Want to fix QuickBooks payroll errors, problems & mistakes? The solution is in this article, While using QuickBooks accounting features; several situations may arise when you face common QuickBooks payroll error, issues & problems. They mostly occur, when users try to update QB Payroll, QuickBooks tax table update, try to set an employee up for a child support deduction, try to pay employees, etc. We have provided solutions for all such errors. So, go through the article and rsolve the errors. You can also dial our toll-free number +1-844-405-0904 to get help from experts.
QuickBooks Payroll is one of the most loved and useful accounting payroll services for businesses. It’s so many helpful features that help you in simplifying the business. The best thing about it is you can pay your employees very easily. In this article, we will discuss some of the most common QuickBooks payroll errors.
The following conditions can be a reason for these errors:
- A tax table file in the Payroll folder is damaged.
- You have not registered your QuickBooks software.
- Your billing information is incorrect.
- The QuickBooks company file is damaged.
- When your QuickBooks Payroll is updated to the latest version.
- Due to Invalid Employer Identification Number (EIN).
Here a list of most common QuickBooks Payroll Errors-
- QuickBooks Payroll Error PS077
- QuickBooks Payroll Error PS107
- QB Payroll Error PS058
- QuickBooks Payroll Error PS032
- QB Payroll Error PS077
- QuickBooks Payroll Error 15240
- QuickBooks Payroll Error PS033: User is unable to download the latest payroll update.
Solutions to Fix Common QuickBooks Payroll Error
To resolve these errors, perform the following steps carefully. You may not need to complete all of them to fix the problem.
Solution 1: Run a repair on QuickBooks
- First of all click on the Start button and select Control Panel.
- Then, Double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- Select the QuickBooks program, and then click Change/Remove.
- Click Next, in the QuickBooks Installation window.
- Select Repair, click Next, and then click Repair, in the QuickBooks Maintenance window.
- Click Finish, in the QuickBooks Maintenance Complete window.
Solution 2: If the first step is not working then uninstall and reinstall QuickBooks.
- First, click on the Windows Start icon and then select the Control Panel option.
- Then, under Programs, click on the Uninstall a Program option.
- After that, select the desired QuickBooks Payroll program that you want to uninstall.
- Then, click on the Uninstall/Change option. It might take some time to uninstall the program.
- Once the uninstallation is finished, reboot the system.
- Reinstall the QuickBooks Payroll software.
Solution 3: Manually remove the following QuickBooks installation folders:
- C:\Program Files\Intuit
- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intuit
- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Intuit
- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Common Files\Intuit
- and C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents (Shared Documents)\Intuit
Solution 4: Rename CPS Folder in the System
- Before proceeding to the further step, first you need to update the QuickBooks Payroll Tax Table.
- Then, you have to check whether the error is resolved or not. If the error still persists, then we recommend you follow the further steps.
- Open My Computer and then go to the Local Drive C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks 20XX\Components\Payroll\CPS.
- Here XX denotes the year of your QuickBooks version like QuickBooks 2019, QuickBooks 2018, etc.
- Then, you need to rename the CPS folder to “CPSOLD“. And check whether the error is resolved or not.
- Update the QuickBooks Payroll Tax Table again and check if the issue is fixed or not.
If the error is still occurring then follow the next troubleshooting step.
Solution 5: Disable User Account Control (UAC)
Follow the steps below to change UAC settings in Windows 10, 8.1, 8, and 7.
- Press and hold Windows + R on the keyboard. This will lead to opening in the Windows Run program.
- In this window, type Control Panel and then click on OK.
- Here, click on the User Accounts and then select User Account (Classic View) option.
- After that, go to the Change user account control settings option and then select the Never Notify option.
The Bottom Line
I hope these two solutions would have solved your problem. If your issue persists: Dial +1-844-405-0904 to get immediate help. You will be connected to one of our QuickBooks ProAdvisor who will simplify your problem and resolve it.