Fix QuickBooks Error 80070057 When You Tries To Open a Company File
- Last Updated on: December 10th, 2018
- Posted by: admin
- Category: QuickBooks Error
QuickBooks Error 80070057 is a common error. This error code shows a message i.e. “80070057: the parameter is incorrect” when the user tries to open a company file. It means that the user has not enough permission to delete the files from the particular folder. You must have the read/write also create/delete rights to access the company file.
Why is this windows update Error 80070057 happening?
There are various possible reasons for this error:
- QuickBooks can’t read your company file because the company file extension was changed.
- Maybe QuickBooks installation is damaged.
- QuickBooks for Windows file extension is wrong type: .qbm, .qbb, .qbx
- You are using a third party firewall that is not configured for QuickBooks.
- You are trying to open a portable file without having QuickBooks open.
- Maybe you are working on a file which is situated on USB flash drive.
- QuickBooks detects the damage in your company file at the time of installation of Quickbooks.
How to resolve QuickBooks error code 80070057?
Follow the below steps and fix this issue:
Solution 1: Verify the company file name extension
- Right-click the company file.
- Choose properties.
- Click the QuickBooks tab.
- Note the file extension in the Filename field and QuickBooks version in the last opened with a file.
- Finally, click on OK.
Change the Extension
- Create a new folder.
- Copy the company file and paste it into a new folder.
- Now, Right-click on the new folder and choose Rename.
- Change the file extension to .qbm
- To save changes click anywhere.
- Next, Restore the Portable by opening QuickBooks Desktop.
- If you are facing problem while opening QuickBooks, rename the extension to .qbb
- Open QB desktop and Restore the Backup.
- If the file does not open, rename the extension to .qbx
- Now, Open QB Convert to an Accounting copy.
Copy the company file and paste it into another folder in Flash drive
- Open the Windows Explorer with opening QuickBooks Desktop.
- Go to the “File” option, Right-click and select the New Folder.
- Now, Copy the “Companyfile.QBW” from Flash drive and paste it in a new folder.
- Finally, open QuickBooks Desktop and open a new folder.
Solution 2: Handle clean installation of QuickBooks Desktop.
Perform clean install during Uninstall and reinstall QuickBooks Desktop.
Solution 3: If Converting files from Mac to Windows
Use the Back-Up option in Windows function to convert QB from Mac to Windows.
Solution 4: Download and also run the QuickBooks file Doctor in your system.
Solution 5: Configure BitDefender to permit QuickBooks Desktop Communication
- First of all, go to the BitDefender 10.0 main menu and then select Antivirus.
- After that, choose Custom Level.
- Choose to Exclude path from the scan.
- After that, Select the New item
- Finally, choose the mapped drive or UNC path that is used to browse to the company file. Like as “Q:\”
If above solution not works, then you should call 1(855)441-4417 to get the instant solution of your issues. Our QuickBooks Proadvisor are 24/7 available for the user and we provide the quality service to every query or issue.