Having queries regarding QuickBooks ProAdvisor? Want to know what they do and how to become QuickBooks ProAdvisor? Read this full article, covering all aspects related to the QB ProAdvisor Program i.e. membership, training, certification, benefits, etc. Here you will get information related to training, certification, marketing tools, product support, software & services, and benefits of the certificate, and much more. So, go through the article to get all your queries resolved and stay with us. For any suggestion and help contact us toll-free: +1-844-405-0904
Who are QuickBooks ProAdvisors
QuickBooks ProAdvisors are basically an accountant, a bookkeeper, or a CPA who have passed a certification test taken by Intuit QuickBooks and offers you a variety of services such as accounting, bookkeeping, tax, and financial planning, along with the setup of QuickBooks, installation, customizations, error fixing, etc.
QuickBooks ProAdvisor provides the strategic tools after identifying the exact position of your business and helps you to achieve its highest position.
So QuickBooks ProAdvisor’s main aim is to support you to enhance your accounting management and to grow your business by using QuickBooks at its best.
QuickBooks ProAdvisor Program
The QuickBooks ProAdvisor Program is a complete process of becoming an Intuit certified ProAdvior. It empowers the accounting experts to help you to grow your business with their expert advice and guidance by providing the best tools and strategic methods that your business needs.
QuickBooks ProAdvisor Program comprises of software, tools, and resources for accountants as well as bookkeepers. This program has everything that offers you benefits and resources which help you to grow as much as you can and improve your own practice.
In this article, we will discuss the benefits, discounts, and software used in this program.
How to become a QuickBooks ProAdvisor
There is only a way to become a QuickBooks ProAdvisor, is to clear the QuickBooks certification exams and become QB Certified.
Benefits Of The QuickBooks ProAdvisor Program Membership
There are numerous benefits of the ProAdvisor program that will help you to know your full potential and take your business to its uttermost supreme position.
1. QuickBooks Online Accountant
When you sign up for the QuickBooks online accountant, then you are eligible to be a part of the QuickBooks ProAdvisor membership program.
It is specially designed for you to enhance your accounting skills and your business. When you sign up for any version of the ProAdvisor Program, you instantly receive a free QBOA firm company. The QuickBooks Online Accountant is your all-in-one Proadvisor portal, keeping your Desktop and Online benefits with each other in one place.
QuickBooks Online Accountant gives you the following features:
- Client List– You can easily access and manage all your QBO clients
- Your Books– You can manage your own firm’s finances for free
- Practice Management– stay on top of your day-to-day work so that nothing slips through the cracks
- Wholesale Billing– You can get a special discount on QuickBooks Online companies/products for your clients
- The ProAdvisor tab – You can access your certifications, discounts, and software.
2. Training and Certification Courses
It doesn’t matter wherever you are in your career, QuickBooks accounting products make it easy to get certified and develop your skills. You can easily get Certification Courses and training from QuickBooks ProAdvisors. All memberships come with certification courses where you can use your knowledge and earn CPE credits. Free memberships provide QuickBooks Online certifications. Deluxe and Premium memberships add certifications for Desktop software.
Became certified unlocks the new benefits for you .i.e,
Get the QuickBooks Proadvisor Program Tier (Silver, Gold, & Diamond)
There are three levels in the QuickBooks ProAdvisor Program: Silver, Gold, and Diamond. You join as a Silver part and can progress to Gold and after that to Diamond, at no extra cost, bypassing QuickBooks Certification exams.
- To move from Silver to Gold, pass the QuickBooks Certification exam or include no less than 5 QuickBooks Online customers.
- Achive one of the following to move from Gold to Diamond:
- Finish three back to back a long time of QuickBooks Desktop Certification and pass the QuickBooks Enterprises Advanced Certification exam.
- Finish the QuickBooks Online Certification exam and pass the QuickBooks Online Advanced Certification exam for the present year.
- Add at least 20 customers to QuickBooks Online.
To qualify Silver Level Membership:
- Boundless US based talk Monday through Friday, 5:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. what’s more, Saturdays from 6:00 a.m to 3:00 p.m, Pacific Time (barring occasions).
