If you have come here to find solutions for various QuickBooks Online login problems, then you are at right place. There are many sign-in problems which any user can face while visiting the Intuit QBO official website (www.qbo.intuit.com/login). We will talk about most common of them, the reason behind their occurrence & possible fixes for them. You will also find the login URL of various Intuit products & services. So this is your one-stop destination for all your QBO sign in queries. Just read it till last.
- Various reasons behind www.qbo.intuit.login sign in problems:
- How To Fix Quickbooks Online Login Problem With Chrome
- QuickBooks Online Login Error 504 ‘Gateway time-out’
- Fix “Oops, Something Went Wrong” Error appears while QuickBooks Online Sign In
- QuickBooks can’t log in, Get Spinning Circle on Screen
- How to Update your Bank account sign-in Information?
- Fix QuickBooks Online Banking Error 103
- Frequently Asked Questions (QBO Intuit login)
Sometimes the issues may be associated with the browser (Chrome, Mozilla, Safari, etc) or sometimes the problem is with QuickBooks itself. You can check the status by visiting this link to make sure the problem is from your end.
There may be various reasons why you are unable to login. Sometimes the website is down, apps not working, facing difficulties while sign in, incorrect credentials, etc. Sometimes you may get the slow speed due to different issues that maybe with your web browser (Google Chrome, Mozilla, Safari, etc.) or QuickBooks Online itself.
Whatever the case is, in this blog, we will discuss major cases of qbo sign in issues & their best possible solutions.
Various reasons behind www.qbo.intuit.login sign in problems:
These are the possible factors that may cause error in Intuit QBO login.
- Someone else is login on to another location with your account credentials.
- You didn’t sign out properly from the previous QBO session.
- Sometime antivirus & other firewall applications may can also be the main reason behind this issue. They sometimes block you from accessing the QBO.
- There might be an issue with Intuit itself, check for the status of the website by visiting https://status.quickbooks.intuit.com/.
- The login issue may also be caused by old history or cache as they may slow down the performance of Google Chrome & any other browser you are using.
How To Fix Quickbooks Online Login Problem With Chrome
QuickBooks Online is very user-friendly accounting software, and also well-compatible with all browsers like chrome, firefox, internet explorer, etc. But sometimes it usually creates a login problem with chrome and this is a very common problem with QuickBooks Online. QBO login problem with chrome. By following these steps you can easily sol out this sign-in problem by yourself.
Quickbooks Online Sign-in Problem with Google Chrome
There can be several causes for the appearance of online login errors.
When you face login problems you can see the following screen message on your desktop screen
Sometimes you can see a variety of problems with Chromebook when you log in to QuickBooks Online. There may be several reasons behind the error & login issues can be of different types.
- Your computer screen shows a “loading” message or small circle continuously spins on your web browser but does not load anything.
- The services are not available- error message displays on your screen.
- The sign-in screen and screen can appear in a loop to select my company.
- Another blank or black screen may appear after logging into QuickBooks Online
- QuickBooks is not responding online after you log into your account.
- Another case could be that Chrome is unable to load the QuickBooks online login page
- The unexpected failure of Google Chrome when opening QuickBooks online may be one such case
The main reason behind QBO login issue on Chrome
- This type of problem can be seen when the user does not properly sign out of the previous QuickBooks online session.
- If a person logs into QuickBooks Online with the same credit and any other system.
- Eventually, this error can be seen when a firewall or antivirus blocks access.
Solutions to Fix the QBO login issues on Chrome
Solution 1: Try to sign-in with any other web browser
For the first step, you should try using another web browser. Sometimes it happens that your Chrome browser is not well configured and causes problems. Because of this, you cannot log in using Chrome. To access your QuickBooks online you can try Internet Explorer, Safari, or Mozilla Firefox browser.
Solution 2: Use Chrome Browser in Private/Incognito window
While encountering a login problem with Chrome, you can also try logging into QuickBooks in Chrome in incognito mode. When you use Chrome in incognito mode, you can browse the Internet without recording it and your online activities do not appear in history. Also, using QuickBooks Online on Chrome in incognito mode is as easy as using in normal mode.
