You receive an error code in the format: 00000 XXXXX. The error code changes, depending on what you are trying to do in Payroll and the version and release of QuickBooks used. They can appear as “Error: QuickBooks Payroll Setup – Error Code: XXXXX XXXXX” or “Unrecoverable Error: Error Code: XXXXX XXXXX.” The codes can range from 00000 00001 to 00000 99999. Read the complete article to resolve the issue in simple steps along with know the causes behind the error. for more info contact our QuickBooks ProAdvisor toll-free: +1-844-405-0904
Causes of This Unrecoverable Error or Payroll Setup Error
Generally, These errors occur when a file name in the Vendor or Employee Center, or on a timesheet, contains a special character or when there is a duplicate entry for an employee’s name.
- 00002 71328
- 00002 20123
- 00000 17002
- 00000 38049
- 00000 88579
- 00000 38772
- 00000 97340
- 00000 88703
- 00000 40370
- 00000 99867
- 00000 88703
- 00000 34289
How to Resolve Payroll Setup Error
- With the error message on your display, click the View Report link from the error window. Another window appears with a partial view of the failure’s details.
- Find and open the file in Internet Explorer by ReportHeader.xml double-clicking on the file name from the list in the window.
- If it does not open, record the location of the file ReportHeader.xml.
- With Windows Explorer, go to the location for the ReportHeader.xml file and open the file ReportHeader.xml by right-clicking and choosing Open in a new window in Internet Explorer.
- Hold down CTRL+ F on your keyboard to open the search box then type Exception String 0in the search box.
The statement after Exception String 0 in the report will indicate where the error is coming from and you should, therefore, make the necessary changes to correct it.
Here, we are going to show you some examples of the Exception String 0 reports and also how to resolve them.
Examlpe 1: <Name>Exception String 0</Name> <Value>System.ArgumetException: Item has already been added. Key in dictionary: “New York real estate research and education” Key being added: “New York real estate research and education” at System.Connections.SortedList.Add…</Value>
To Fix this error:
- Open QuickBooks and go to the top menu bar and then click on the Vendors option and then select the Vendor Centre.
- Here you need to find the vendor named as New York real estate research and education. It will be on the list at least twice.
- Once you find the vendor then you need to rename that vendor with a unique name so that every vendor has a different name.
- To rename the vendor, you need to double-click on the vendor name and then follow the on-screen instructions to save the changes that you made.
Example 2: <Name>Exception String 0</>Name> <Value>System.ArgumentException: Value does not fall within the expected range. at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridRangeInfo..ctor(Int32 top, Int32 left, Int32 bottom, Int32 right) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridRangeInfo.InternalCells(Int32 top, Int32 left, Int32 bottom, Int32 right)…</Value>
To Fix this Error:
This error occurs when the value of the payroll item is more than it should be. The difference of the amount could be from cents to dollars or the change could be in one of the payroll items or in the employee setup.
You can use the Payroll Checkup to find and update the item’s value that does not fall under the range easily.
Example 3: <Name>Exception String 0</Name> <Value>System.Exception: exception thrown in background thread —> System.ArgumentException: Item has already been added. Key in dictionary: ‘(unnamed employee)’ Key being added: ‘(unnamed employee)’ at System.Collections.SortedList.Add(Object key, Object value) at.
To Fix this Error:
This error is caused due to the duplicate employee’s name in the employee list. You need to rename the duplicate name if you want to fix this error and for this follow these steps.
- Open QuickBooks and then from the top menu bar, go to the Employees and then select the Employee Centre option.
- Then, in the View drop-down menu select the All Employees option. By this way, inactive employees will also be included in the list.
- In this list, you need to find and delete the duplicate name employees. To delete, right-click on the employee name and then select the Delete Employee option.
- If you are unable to delete the duplicate employee then it could be may be due to the linked payroll transactions and to fix this you need to move the transactions of the first employee listed with that name and then try to delete the other employee again.
- If there are no transactions for the duplicate employee then another reason could be that the Time Card Data may be corrupted. To fix this, go to Employees > Enter Time and then look if for any invalid entries.
Note: This error could also be caused due to the duplicate Payroll items in the payroll list. So, you also need to check the Payroll list and delete the duplicate items.
Example 4: System.Exception: exception thrown in background thread. System.ArgumentException; Item has already been added. Key in dictionary. “(unnamed employee)” “the specified special account exists already”
To Fix this Error:
This error is caused due when there are blank characters in the employee’s name in the Employee Centre. The character could be a space that is placed before the name or names of the employee. This could happen when you select the Print on Check as option while entering employee name.
- First, click on the Employees option from the top menu bar and then select the Employee Centre option.
- Then, from the View drop-down menu, select the All Employees option.
- Here, you need to review the name of all employees and look for any extra spaces. You may also need to manually enter the First and Last names of all the employees.
Example 5: System.IO.FileNotFoundException:Could not load file or assembly…
Errors: 00000 99867, 00000 88703, 00000 34289. Report Header: System.Exception: exception thrown in background thread —> System.ArgumentException: Value does not fall within the expected range.
To Fix Error 00000 99867
- It means that the State field was left blank in the Employee Setup. To fix this issue you either need to choose a valid state or select none.
To Fix Error 00000 88703
- It means in the Employee Setup window the First and Last name fields of the employee are left blank even though names are visible in the EE list. Enter the missing name to fix this error.
To Fix Error 00000 34289
- In the Employee Setup Screen, the employee has set a payroll item at a percentage even when the payroll item will not allow the percentage item. You need to change that item to the non-percentage to fix this error.
The Bottom Line
If Error Still persists then you Should Call our QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1-844-405-0904. This team will help you to fix all issues. You can contact us at any time because we are always ready to help our QuickBooks users. So feel free and call us and get instant support for your issues.