- For the initial 90 days, you are qualified for telephone help from our US based group.
- After the initial 90 days, specialized help is as yet accessible to you from our general QuickBooks Technical Support group 24 hours every day, 7 days. This is normally a similar group of specialists your customers get help from.
When you pass the QuickBooks Certification exam, you turn into an ensured Gold ProAdvisor and you get a free posting on our Find a ProAdvisor online file, where more than 700,000 private companies scan for clerks and bookkeepers consistently. In the event that you finish the Advanced exam and turn into a Diamond ProAdvisor, you are given the best need in the Find-a-ProAdvisor list items with the goal that customers can profit from your more outstanding mastery.
To qualify Gold Level Membership:
keep the current QuickBooks certification for the gold level membership;
- Boundless US based talk Monday through Friday, 5:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. also, Saturdays from 6:00 a.m to 3:00 p.m, Pacific Time (exclude occasions).
- An entire year of US based without toll need specialized telephone help Monday through Friday, 5:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m., Pacific Time (barring occasions).
To qualify Diamond Level Membership:
You need the QuickBooks Advance certification to get the diamond level membership;
- Boundless US based talk Monday through Friday, 5:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. what’s more, Saturdays from 6:00 a.m to 3:00 p.m, Pacific Time (including occasions).
- An entire year of needing access to US based without toll specialized telephone help with our most qualified operators, Monday through Friday, 5:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m., Pacific Time (barring occasions).
- General QuickBooks Technical Support 24 hours per day, 7 days.
A listing on the Find-a-Proadvisor site.
After becoming Advanced certified, your tier increases from Gold to Diamond, proffering you higher quality support and a higher-ranked find-a-Proadvisor listing.
3. Find-a-ProAdvisor listing
You can easily find QuickBooks ProAdvisor on Wizxpert. All versions of the ProAdvisor Program include a listing on the Find-a-Proadvisor site, a directory of accounting professionals that thousands of small businesses use to find and connect with ProAdvisors.
If you successfully achieve at least one certification, you’ll be eligible to publish your own profile so that clients will discover you. For more information read how to publish and manage a QuickBooks ProAdvisor Profile.
4. Technical Support
QuickBooks ProAdvisors provide you full 24*7 technical support. All Proadvisor memberships include infinite access to chat and phone support. Free memberships include support for QuickBooks Online. Paid memberships add support for both QuickBooks Online & Desktop software.
5. Rise according to the Rank
After becoming a proAdvisor opens too many benefits for you to grown up in your business. The more you grow, the more you earn the rewards and points.
Here are the details of the points and descriptions of how to earn it.
|Marketing Tools||Silver (0-199) points||Gold (200-799) points||Platinum (800-1,599) points||Elite(1,600+points)|
|In Find-a-ProAdvisor Directory list||✔️||✔️||✔️||✔️|
|Constant Contact Email marketing tool||✔️||✔️||✔️||✔️|
|Squarespace website builder||15%||20%||25%||30%|
|Intuit Marketing Hub||✔️||✔️||✔️||✔️|
|QuickBooks ProAdvisor merchandise store||✔️||✔️||✔️|
|Chat and phone support||✔️||✔️||✔️||✔️|
|Priority Chat and phone support||✔️||✔️|
|Online certification and training||✔️||✔️||✔️||✔️|
|Professional QuickBooks online training for your clients||✔️||✔️|
|Training to improve your resolute||✔️|
|Services and Software||Silver||Gold||Platinum||Elite|
|Free QuickBooks Online Accountant||✔️||✔️||✔️||✔️|
|Payroll for firm||✔️||✔️||✔️||✔️|
|QuickBooks Online for a firm||✔️||✔️||✔️||✔️|
|Heavy discount on client QuickBooks subscriptions||✔️||✔️||✔️||✔️|
|ProAdvisor partner app discount||✔️||✔️||✔️||✔️|
|QuickBooks payment discount||✔️||✔️||✔️||✔️|
|Discounted ProConnect Tax online return||10%||15%||20%|
|Forms, checks and supplies discount||✔️||✔️||✔️||✔️|
|Tsheets time tracking||✔️||✔️||✔️||✔️|
How to earn these points?
