows Explorer with opening QuickBooks Desktop.
- Go to the “File” option, Right-click and select the New Folder.
- Now, Copy the “Companyfile.QBW” from Flash drive and paste it in a new folder.
- Finally, open QuickBooks Desktop and open a new folder.
Solution 2: Handle clean installation of QuickBooks Desktop.
Perform clean install during Uninstall and reinstall QuickBooks Desktop.
Solution 3: Move your company file to the default location
If your company file is saved in a different location, move it to its default location.
- First, you need to quit QuickBooks Desktop.
- Now, look for the location of your company file.
- Later, give a right-click on the company file (.QBW), next click on Copy.
- Browse to the default location, give a right-click, and click on Paste.
Location: C:/Users/Public/PublicDocuments/Intuit/QuickBooks/Company Files
- Now, relaunch your QuickBooks, then click on Find a company file.
- Click on Local Drives, then look for the company file name.
- Click the correct company file, then Open.
Solution 4: Download and also run the QuickBooks file Doctor in your system.
Solution 5: Configure BitDefender to permit QuickBooks Desktop Communication
- First of all, go to the BitDefender 10.0 main menu and then select Antivirus.
- After that, choose Custom Level.
- Choose to Exclude path from the scan.
- After that, select the New item
- Finally, choose the mapped drive or UNC path that is used to browse to the company file. Like as “Q:\”
Solution 6: Steps to Manually Fix Error 800070057
Step:1 Rename the .ND file
- Find the location of your company file.
- Find out the .ND file of your company file. for instance: MyCompanyFileName.qbw.nd
- Next, right-click the .ND file, then choose Rename.
- Add .old at the end of the file after .nd For instance: MyCompanyFileName.qbw.nd.old
Step 2: Run the QuickBooks Database Server Manager on your server
- First, download and install the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Look for the Network Issues in the tool hub.
- Choose QuickBooks Database Server Manager. If in case QuickBooks is not installed on your server, you’ll be advised to install it.
- Open QuickBooks Database Server Manager, if your company file folders are displayed then choose Start Scan. If not displayed, then first browse the location of the company file and later choose a Start Scan.
- Choose Close.
If above solution not works, then you should call +1-855-441-4417 to get the instant solution of your issues. Our QuickBooks Proadvisor are 24/7 available for the user and we provide the quality service to every query or issue.