Are you looking for easy steps on how to access QuickBooks Database? The article here is to provide you the details about QuickBooks database and the easy steps to access it. As we know QuickBooks is leading accounting software that supports businesses to handle their fiscal accounts. It offers numerous versions of QuickBooks varying in functionality and usability. Go through the complete article to learn the detailed info. if you have any issue related to it contact us toll-free: +1-888-202-8743
It also allows you to use three relational database management systems that you can use according to your business needs. So here we will learn the type of QuickBooks Database and the steps on how to access QuickBooks Database.
Types of QuickBooks Database
Oracle is very adaptable to QuickBooks-compatible databases. Oracle is a perfect choice if your company has multiple accounts or performs a large number of transactions because Oracle Funnels returns data by a central tabular repository.
It determines that your database administrator or financial controller can determine user perquisites and also able to automate basic transaction methods. This relieves the need for additional data entry or unnecessary data storage.
In addition, your database administrator also able to encrypt your delicate data and also hide or display financial data to users on the basis of the “need to know” method.
If security standards at Oracle do not fit your needs or if you want more adaptability in terms of the variety of computers that your company uses with QuickBooks, MySQL may be the best option.
MySQL database provides you an extraordinary level of security and is almost impossible to hack. MYSQL database is compatible with more than twenty platforms like Windows, Linux, and Mac. It also allows you to work on cross-platform and high-level encryption.
Microsoft SQL is a great database for professionals who are working completely on Windows-based computers. MS SQL integrates smoothly with QuickBooks and enables you to manage numbers of records and transactions.
Alike Oracle, MS SQL, it also enables database administrators to allow recognition and control secrecy. MS SQL has a unique feature to automatically backup transactions instead of manually backup data.
12 Easy Steps to Access QuickBooks Database
Follow these exact 12 steps you want to know how to access QuickBooks Database.
- First Download and install QuickBooks.
- Now, create a ‘table in Microsoft Access’. This will allow you to use your ‘QuickBooks data files’ as a user in the corresponding session as the Access database.
- Go to the ‘File’ option and then select ‘New’.
- Choose the ‘Blank Database’ and the next select the ‘OK’ option.
- Now you can see the default database file name db 1 display in the box. Here you need to Edit and rename with a more appropriate name for eg: ‘QB link.mdb’.
- Later, save your file as the ‘Microsoft Access Database’ type.
- Choose “Create” and after select the ‘NEW’ option.
- Choose the link table by clicking on ‘OL’.
- Modify the ‘First of type’ list to the settings for the ‘ODBC Database’.
- After, choose the ‘QuickBooks related database service name’ Here, you can set up with the ODBC driver.
- These could be the names of one of our already established database services or the one you created.
- Choose one or more “QuickBooks tables” to “Add you Microsoft access project” and later choose “OK“.
We hope that with the guidance of the above-mentioned steps on how to access QuickBooks database you can easily access the QuickBooks database and if you still have any doubts or queries related to this topic or any other work, feel free to call our toll-free +1-888-202-8743 QuickBooks ProAdvisor Support Team for advice.