- Add a QuickBooks independent subscription for the client.
- Add a QuickBooks online subscription for the client.
- Add a QuickBooks online Payroll subscription for the client.
- QuickBooks online complete certification
- QuickBooks Desktop complete certification
- Buy ProAdvisor Deluxe or Premium for desktop
- For QuickBooks online, complete advanced certification is there
Intuit Launches Redesigned QB ProAdvisor Program With New Points-Based System And Innovative Benefits
Intuit has recently released a press release that providing further support to the accountants. Other than customer support, training and software discounts, the program offers some other benefits also which are as follows:
- To show their expertise, they can access for gold, silver, and Elite members.
- There are some guides, templates and marketing resources of the new Intuit Marketing Hub, which only a Proadvisor can access.
- You have to grow your practice workshops and Masterclasses to improve the business.
- There are some special discounts for the ProAdvisor who want a deeper connection with the clients.
QuickBooks Advanced Certification
As per the official website, after May 22, 2016, all QuickBooks ProAdvisor should be completed advanced certification with 9 CPE credits of Advanced Continuing Education(ACE) approved training. This is to be done within the 3 years of getting Advanced ProAdvisor Certification. And after every 3 years, you have to earn 9 CPE credits again to maintain your status.
ACE-approved training has live webinars and classroom events given by Advanced Certified ProAdvisors which is pre-approved as ACE sponsors namely Mario Nowogrodzki, CPA, CITP of Mendelson Academy, as well as Michelle Long, CPA, and Hector Garcia, CPA, of QB power Hour and attend training any of these as per convenience and your practice.
Benefits of QuickBooks Advanced Certification?
- Become a professional by acquiring in-depth knowledge of QuickBooks online.
- Obtain Advanced Certified ProAdvisor status and be awarded by a certificate and a logo.
- Obtain Continuing Professional Education (CPE) credits.
- Once Advanced Certified, then, in the ProAdvisor directory, you will display higher. ProAdvisor directory is where small Businesses find bookkeepers and hire Accountants for their business.
What You Will Learn In This Program?
- Working on the data conversion process.
- Using opening balance and how to create a company file.
- Payroll advanced features.
- How the uncommon transactions processed.
- In your client’s file, how to process adjusting the transaction.
- Managing users and company settings.
- Managing table of accounts.
- Advanced features for bank rules and online banking.
- Budget setups.
- Tips and Tricks.
Some Useful Tips For Advanced Certification Exam
Exam level is moderate and you just need basic knowledge of QuickBooks in order to pass the exam. You will also require a general knowledge of bookkeeping to answer QuickBooks Proadvisor Online certification exam questions.
- Always remember to follow the procedure in the QuickBooks manual.
- Read all the questions carefully.
- Your focus should only be on the topic and question provided.
- Do log in to course locker, into the Advanced certification Exam, Print the questions. It will never count as an attempt unless you tap on “Submit”.
- Remember to view almost every question in the course manual. Prepare yourselves according to these questions in the webinar.
This certification course helps you to be an expert in QuickBooks. Therefore, we suggest you go for this certification. Apart from this, it will help you to find a ProAdvisor website.
How long does the QuickBooks certification process take to complete the exam?
- The QuickBooks Desktop Certification exam will take up to four hours. They also offer you with the certification courses to assist you to pass the exam which will take up to twelve hours to complete.
- The QuickBooks online Certification exam will take up to three hours. Intuit offers you the certification courses to assist you to pass the exam which will take up to seven hours to complete.
Note: For users that have completed the previous year’s certification, you’ll take a shorter exam on “What’s new” within the current year. This exam takes approximately half-hour to complete.
- The QuickBooks Point of Sale or QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions Certification will take up to 2 hours each.
- The QuickBooks Desktop Advanced Certification coaching modules take approximately ninety minutes to 2 hours to complete. The time to read and study the coaching guide depends upon you. The exam itself is extremely troublesome and can take many hours to complete. Several ProAdvisors complete the exam in many sittings, and lots of don’t pass on their 1st try.
So make up your mind and do your certification as early as possible.
