QuickBooks is aborting repeatedly, and losing its connection? And are you worried about its solution? Don’t worry, we will help you to get back the QuickBooks as before it was. Here in this article, we will discuss, what does it mean, why the QuickBooks connection has been lost message is showing, and what are the solutions to fix it. During that time, you can contact the experts through the toll-free number +1-844-405-0904 for instant QuickBooks error support.
What is QuickBooks Abort Error?
Sometimes QuickBooks is unable to save changes and creates obstacles in accessing the company files. During this process, the QBWUSER.ini file got damaged. And shows the abort message “The connection to the company file has been lost. QuickBooks must close immediately. Any unsaved data will need to be re-entered”. QuickBooks asks to abort the running process and restart QuickBooks to continue.
Why QuickBooks is Aborting
QuickBooks unexpectedly stops with the abort error. It can occur due to various reasons. Here’s a list of the main root causes for abort error. Have a look;
- If the QBWUSER.INI file is damaged or missed, it displays the abort error.
- A corrupted hard drive creates a storage issue and stops you to save changes in QuickBooks.
- Pending update of QuickBooks for the latest version or damage in the Windows operating system.
- When the firewall and antivirus installed in your system clash with QuickBooks, it displays the abort error.
- When Multiple computers host the QuickBooks company file.
- If Sleep or hibernation mode is turned on while the system is saving the company file. Interruption in saving the file can cause an abort error.
- If you are logged in as a guest account, you don’t have administrative rights. This arises in abort error.
- The program file getting damaged.
Symptoms & Signs, Shown By QuickBooks Abort Error
Abort error shows some symptoms while working with QuickBooks. Here are some symptoms listed below;
- Your QuickBooks software shows the error while opening, or shut down frequently with unrecoverable QuickBooks error.
- Your system is randomly crashing.
- Suddenly QuickBooks stops working and an abort message shows on the screen.
- Especially in Windows 8, QuickBooks desktop gets terminated.
- QuickBooks freezes and closes all the programs.
How to Fix QuickBooks Abort Error
Before resolving the error you need to make sure about two things. You should check your network connection to the data file from the server and check the hosting status of QuickBooks on your computer is correct in a multi-user environment.
For resolving follow the steps below.
- Go to the QuickBooks application and move to the File tab.
- Click on the utility tab.
- Now, choose to Stop Hosting Multi-user Access.
It is necessary to configure Windows Firewall to work well with QuickBooks Desktop. Because Firewall can block network access as well as block access to many QuickBooks programs or files.
This Configuration has to be done on the host computers as well as on the server computer.
- Open the company data file in multi-user mode.
- Check if the checkmark in the box labeled “Open file in multi-user mode” and “multi-user network issues” are enabled, you can run the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool.
Note: Make sure that QuickBooks Desktop has been updated to the latest release and that the windows regional settings have to be set to the United States locale. It’s very important that the usages of regional settings are correct.
Let’s explain some ways to resolve this error. Follow the steps to fix the abort error.
Solution 1: Download QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool
Download and install the QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool. This tool examines and highlights damaged Windows elements and also helps to fixes problems.
- Download the QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool From the intuit official website.
- Save the tool in the location where you want.
- After completion of the downloading process, open it.
- Proceed by agreeing on the Terms and Conditions.
- Once the process is completed, restart the system.
Solution 2: Disable Antivirus Application
Antivirus software is intended to tackle the security threats to your system and also, involuntarily they sometimes block some programs from running on your system. Follow the steps to disable antivirus and another security program.
- Restart your system.
- Go to the Control Panel and disable your antivirus.
- Open QuickBooks and check if the issue still persists.
Solution 3: Rename QBWUSER.ini file
Damaged or missed QBWUSER.ini file arise the abort error. This issue can easily fix by renaming the file. Follow the instructions to do so.
- Open Windows File Explorer and go to the C Drive.
- Go to the path- User > Your user name > App data > Local > Intuit > QuickBooks(year).
- Right-click on QBWUSER.ini and select Rename.
- Add .old at the end of the file name and hit Enter.
- Rename the EntitlementDataStore.ecml file from the same folder.
- Try to open any file. If the other file opens properly and you still can not open your company file, copy that file to a separate folder and try opening it from there.
Solution 4: Restore QuickBooks from the Backup
If all of the above steps fail for you, restore QuickBooks from your system’s backup. Create an administrator user for your Windows. This will help you to fix the abort error. Check if the error still persists, and move to the next way to resolve it.
Solution 5: Install QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
The abort error can be fixed by installing QuickBooks File Doctor Tool. Follow the given procedure to install it properly.
- Download the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool and save it on your system.
- Open the saved file and install it.
- After launching the tool, if it shows No error detected then the files are in good condition.
- If it shows Error detected, repair the file and restore the backup.
Solution 6: Repair QuickBooks
Repairing QuickBooks is another way to fix abort errors. Follow the steps to repair QuickBooks.
- Close The QuickBooks application and other programs.
- Open the Task Manager of your system.
- Select the programs related to QuickBooks.
- Click on the End Task. In the end, run the Repair QuickBooks.
Hope these solutions will be helpful to you, but if you still need any technical assistance then feel free to call us on our toll-free+1-844-405-0904 and get instant help from our expert team of certified QuickBooks ProAdvisor.
Solution 7: Configure windows firewall manually
If you don’t find any method helpful then you can try another method where you have to configure firewall settings manually. For this, you have to follow the given instructions.
- Firstly open the windows start menu.
- Then from the start menu, you have to search the windows firewall and then open it.
- After that, you have to click on the advanced settings.
- After that, you have to right-click on the inbound rules and after that, you have to select the new rule option.
- After doing the above steps you have to choose the port accordingly and then click on the next button.
- Make sure you have selected the TCP.
- Now you can see the option All local port and specific local port, you have to select the specific local port and enter that port that is required by QuickBooks and then click on next after entering the local port.
- Then you have to select Allow the connection and then click on the next button.
- Make sure that all the profiles are marked.
- Now you are on the last step where you have to make the rule and complete the process by naming and then clicking on the Finish tab.