QuickBooks Error 1904 occurs when the system becomes unstable and critical system files start missing. These issues happen and will continue to happen if your computer doesn’t get maintenance frequently. The problem you’re facing currently should get fix instantly to avoid additional damage.
QuickBooks is one of the best accounting software for small businesses as well as medium size Business. The software ensures accurate management of your business finances. It has gained huge popularity for its unique and hassle-free way of keeping track of the incoming and outgoing flow of the case.
Related Article: Fix QuickBooks Banking Error 102- Wizxpert [A Complete Guide]
It’s not necessary that the user of this application posses a good knowledge of accounting, anyone can use either they are expert in accounting or not.
There are advanced features in this software in the medium size companies more than one user can use it this is known as multi-user mode. Hence using the QuickBooks company files with a network in the multi-user mode and at the time of restoring the backup, you can see this QuickBooks Error 1904. This error happened due to network connections with the host systems that are not responding or disrupted.
- Causes of QuickBooks Install Error 1904
- Points to Remember when you try to Solve QB Error 1904
- How to fix QuickBooks Error 1904
- Solution 1: Run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool from the QuickBooks Tool Hub
- Solution 2: Manually fix Windows components
- Solution 3: Change your Windows account settings
- The Bottom Line
Causes of QuickBooks Install Error 1904
- Due to the low maintenance of the system, few internal programs get damaged or corrupted due to which 1904 errors occur in QuickBooks.
- Missing or Damaged Microsoft components like MSXML, Microsoft C++, and Microsoft .NET Framework.
- Windows or QuickBooks Desktop does not update to the latest version.
- Windows Installer is corrupted.
- There may be issues in the Harddrive of the system.
Points to Remember when you try to Solve QB Error 1904
- If you only have a QB Database manager this will not work, you must install the actual QuickBooks.exe as well.
- This is a Microsoft Windows error usually due to installation not being run as administrator.
- Double-check that QuickBooks.exe is installed on the server before installing Avalara Avatax.
- This can also be caused when you are trying to install the connector on a server that doesn’t have the actual QB.exe installed on it.
- Once you click OK on the error message, the installation will say that it was successfully completed.
- Navigate to AvaTax Configuration (File>AvaTax>Configuration)
- Run QuickBooks as Administrator
- Select Test Connection.
How to fix QuickBooks Error 1904
Following are a Few different ways to solve this error:
Solution 1: Run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool from the QuickBooks Tool Hub
Step 1: Download and install the QuickBooks Tool Hub
The QuickBooks Tool Hub easily resolves common errors. For the most satisfying experience, we advised you to use Tool Hub on Windows 10, 64-bit.
- First, you need to close the QuickBooks.
- Next, you have to download the current version (126.96.36.199) of the QuickBooks Tool Hub. and save the executable file in the computer where you can quickly find it (such as your Downloads folder or your Windows desktop). Note: If in case you have already installed Tool Hub already, you can check out the version just by selecting the Home tab. The version will be shown on the bottom right or you can also choose About to view the version.
- Open the downloaded executable file (QuickBooksToolHub.exe).
- Go with the on-screen steps to install and agree to the terms and conditions.
- When the install completes, give a double-click on the icon on your Windows desktop to open the tool hub.
Note: If you are unable to find the icon, then go to the Windows search bar and enter the QuickBooks Tool Hub and click on the program to launch.
Step 2: From the Tool Hub, run the Quickbooks Install Diagnostic tool
The QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool will diagnose automatically and fix problems with Microsoft components the QuickBooks program uses.
- Go to the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Under the tools hub, click on the Installation Issues.
- Later, click on the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool. Let the tool in the running process. It will take a minimum of 20 minutes.
- When the tool completed the task, later restart your computer and open QuickBooks.
Now, check if you are able to open and work in QuickBooks, then it means everything is fixed. If you are still encountering the error 1904, proceed to Solution
Solution 2: Manually fix Windows components
If QBInstall and the update did not work you to resolve the error, you can fix particular Windows components by yourself.
But, we recommend you only perform these troubleshooting steps if you are an IT professional, confident Windows user, or working with the experts from Microsoft support.
Now, check if you are able to open and work in QuickBooks, then it means everything is fixed. If you are still encountering the error 1904, proceed to Solution 3.
Solution 3: Change your Windows account settings
Go to the Windows Administrator account and need to change some settings.
Switch to your Windows Administrator account
- First, go to the Windows Start menu.
- Later, enter the “CMD” into the search bar. When you see the CMD Run icon, in the options list, then give right-click on it and later click on Run as administrator.
- Now, on the command black window, you need to type “net user administrator /active:yes” in the command window and click on Enter. When the command is finished, then quit the command window.
- Again go to the Windows Start menu and click on sign out.
- Go to the account that says Administrator and try to log in. Here, you do not require a password to sign in.
Change your user permissions
- Go to the Windows Start menu.
- In the windows search bar, type “File Explorer” and launch File Explorer.
- Now, look for the C:\Program Files\Common Files.
- Later, give a right-click on the Common Files folder, and next click on Properties.
- Now, go to the Security tab, and then click on Edit.
- From the “Group or user names” section, click on Users.
- Next, go to the “Permissions for Users” section, turn on the following permissions: Modify, Read & execute.
- Click on Apply and next click on OK.
Reinstall QuickBooks and sign out
- Follow these steps if you want comprehensive guidance for installing QuickBooks Desktop. This shouldn’t affect any existing company file data.
- When the installation is completed, go to the Windows Start menu and sign out of the administrator account.
- Now, you need to log in with your usual user account.
- Later, go to the Windows Start menu.
- Enter “CMD” in the search. When you view the CMD Run icon, give a right-click on it and next click on the Run as administrator.
- Now, type “net user administrator /active:no” in the black command window and click on Enter. This will hide your administrator account.
If you can open QuickBooks with your regular account, it means you good to proceed.
The Bottom Line
We hope that you have got enough information about QB Error 1904 and we believe now you can easily solve this error. If you want to know anything more or have any questions similar to this. Feel free to contact our QuickBooks customer. Our team consists of Intuit certified technicians who can easily solve these kinds of errors instantly. If you want to have assistance call us on our helpline number +1-844-541-8444.