Steps to open Private/incognito mode in Chrome
- Simply open google chrome and press ctrl+shift+N simultaneously to open a private window.
- Another method: Open Google Chrome, and navigate three vertical dots on the right top corner and click on it.later select the “new incognito window” option.
Solution 3: Add an additional user to Chrome
If the earlier discussed solutions do not work, we advise you to add a new user to Chrome and then try to login to QBO. the steps to create a new user are as follows:
- Open the Google Chrome browser and go to the vertical three dots on the right side of your screen and look for the Settings tab.
- In settings, look for the user’s option.
- Now select Add New User option.
- Choose an icon, enter the user name, skip the create a desktop shortcut, and press the “Create” option.
- After creating you will see the new user chrome icon will show on the top left corner of your chrome home page. You can easily switch your user by clicking on it.
Solution 4: Clear all history and cache data
This is a very easy method and various concerns can be fixed by clearing the history/cache. Clearing old history or cache can be helpful, as they may be the reason behind the slow performance of online QuickBooks.
- First, go to the Customize and Control Google Chrome symbol on the top right corner of your screen and choose Settings.
- Choose the History tab and look for the Clear browsing data option and click on it.
- Now after clicking on clear browsing data, you got various options on your screen.
- Tick the relevant box and clear cookies, cached images and files, and other sites and also plug-in data.
Advanced Steps to Fix QuickBooks Login issues with Chrome
Step1: Verify the SSL settings of the Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox
For Internet Explorer:
- First, open run box by pressing Windows + R key simultaneously, and then type “inetcpl.cpl“, and click on OK.
- Now, the Internet properties window will open up on your screen and look for the “Advanced tab“
- Navigate, the“SSL 2.0 and SSL 3.0” under settings drop-down list and give a checkmark on both options & turned on later press “OK” option.
- At last, open your browser and try to sign in to QBO.
For Mozilla Firefox
- First, launch the “Mozilla Firefox“ browser.
- Enter config in the address bar and press Enter.
- Once done with it, the user should write TLS in the search bar.
- The names shown followed by double-clicking “tls.version.min”.
- The next step of the process is to type the integer value according to the TLS / SSL version to be enabled.
- Now click on “OK” option.
- At last, “close the browser” and reopen and sign in to QBO.
Step 2: Verify and change the additional privacy settings
- Here, the user requires to assure that the privacy settings should be set to Medium or Low.
- And after, need to allow access manually to the qbo.intuit.com.
- later, allow cookies.
- At last, quit all the browsers and re-login.
To check security settings for Internet Explorer
- First, open run box by pressing Windows + R key simultaneously, and then type “inetcpl.cpl“, and click on OK.
- The next step of the process is to open the Advanced tab, succeeded by scrolling to the Security option.
- At last un-mark the Do Not Save encrypted pages.
I hope the above method helps. However, if none of the solutions helps you login successfully, it is advised to switch to another supported browser, you can also examine the settings of your web browser. You can also directly contact QuickBooks technical support by dialing +1-855-441-4417 and get instant support from our Intuit certified ProAdvisor.
QuickBooks Online Login Error 504 ‘Gateway time-out’
The 504 Gateway timeout error happens due to the server is taking too long to load the website hence the ‘time-out’ message appears. There could be nothing wrong with the computer since the problem is between the server and the internet.
Still here are the few things you can try yourself to solve 504 error.
- There could be a possibility that the error is temporary so you can try to refresh the webpage a few times by pressing F5 or from the URL.
- Try to restart all network devices like modem, router connected to the computer.
- Check if anyone doesn’t tamper the proxy setting of the browser. You need to set these settings to default.
- Check if the DNS server you are using is correct or not. Although your Internet Service Provider must have configured it right.
- Contact your ISP(Internet Service Provider)and discuss the 504 gateway timeout error you are facing.
If any of the above troubleshooting doesn’t work then this error is definitely occurring due to some issue in the website server and most probably they must be aware of the situation and trying to fix it.
