QuickBooks Abort Error: How to Fix & Resolve
- Last Updated on: December 1st, 2018
- Posted by: admin
- Category: QuickBooks Error
As you all know that QuickBooks is an Accounting Software, And like any other software you may also face some technical error while using it, here in this blog, we will Discuss an error faced by some of our users called QuickBooks abort error. Also, we provide the best solution to fix it. If you feel or think that you are not able to fix this error on your own, you can contact our QuickBooks support number at +1-855-441-4417. Our Intuit certified ProAdvisor will provide you world best assistance.
What is QuickBooks Abort Error?
QB suddenly aborts and unable to change and proceed in company file when a process is going on. By this process, QBWUSER.ini files will be damaged.
Causes of Abort Error in QuickBooks:
QuickBooks abort error occurred due to various reasons. Suddenly its stop working and an abort message comes on the screen. Some of these are a damaged or missing a QBWUSER.INI file. Some of these are corrupted hard drive, program files getting damaged.
Below we share the multiple reasons for the occurrence of QuickBooks abort error:
- This error occurs when damaged or missing QBWUSER.INI files, hardware issues or a damaged Windows.
- Corrupted hard drive.
- Program files getting damaged.
- Some pending Update of QuickBooks for the latest version or some kind of damage to the Windows operating system.
- This error occurs when a firewall and Antivirus installed in your system clashing with the QuickBooks processes and making QuickBooks abort its current task.
- Configurations of different versions of QuickBooks clashing within a more than one user setup.
This error occurs when multiple computers hosting the QuickBooks company file.
- The computer is saving the company files and that time sleep or hibernation mode is turned on.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Abort error:
- If your QuickBooks software shows the error when open, or is shutting down frequently with unrecoverable QuickBooks error.
- your system is randomly crashing.
- Suddenly its stop working and an abort message comes on the screen.
- you can see QuickBooks gets terminated from windows 8.
- Your system is being shut down frequently without receiving any error messages.
How to resolve QuickBooks Abort error?:
QuickBooks Desktop needs the proper and continuous network connection to the data file from the server. you need to check the hosting status of QuickBooks on your computer, In a multi-user environment.
For resolving you have to Follow the steps below:
- Click on File option.
- Select Utilities.
- Now, Choose Stop Hosting Multi-User Access.
It is equally necessary to Configuring Windows Firewall to work well with QuickBooks Desktop. Because Firewall can block the network access which in turn will block access to many QuickBooks programs or files.
This Configuration has to be done on the host computers as well as on the server computer.
- Now Open the company data file in multi-user mode after that.
- See if the check mark in the box labeled -“Open file in multi-user mode” is there. Also, for multi-user network issues, You can run the QuickBooks File Doctor too.
Note: Make sure that QuickBooks Desktop has been updated to the latest release and the windows regional settings have to be set to United States locale. It’s very important that usages regional settings are correct.
Let’s explain some few ways to resolve this error specific to the Windows operating system. you can follow these steps on your own. But taking help from an expert is advisable.
⇨ QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
The first thing you have to do that download the QB Diagnostic tool. And then run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool. The help of this tool you can check and repair damage window components.
⇨ Reboot and then disabling your antivirus program temporarily
- Reboot your computer.
- After that opening QuickBooks Desktop.
- if the error is still there, disable antivirus temporarily.
⇨ Rename the QBWUSER.ini file
- Rename the QBWUSER.ini file. Note: You will have to manually do it again, the renaming erases the last list of files opened.
- Make sure that folder is not visible. Enable the hidden files and folders, where the QBWUSER.ini is saved. Location: \Users\[Your user name]\AppData\Local\Intuit\QuickBooks [year]
- Right-click on QBWUSER.ini and select Rename.
- You have to Add .old at the end of the file name- like for example, QBWUSER.ini.old.
- Re-named the EntitlementDataStore.ecml file.
- After renaming both files QBWUSER.ini or EntitlementDataStore.ecml, now, try to open any company file. If the other file open properly and you still can not open your own company file.
- Copy that file to a separate folder and try opening it from there. It should preferably be a local folder rather than a network location.
Even after complete the process, if you still have a problem signing into your company file. the most probably it is damaged, so you have to restore an earlier backup of that file.
⇨ Reinstall and then clean install.
⇨ Create a new Windows Admin User.
If all these solutions also do not resolve the error or your QuickBooks not working properly. it is best to take help from our QuickBooks error support team. The proficient team there will help you instantly.