QuickBooks ProAdvisor Program membership and cost
When you join the ProAdvisor program, many benefits are available for you which you can grab very easily. If you have desktop clients, you can also upgrade to a paid subscription that keeps you up-to-date with the latest desktop software as it releases.
- Deluxe membership provides you QuickBooks Accountant Desktop and related benefits.
- Premium membership provides you Enterprise, QuickBooks for Mac and Point of sale.
Here is the list of membership type with their benefits and description.
|Type of Membership||Price||Benefits||Description|
|Free||Free||QuickBooks Online Accountant (QBOA) with a free set of books for your firm. Client File Management tools. Practice management tools. Discounts for QBO and its features. Free online Payroll subscription for your firm. Technical support. Certification courses for QuickBooks online.||Adds Desktop Accountant and everything you need to support Pro and Premier Desktop clients.|
|Deluxe||$349 per year||Includes everything from the free membership, plus: QuickBooks Accountant DesktopTechnical Support (QBO and Pro/Premier/Accountant Desktop)Certification courses for QuickBooks DesktopDiscounts for Pro and Premier Software.||Adds Desktop Accountant and everything you need to support Pro and Premier Desktop clients.|
|Premium||$549 per year||Includes everything in Free and Deluxe membership, plus: QuickBooks Enterprise solutions. QuickBooks Point of Sale. QB for Mac.Technical support. Certificate courses for Enterprise and Point of Sale. Discounts for a variety of QuickBooks products.||The ProAdvisor Program Premium package gives you the tools and skills to serve any QuickBooks client.|
|Add-ons (Requires Deluxe or Premium||Price||Benefits||Description|
|Enhanced Payroll for Accountants with ProAdvisor discount||$279 per year||Run Payroll in QuickBooks Desktop for up to 50 EINs. Access all available Federal and state forms.||Run Payroll for your Desktop Clients at a sharp discount.|
QuickBooks ProAdvisor software downloads
You can easily download the QuickBooks Proadvisor program software.
Deluxe and Premium ProAdvisor memberships include QuickBooks Desktop software to help you support your clients.
- Deluxe membership provides you QuickBooks Accountant Desktop.
- Premium membership provides you with add Enterprise Accountant, QB for Mac, and QuickBooks Point of Sale.
As long as your paid Proadvisor membership is active, you’ll receive the latest versions of your software automatically as soon as they release. You’ll also keep any versions that you received previously, so your collection of the software will grow year by year.
To download QuickBooks software for ProAdvisor you need to follow these steps.
- First, login https://camps.intuit.com/app/selfservice/index.html#signin with your ProAdvisor login credentials.
- Go to Products and Services, choose the name of the product to install.
- Make a note of the License and Product numbers needed for installation.
- Click on the Download link to start the download.
You can search for your software at our Account Management site. Log in with your Proadvisor credentials to see your list of products. Select any product for license information and download links.
QuickBooks ProAdvisor Discounts For clients
We know the expectations of our clients for all versions of the ProAdvisor Program provide you to access special discounts for you and your clients. These include special rates for QuickBooks checks and supplies and services like Intuit Payments.
You can see your available discounts on the QuickBooks Online Accountant:
- First of all, in the left-hand navigation menu, select ProAdvisor.
- After that, select the Discounts or the Software & Discounts
- You’ll view each available discount as a title on this page. Choose any title to learn more about it and see how to claim it.
In addition to the discounts listed on that page, you can also take advantage of Wholesale Billing to purchase QuickBooks Online subscriptions for your clients at a sharply discounted rate.
Some of the discounts include:
- QuickBooks online direct discount.
- For Accountants, there is a wholesale discount.
- QuickBooks Desktop discounts.
- Checks and Supplies discount.
- QuickBooks Payments special pricing.
- In ProConnect Tax online- Free tax return.
- Discount on QuickBooks Enterprise.
Deluxe or Premium ProAdvisors can also purchase Desktop software for their clients at a discounted rate. To use this discount, you must place an order through our sales line. See our Contact us page for more.