Fix “Oops, Something Went Wrong” Error appears while QuickBooks Online Sign In
Sometimes during QuickBooks Online login, you received a message says “Oops, Something Went Wrong” even though you provided correct username and password.
This situation can arise due to a third party extension known as “IBM Security Trusteer Rapport”. The objective of this extension is to secure the financial data from the malware. But sometimes it obstructs the QuickBook Online login procedure.
If you want to login QBO then you have to disable this extension. For this, you need to follow the below steps.
- Firstly, click on the three dots at the top right corner.
- Then select More Tools and after that click on the Extensions.
- Here in the search bar type ‘Security Trusteer Rapport’ and disable it.
You can also use Google Chrome in the Incognito Mode to login QuickBooks Online if you don’t want to disable the extension.
NOTE: Before performing the above method make sure to update both browser and the extension and check whether you can sign in or not.
QuickBooks can’t log in, Get Spinning Circle on Screen
Sometimes we face some strange issues like QBO can’t log in, Get Spinning Circle on Screen that is really very irritating while working.
Solutions to Intuit QBO login issues
Solution 1: Follow these steps to fix this issue:
First, try to use a separate browser or incognito window to log in to your account to isolate the problem. Later, remove the browser cache that you are currently using.
How to open an incognito window:
- Press ctrl+shift+N simultaneously for Google Chrome.
- press Ctrl+Shift+P for Internet Explorer or Firefox.
- Press Command+Shift+N at the same time for the safari
Now remove all the cache data and temporary files of your browser. Hope this will fix the spinning issue.
If above solution is not working then try with this solution.
Solution 2: Follow these steps:
- Reboot your system for a while. This helps to refresh the system background processes that are causing the sign-in issues.
- Review your privacy settings on your browser. Fix it to medium or lower, and give them access to https://qbo.intuit.com. Close and reopen the browser after adjusting your settings and try to access your QuickBooks.
- If it is also not working, then you need to re-install your QuickBooks Desktop. And try to login again.
In case, after trying all the above solutions you are facing the same spinning login issue then we will advise you to contact customer care.
Steps to contact customer care:
For QuickBooks Desktop:
- Open the QB Desktop app and choose Help at the top menu.
- Choose Contact us.
- Insert all the required information and pick how you need to reach them.
For QuickBooks Self-Employed
- On the upper-right hand corner, choose Assistant
- Insert in “Talk to a human”, and push Enter.
- After again use the same keyword (Talk to a human) when if required.
- Select I still need a human.
- Decide a choice between Message an agent and get a callback.
Recommended reading: How to fix QuickBooks Self-Employed login issues.
For QuickBooks Online
- First look for the Help menu and choose Contact Us.
- Mention your issue there, and select Let’s talk.
- Here also you need to choose one option between Chat or Get a callback.
How to Update your Bank account sign-in Information?
If you have recently updated the Bank Sign-in credentials(Username and Password) in your bank or financial institution website then you also need to update the bank login information in the QuickBooks otherwise, you may have to face some issues.
- Go to the left-side panel and select ‘Banking’.
- Select the bank account you want to update. Then click on ‘Update’.
- QuickBooks will try to log into your bank account automatically. After that two conditions may come up.
- Banking Error 103: Here you select ‘Reconnect My Account’ and log in with the new username and password.
- No Error: Here click on the pencil icon next to Bank name. Then, click on Edit Sign-in Information. Enter the new bank login credentials and then select ‘Save and continue’.
- After that, you’ll see a confirmation page once QuickBooks will confirm the provided information with the bank.
Fix QuickBooks Online Banking Error 103
QuickBooks Banking error 103 occurs due to incorrect bank login credentials. That means your bank sign information you provided in QuickBooks Online doesn’t match with the bank website.
To fix banking error 103 you need to update the login information.
Fix Error 103 for existing bank connection
If you recently updated your bank login credentials then you need to update the info in QuickBooks Online.
- From the left-side panel select the ‘Banking’ option.
- Find the account for which the error arises and click on the pencil icon.
- Then edit your Sign-in information.
- Fill the new login credentials and select ‘Update’.
