QuickBooks Error 80070057 is a common error. This error code shows a message i.e. “80070057: the parameter is incorrect” when the user tries to open a company file. It means that the user has not enough permission to delete the files from the particular folder. You must have the read/write also create/delete rights to access the company file.
To fix this error, follow the instructions given below. You can also hire our US-based QuickBooks support team to save your time and effort. Let us know why this error is happening.
Why is this windows update Error 80070057 happening?
There are various possible reasons for this error:
- QuickBooks can’t read your company file because the company file extension was changed.
- Maybe QuickBooks installation is damaged.
- QuickBooks for Windows file extension is wrong type: .qbm, .qbb, .qbx
- You are using a third-party firewall that is not configured for QuickBooks.
- You are trying to open a portable file without having QuickBooks open.
- Maybe you are working on a file which is situated on USB flash drive.
- QuickBooks detects the damage in your company file at the time of installation of Quickbooks.
How to resolve QuickBooks error code 80070057?
Follow the below steps and fix this issue:
Solution 1: Verify the company file name extension
- Right-click the company file.
- Choose properties.
- Click the QuickBooks tab.
- Note the file extension in the Filename field and QuickBooks version in the last opened with a file.
- Finally, click on OK.
Change the Extension
- Create a new folder.
- Copy the company file and paste it into a new folder.
- Now, Right-click on the new folder and choose Rename.
- Change the file extension to .qbm
- To save changes click anywhere.
- Next, Restore the Portable by opening QuickBooks Desktop.
- If you are facing problem while opening QuickBooks, rename the extension to .qbb
- Open QB desktop and Restore the Backup.
- If the file does not open, rename the extension to .qbx
- Now, Open QB Convert to an Accounting copy.
Copy the company file and paste it into another folder in Flash drive
- Open the Windows Explorer with opening QuickBooks Desktop.
- Go to the “File” option, Right-click and select the New Folder.
- Now, Copy the “Companyfile.QBW” from Flash drive and paste it in a new folder.
- Finally, open QuickBooks Desktop and open a new folder.
Solution 2: Handle clean installation of QuickBooks Desktop.
Perform clean install during Uninstall and reinstall QuickBooks Desktop.
Solution 3: If Converting files from Mac to Windows
Use the Back-Up option in Windows function to convert QB from Mac to Windows.
Solution 4: Download and also run the QuickBooks file Doctor in your system.
Solution 5: Configure BitDefender to permit QuickBooks Desktop Communication
- First of all, go to the BitDefender 10.0 main menu and then select Antivirus.
- After that, choose Custom Level.
- Choose to Exclude path from the scan.
- After that, Select the New item
- Finally, choose the mapped drive or UNC path that is used to browse to the company file. Like as “Q:\”
If above solution not works, then you should call 1(855)441-4417 to get the instant solution of your issues. Our QuickBooks Proadvisor are 24/7 available for the user and we provide the quality service to every query or issue.