QuickBooks Online Accountant Training & Certification Login
Intuit offers the users to take proper training for the certification before the QuickBooks Online Certification exam. You can get the right platform to practice all the ProAdvisor work with the flexible course so that after getting the certification you can perform your work with clients full of confidence. Here, in below, we have discussed the advantages of Online accountant training, and the procedure to get into it. You must read the section for more advantages.
Why Training is Important for a QuickBooks Online Accountant
- First of all, the QuickBooks Online Certification training, and exams are available in free for all QuickBooks Pro.
- And you will be benified with the skills to provide better service to your clients.
- QuickBooks provided some facilities to users for help in the training page. So that, any user can find the solution instantly, if he/she is in trouble. Some of the resources are Help Hub, Training for Clients, and Meet QuickBooks Online Accountant.
- Able to get support at any stage.
- You can improve your practice, and learning skill through this training.
How to Login to for QuickBooks Online Accountant Platform
- First of all, log into the QuickBooks Online certification & training page.
- Put your login credential, and log into training page.
- Then go to the left panel (Your Practice) of the screen.
- Click on the ‘ProAdvisor’ tab section from the ‘Your Practice’ column, and then select the option.
- Now in this page, you can see a lot of courses of selection to take training, with the option of ‘Get Started’.
- Choose the training type, according to your need, and start your training without any confusion.
Here is a short list for you, where we have tried to provide information about the journey in QuickBooks Online accountant training, or how you can get started with the QuickBooks training for an accountant in a professional way.
- Sign up for QuickBooks Online Accountant or login to your account, if you have already an account.
- Add a first client
- Connect to the QuickBooks Online, and start your service.
- Do your work smartly, and honestly.
QuickBooks ProAdvisor Certification Frequently Asked Questions
These are the most commonly asked QuickBooks ProAdvisor certification Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs). There have been many changes done in the QuickBooks ProAdvisor certification program in the past. In this article, we are going to address the most important and frequently asked questions like the validity of the certification and modifications in the QuickBooks Online Advanced Certifications and many more. Read this full article for in-depth information.
QuickBooks Online Advanced Certification FAQ
1:- What is the new QuickBooks Online Advanced Certification path for the Accountants?
The best and also the recommended way is, first to complete the QuickBooks Online Certification. After that, it will be easier to pass the QuickBooks Advanced Certification exam.
Once you complete the QuickBooks Online Certification it is recommended to wait at least 90 days before you take the training and exam for the QuickBooks Online Advanced Certification.
2:- Will Intuit continue to offer Advanced Certification prep training in the webinar and live classroom events during the current scenario?
In the current scenario, Intuit will continue to provide its Certification preparation training through virtual seminars, webinars, live classroom sessions.
If you want to sign up for the webinars and in-person training as well then go to the ProAdvisor page and from the Training tab, you can do it easily.
In addition to this, you can also register for events like Virtual Conferences (VC) and other events available in the QuickBooks Online Accountant. You can view and register for this through the Training tab.
3:- If I already have expertise in the QuickBooks Online Accountant, do I still be required to take training before the exam?
Since all the training provided in mandatory, you can directly take the certification exam if you want.
4:- How many attempts do I have for passing the QuickBooks ProAdvisor Certification exam?
For passing the certification exam, you will get a total of three attempts. If you are failed to pass the exam in the three attempts then you will be not able to take the exam for the next 60 days. After 60 days you can attempt the QB certification exam again.
NOTE: You will be required to complete the exam in one sitting, once you start the exam. You can’t take a break during the exam and resume again.
5:- How to maintain the QuickBooks ProAdvisor certificate?
Once you become a certified QuickBooks ProAdvisor, based on your level of certification you have to pass a shorter certification examination every year to maintain the certification validity. This exam mainly focuses on the changes that have been done in the past year in QuickBooks Online software.
NOTE: Intuit no longer needs ProAdvisors to send their ACE Credits in order to maintain Intuit ProAdvisors Certification Status.
How to determine the QuickBooks Certification Validity?
You can view your active certification in QuickBooks Online Accountant software. Follow the instructions mentioned below:
- Open and sign in to the QuickBooks Online Accountant.
- After that, select the Team menu.
- And then, go to the Training tab.
