How to Identify, Prevent and fix QuickBooks Corrupted Company File
- Last Updated on: October 25th, 2017
- Posted by: admin
- Category: QuickBooks Support
QuickBooks Desktop Company File
QuickBooks is the one most useful software for the all small business. It is used for the business payment, managing bill, and tax-related function. QB manages all your business financial activity with a great ease.
If you are using QuickBooks for a time then you must be aware of company file. In today’s article we are discussing how to identify a corrupted company file, the reason behind this, also the prevention and how to fix it.
If you were searching an article for how to repair QuickBooks company file then this one is for you. We will suggest that if you are a newbie or uncomfortable to handle it yourself, you should consider availing our QuickBooks customer services. You can talk to our expert by dialling our support phone number +1-855-441-4417.
Check whether your company file is corrupted or not?
It is a fact that you must accept any problem before solving it. To make sure whether your file is corrupted or not, follow the step mentioned below. We are describing some of the things which might occur if you are a victim of a corrupt company file.
- Sudden shutdown the QB software because of some human errors
- Missing the Transaction list from the software
- Unpaid bill and invoice are shown as paid in the balance sheet
- Fault occurs in the balance sheet while auditing
- Transaction history shows the negative balance
To identify any errors you have to keep a close eye on your software. Any unusual activity or strange data behavior is enough to get you identify the main problem.
Why does my company file get corrupted? What is the reason behind it?
Before you move towards the solving process. You must know the main reason behind this occurrence.Â This will help you identify the prevention step for the same. This will also be handy in fixing this error. Here we are describing some of the reason for the data damage.
- Overtime working on QB
- If your RAM doesn’t automatically correct the problems and RAM having very less memory
- Sudden power off the QB without saving data if you close it may current the data
- Virus attack and unwanted users virus are very dangers they will erase the database
- Some problems on cable, internet and hard disk
- Improper shutdown of the system directly off the main switch which causes the corrupt data
These are some common region are occurs while using the QB other than this you can get some small technical errors also because of some human errors And unwanted users. Above we have mentioned some of the causes of data damage. But still, we can’t discover all of the causes for QuickBooks database corruption.
How to prevent the QuickBooks corrupt files:
Saving your data is always a good practice in every stream. Because once if we lose data and files it is very difficult to gain again. We must be aware of this well-known quote: Prevention is better than cure. This also applies here but not completely. You can’t be sure that you will completely be able to prevent this data damage. But at least follow the step described below to take some preventive steps.
- Save the data backup in different location and different database
- Avoid from virus-like malicious files and threats
- Try to avoid that corrupt the files
- And reduce the third party users and tools
How to fix QuickBooks corrupted file:
- Open the data files and log-in as administrator
- Select single user mode
- Click on File -> Utilities -> Verify Data.
Important: Time taken to complete the above step can vary. If the process is time taking, you can follow the step mentioned below.
- From the server make a local copy of the data file.
- You must enable temporaryÂ hosting on the machine if required. After that open the file with administrator login.
- Click on File-> Utilities -> Rebuild Data.
- Copy and open the file and login as administrator.
Important: Complete rebuild will take even more time. Donâ€™t interrupt the system in the middle of the process.
Once if the rebuild is complete then save the copy of the file on local machine and the and save data in different name
We hope that you have understood it well to fix your corrupted QB file. However, if you still have any question in mind, you are most welcome to contact our QuickBooks Enterprise support team. You just need to dial our support phone number 1(855) 441-4417. We have a complete team of expert and professional who take care of all your queries. They will remotely solve your entire problem.