QuickBooks Error 1904 occurs when the system becomes unstable and critical system files start missing. These issues happen and will continue to happen if your computer doesn’t get maintenance frequently. The problem you’re facing currently should get fix instantly to avoid additional damage.
QuickBooks is one of the best accounting software for small businesses as well as medium size Business. The software ensures accurate management of your business finances. It has gained huge popularity for its unique and hassle-free way of keeping track of the incoming and outgoing flow of the case.
Related Article: Fix QuickBooks Banking Error 102- Wizxpert [A Complete Guide]
It’s not necessary that the user of this application posses a good knowledge of accounting, anyone can use either they are expert in accounting or not.
There are advanced features in this software in the medium size companies more than one user can use it this is known as multi-user mode. Hence using the QuickBooks company files with a network in the multi-user mode and at the time of restoring the backup, you can see this QuickBooks Error 1904. This error happened due to network connections with the host systems that are not responding or disrupted.
Causes of QuickBooks Install Error 1904
- Due to the low maintenance of the system, few internal programs get damaged or corrupted due to which 1904 errors occur in QuickBooks.
- Missing or Damaged Microsoft components like MSXML, Microsoft C++, and Microsoft .NET Framework.
- Windows or QuickBooks Desktop does not update to the latest version.
- Windows Installer is corrupted.
- There may be issues in the Harddrive of the system.
Points to Remember when you try to Solve QB Error 1904
- If you only have a QB Database manager this will not work, you must install the actual QuickBooks.exe as well.
- This is a Microsoft Windows error usually due to installation not being run as administrator.
- Double-check that QuickBooks.exe is installed on the server before installing Avalara Avatax.
- This can also be caused when you are trying to install the connector on a server that doesn’t have the actual QB.exe installed on it.
- Once you click OK on the error message, the installation will say that it was successfully completed.
- Navigate to AvaTax Configuration (File>AvaTax>Configuration)
- Run QuickBooks as Administrator
- Select Test Connection.
How to fix QuickBooks Error 1904
Following are a Few different ways to solve this error:
Common Fix of Error 1904 in QuickBooks Desktop
- Restart your computer.
- Download the QuickBooks repair utility.
- Press the Fix Repair button after the scan is complete.
- Install the program and click the Scan button.
Related article: QB Error 1904:  failed to register while installing. How to fix?
Manual Solution to Fix QuickBooks Install Error code 1904
- Restart your computer after the restoration is finished.
- Start the computer and log in as Administrator.
- Click the Next button in the confirmation window.
- Then select All Programs<Accessories<System Tools<finally<System Restore and Click the Start button.
- Choose the latest System Restore point from the displayed on this list, click a restore point list and then press next.
- Select Restore my computer to an earlier time option in the new window and then click Next.
Fix Error 1904 using QB Install Diagnostic Tool
- First, Uninstall the QuickBooks Desktop from the computer.
- After that, you need to rename all the QuickBooks and Intuit folders on your computer. Add OLD at the end of the name to make it different.
- Then, Download and install the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool from the official Intuit website.
- Finally, reinstall QuickBooks on the computer using QB diagnostic tool.
Few Things User could Try to Fix QuickBooks Error 1904 while Installing
- Make sure to disable antivirus or any other security software while you try to troubleshoot the QuickBooks error code 1904.
- Configure your internet bandwidth settings so you can download the installation sources accurately and then install the software properly.
- Disable the QuickBooks Multi-user mode while you try to resolve this error.
- Update the Windows on all the QuickBooks Multi-user computers.
- Update QuickBooks Desktop on the host computer as well as other multi-user computers.
The Bottom Line
We hope that you have got enough information about QB Error 1904 and we believe now you can easily solve this error. If you want to know anything more or have any questions similar to this. Feel free to contact our QuickBooks customer. Our team consists of Intuit certified technicians who can easily solve these kinds of errors instantly. If you want to have assistance call us on our helpline number +1-855-441-4417.