From here, you will be able to see all of your certifications along with their validation status. In addition to this, you can also see your team’s certifications. If any member’s certificate validity is over then you will be able to see the inactive status on it.
1:- Is there any training program for the recertification exam?
Of course, there is a training program available for the recertification exam. You can check out What’s new in QuickBooks Online Advanced training.
2:- Why Intuit is moved to the recertification process for QuickBooks Online Advanced Certification?
According to the Intuit, it is very difficult to collect and keep track of ACE Credits for the Advanced-certified ProAdvisors. Also, with the implementation of the recertification process, the certified ProAdvisors can stay up-to-date with the latest changes in the software. In this way, their clients will also be served best.
Due to these reasons, Intuit completely implemented the recertification model on the QuickBooks Online Advanced certification as well.
3:- Do I need to pass the QuickBooks Online recertification exam before I attempt the Advanced recertification exam?
You’ll need to recertify at the highest level. If you are going to take the QuickBooks Online Advanced certification exam then you’ll only take the advanced recertification. All the content of the QB Online certification will be covered in the Advanced certification, so only need to take and pass one exam.
QuickBooks Desktop Advanced Certification Discontinuation FAQ
Intuit had discontinued the QuickBooks Desktop Advanced Certification Discontinuation training program and exams on 31 December 2018.
The certificate of ProAdvisors who have passed the QuickBooks Desktop Advanced certification exam on or before 31 December 2018 will be valid till the next 3 years starting from January 1, 2019, and that too without any recertification exam.
After this date, there will be no more QuickBooks Desktop Advanced certification will be granted.
These are some FAQs related to the QuickBooks Desktop Advanced Certificate Discontinuation.
1:- Why Intuit discontinued the QuickBooks Desktop Advanced Certification Exam?
The reasons behind the discontinuation of this program low demands and popularity of this course in the ProAdvisor community. Instead of this, Intuit is more into developing the programs that will help in the all-around development of the community.
2:- What does a 3-Years certification status hold for the ProAdvisors?
It means that if you have passed the QuickBooks Desktop Advanced Certification exam on and before 31 December 2018 then your Advanced Certification will be valid for the next three years i.e. from January 1, 2019, to January 1, 2022.
3:- What things do I need to do if I currently QuickBooks Desktop Advanced Certified?
There are two things that you need to do if you are currently QuickBooks Desktop Advanced Certified ProAdvisor & to maintain the certification status.
- First is an active QuickBooks Desktop basic certification.
- Second is an active paid QuickBooks ProAdvisor membership.
QuickBooks ProAdvisor Certification Program FAQ
In this section, we are going to answer the most common and frequently asked question related to the QuickBooks ProAdvisor Certification Program.
1:- What training programs are available?
Training with Exam
|Certification||Number of Allowed Attempts||Allotted Time To Complete Exam||Minimum Passing Marks||CPE of Credit Training|
|QuickBooks Online Certification||3||2 hrs. (Approx.)||80%||14.5|
|QuickBooks Online Advanced Certification||3||2 hrs. (Approx.)||80%||13|
|QuickBooks Desktop Certification||4||3-4 hrs. (Approx.)||80%||19.5|
|QuickBooks Point of Sale Certification||4||2 hrs. (Approx.)||80%||N/A|
|QuickBooks Enterprise Solution Certification||4||2 hrs. (Approx.)||80%||8.5|
|Training||Allotted Time To Complete||CPE Credit for Training|
|Introduction to QuickBooks Online for Accountants||1.5 to 2.5 hrs (Approx.)||2.5|
|QuickBooks Self-Employed||2.5 hrs (Approx)||4.4|
2:- How many types of certifications are currently available in the Intuit QuickBooks ProAdvisor program?
There are four types of certification programs are offered by the Intuit.
- QuickBooks Certification (Desktop Version)
- QuickBooks Online Certification
- QuickBooks Point of Sale Certification
- QuickBooks Enterprise Solution Certification
NOTE: The QuickBooks Desktop Advanced certification was discontinued since 31 December 2018.
3:- What are the mandatory requirements for these courses?
Pre-requirements for each course are mentioned below.