Fix Error 103 for New bank connection
For the new bank connection, the reason behind error 103 could be the different Bank name.
- Go to ‘Banking’ and then select the ‘Add account’ option.
- To find your bank, enter the bank URL in the search field.
- From the list, select your bank account.
(NOTE: You may find multiple options for the same bank. Therefore, you need to repeat the process until you find the match.)
- After that, you’ll be redirected to the bank website where you need to enter the bank sign-in information.
Enable Third-party access for QuickBooks
There are only a few banks that use this feature. To link the bank account you need to give access to the QuickBooks from the Bank website.
- Visit your bank website.
- Sign-in with that account credentials you want to link to QuickBooks.
- Then, select the User Profile and login QuickBooks online company profile.
You need to restart once QuickBooks Online after completing the process.
Frequently Asked Questions (QBO Intuit login)
What to do if I forgot my QuickBooks user ID?
- In the Sign-in page, click on ‘I forgot my user ID or password’.
- Enter your Intuit’s registered phone number and email address.
- QuickBooks will send you an email on your Email ID.
- Open the mailbox and follow the link to reset the user ID.
NOTE: Check your spam box if you can’t find the mail or request again after some time.
I forgot my QuickBooks login Password, how to recover?
- Select ‘I forgot my user ID or password’ on the Sign-in window.
- Enter registered Email ID and Phone number.
- QuickBooks will send you a link for resetting the password. Use the link to reset the password.
NOTE: The password reset link will be valid only for the next 24 hours.
I can’t log in QuickBooks after I reset the password, what to do?
This is because your old password is still saved in the browser cookies and site data. Try to enter the new password manually or clear old data and for that.
- Go to Settings<Advanced<Site settings<Cookies and site data.
- Type ‘Intuit’ in the search bar to find Intuit data.
- Then remove data and restart the browser.
Why am I asked to reset my password every time I log in to QuickBooks?
This actually happens when your browser auto-fills your old user ID and password. To retrieve the code follow the below steps.
- Sign-in to QuickBooks by entering user ID and password manually.
- Once you logged into QuickBooks go to My Account and then Account Settings.
- Open Profile and then verify QuickBooks ID.
Why QuickBooks asks for the confirmation code after I Sign-in?
This extra layer of security called Intuit’s Multi-factor Authentication (MFA) for increasing the security and privacy of the user account. You’ll need a one-time confirmation code every time you change QuickBooks sign-in information.
- First, select how’d you like to get confirmation code, either from the registered Email address or phone number.
- Check your mailbox or spam folder for the confirmation code.
- If you didn’t get one then click on generate another code.
What if I don’t have QuickBooks login credentials?
- Go to the sign-in page, click on Don’t have Intuit login?
- From the contact list choose your name and then enter the Email address & phone number.
- If there is an account already created with this Email then you can’t create another. But you can have your user ID and password reset.
- Contact Intuit if your contact information doesn’t match.
I was invited to QuickBooks but I can’t sign in. Why?
In the invitation, you’ll either get a user ID from which you can sign in directly or a link to create a new user ID then you’ll be able to sign-in.
Why can’t I sign-in to Intuit CAMPS?
To sign in to CAMPs, you need the email address that is registered with the product. It is not necessary that the email address will be the same which you use to login to company files.
If the email is not connected with the Intuit then an Intuit will automatically create an account for you. You’ll only need to claim it from Intuit CAMPs official website. Or you could also try the following method.
- Go to the Sign-in page and click on I forgot my user ID & password.
- In the next window, enter the registered Email address, phone number, and user ID.
- You’ll receive an Email from Intuit with a password reset link. Click on the link and follow on-screen instructions to access the account.
When you load any one of the websites on your computer with the Chrome web browser and you’re incapable to sign into any websites, it can be a problematic circumstance.
For this type of problem, you could check the web browser’s settings, and make certain that there is not any type of problems linked to Chrome.
These given details are the best solution for all QuickBooks Online login issues. If you are still troubling with QBO sign in problems than you can try dialing our toll-free number +1-855-441-4417. Our support team is always there to assist you.