- For QuickBooks Desktop certification and QuickBooks Online certification: As both of these are the basic courses, therefore, you don’t need any prior certifications.
- For QuickBooks Point of Sale and QuickBooks Enterprise Solution certification: Both of these courses became available only when you complete the 1-year course of QuickBooks Desktop certification exam.
- For QuickBooks Online Advanced certification: For this, you first need to complete the current QuickBooks Online certification course.
4:- How can I know about the CPE credits that I received with the certification course and how do I find whether my state accepts the CPE Credits or not?
Each ProAdvisor certification course has training modules that may worth some CPE Credits. Depending upon the course you choose and in which year, availability and number of CPE credits may differ as well.
In QuickBooks Online Accountant software, you can easily find the latest information available.
- Go to the left side navigational panel and then select the ProAdvisor option.
- In this window, go to the Training tab.
- Under the name of the module, go to the module card and check the list of available credits. If you don’t see the listed credit then it means the module does not offer any CPE Credits.
- Once you completed the module, you need to complete the CSE Assessment in order to get the CPE credits for the specific module. Remember, you have to complete the module first only then you will be able to access the CSE Assessment.
NOTE: There are some states that do not allow CPE credits while you were taking the QuickBooks ProAdvisors Certification course. It’s up to the State Boards of Accountancy whether they accept the individual courses CPE credits or not. Therefore, it is your responsibility to check whether your State Board of Accountancy accepts the CPE credits with respect to any CPE course or not.
5:- What is Intuit’s NASBA sponsor number?
Intuit’s NASBA sponsor number is 103311.
6:- What is the time duration of each certification course?
Depending upon the type of certification, here are the length of the certification procedure.
- QuickBooks Desktop Certification: The time duration of the QuickBooks Desktop Certification exam is up to 4 hours while the time duration of the training courses that Intuit provides to you to help you pass the exam is up to 12 hrs.
- QuickBooks Online Certification: The time duration of the QuickBooks Online Certification exam is up to 2 hours while the time duration of the training courses that Intuit provides to you to help you pass the exam is up to 7 hrs. But, if you have previously completed the certification exam then you can take shorter recertification “What’s new” exam for the current year which takes 30 minutes approx.
- QuickBooks Point of Sale and QuickBooks Enterprise Solution Certification: The time duration of both of these exams are 2 hours each.
NOTE: It is not mandatory to choose all the modules, no matter which certification course you are taking. You are free to opt for only those modules where you need help. But if you want CPE Credits then it is compulsory to select the training modules and then complete them individually in order to earn those credits.
7:- What if I failed in any section of the exam? How many attempts do I get after that?
If you fail to pass any particular section of the exam then you will be awarded another chance to take it. The number of attempts depends upon which certification exam you are taking. Check out the first FAQ to see the number of attempts available for each certification exam.
The person who is taking QuickBooks Online 2017 or older exam had to answer only those questions that were incorrect but QuickBooks Online 2018 and later test-taker are required to answer all the questions of the section no matter they were correct or not.
Other than this 2018 certification exams like QuickBooks Desktop, QuickBooks Enterprise, QuickBooks Online Advanced, and QuickBooks Point of Sale do not require to re-answer all the questions. You only need to answer questions that were wrong.
8:- What if I become a Certified ProAdvisor but later I need to leave my firm, is my certification is still valid?
The certification exam that you pass solely belongs to you, not your firm. But in order to retain the certification title, logos, or distinction, you should have an active paid ProAdvisor membership program.
However, if your firm has paid for and owns your ProAdvisor Program membership, they are liable to keep all the other program assets unless of course negotiated by you.
9:- How often do I need to certify in each QuickBooks Certification?
Based on the type of certification you posses frequency of the recertification may vary.
- QuickBooks Certification: In order to retain the Gold level membership, you need to be certified in the latest three versions of QuickBooks Desktop Certification or certified within the past 365 days for QuickBooks Online. Although, it is recommended to update your QuickBooks Certification status every year so that you will be able to deliver the highest level of service to your clients while possessing the latest knowledge of the QuickBooks software. Also, if you want to be featured at the top of the list of Find a QuickBooks ProAdvisor page then you should be certified in the latest version of QuickBooks.
- QuickBooks Online Certification: Your QuickBooks Online certification is only valid till July 31 of the next year. It is best for all the Proadvisors to take an exam every year so that they can remain updated on the latest information related to the QuickBooks Online software. The members who previously have the QuickBooks Desktop ProAdvisors certification also has the latest QuickBooks Online certification are listed at the top of the Find-a-QuickBooks-ProAdvisors page.
- QuickBooks Enterprise Solution Certification and QuickBooks Point of Sale (POS) Certification: As both of these certificates are valid for 2 years, therefore, you only need to take the updated QuickBooks exam only once in every two years.
- QuickBooks Desktop Advanced Certification: If you had successfully completed the QuickBooks Desktop Advanced Certification course once in the past then you never have to take it again. As long as, you maintain the annual QuickBooks Desktop certification along with the required nine CPE Credits of ACE Approved once every 3 years you will remain QuickBooks Desktop Advanced Certified QuickBooks ProAdvisor.
10:- How to maintain my QuickBooks Certification Status?
You will become a Gold Level Member as soon as you successfully completed the QuickBooks Desktop Certification Exam or QuickBooks Online Certification Exam. After that, based on the certification course that you have passed, you can use distinctions of QuickBooks Desktop Certified or QuickBooks Online Certified (or Both).
In order to keep your certified Gold Level status, you need to do two things. The first is to have a valid and active ProAdvisor Member account and the second is to be certified in one of the three latest versions year of QuickBooks Desktop Certification and QuickBooks Online Certification.
However, if you are a QuickBooks Desktop Advanced Certified then you must know that it is a one-time exam i.e. once you passed this exam successfully then you become a Diamond Level Member.
11:- Is there any discount of any type in the QuickBooks ProAdvsior Certification course?
Currently, Intuit does not have any separate offer for the certification course only.
In order to become a QuickBooks Desktop Certified ProAdvisor, you have to purchase the full ProAdvisor Membership program.
However, there are multiple tiers membership programs that come at a different price level. For instance, you can subscribe to the Deluxe memberships which are relatively less expensive and provide QuickBooks Online Certification, QuickBooks Desktop Certification, and QuickBooks Desktop Advanced Certification as well.
Here, you can check the pricing and plans for the QuickBooks ProAdvisor Certification.
12:- How to Download the QuickBooks ProAdvisor Certification Badge and How to use them?
After passing the certification exam, your badge will be available in the 60 minutes and you can access these badges from the Available Certification page. For more information, read our article on How to get Certified ProAdvisor Badge?
You can promote the services you provide by using your Certification Badge or logo in any way you find effective. For example, you can print this on your business card or feature it on your website.
NOTE: You are not allowed to use the logos or badges if you are not certified in that particular product or course, or even if your certification is expired.
13:- How can I print my certificate?
Read this article, If you want to learn how to print your QuickBooks ProAdvisor certificate.
14:- Do I need to take the latest version of QuickBooks Desktop Advance certification again even if I have already passed the previous version?
No, it is not compulsory to retake the latest version of QuickBooks Desktop Advanced Certification again, if you have completed its earlier version successfully once before. Even though, you might be able to see the new version of the exam when you log into your ProAdvisor Centre, even if you see the ‘Take Now’ button.
If you are successfully cleared the previous exam and then become a certified QuickBooks Desktop Advanced ProAdvisor once before, then you have an option to take and complete the latest QB Desktop Certification if you want to, but it is not mandatory for any user.
NOTE: On this page, you will not be able to see any indication of your Advanced Certification. On the View Certification History page, you can view your current Advanced Certification and also download your badge or certificate for the previous version you passed.
I hope this post will help you to know more about QuickBooks Proadvisor Program and grow your practice and become a smart business person. In addition, if you want more discussion related to this topic then you can call our intuit certified QuickBooks ProAdvisor at our QuickBooks support number +1-844-405-0904 toll-free.
Thanks for visiting us. you are always welcome here anytime if you have any other queries in your mind. you can also visit our QuickBooks Community to get answers to your queries from other business owners. In case, if you cannot find your query there, you can also post your question.