QuickBooks is the most demanding bookkeeping software commonly used for small to large businesses. Intuit, is the maker of QuickBooks who always changes and updates its products. This is the reason why they always release new versions of the certification exams and offer a program (called ProAdvisor) to upgrade your skills to better serve your clients.
In this article, you will learn who is the certified users, how to access QuickBooks Certification, what are its different level. Why important is getting QuickBooks Certification? And also how it helps you in your accounting and tax practice.
Who is QuickBooks Certified User?
Certified users earn the certification by giving the exam. That denotes newly gained QuickBooks skills for the position in professional accountancy and effectively illustrate bookkeeping skills, including how to use QuickBooks purchase orders, track sales and expenses, monitor financial records, and produce or maintain invoices.
If you are thinking that why you require a QuickBooks certification then read the skills you will get by having this certification.
In QuickBooks variety of skill included
- Working with lists
- Setting up the QuickBooks
- Using other QuickBooks accounts
- Entering data for sales and invoices
- Receiving payments and making deposits with the software
- Entering and paying bills
- Analyzing financial data in QuickBooks
Boost Your Career with QuickBooks Certification:
If you want to become QuickBooks certified, three-term you must keep in your mind. Attend the program, Prepare and Take Exam.
Intuit two-day mastering QuickBooks class is the best way to start your journey to QuickBooks Certification. In this class you can learn how to setting up QuickBooks to handling money in, money out, payroll, banking, and many more.
Preparing For The Certification Exam:
QuickBooks training classes are the foundation of QuickBooks Knowledge. After completing the first step of training you prepare yourself for the exam. When the training is complete then you will go for a QuickBooks certification study guide. You also get the experience of the sample exam questions. The best part of all this is that these things will be free to you when you attend the training class.
Take the Exam:
As you are almost done! The final step is the QuickBooks certification exam. After attending training and preparation for the exam. The Officials exam will open for you, and the time will be of two hours (According to an official exam).
Sign up with your details and start the exam by NACPB or other official online association. Accountant training and testing center arrange the online exam.
Is the exam tough or Simple?
The exam consists of 50 multiple choice questions, you must score at least 80%, after clearing the exam you will receive the official certificate.
Your certification will only valid for one version of QuickBooks, and you need to re-certifying every year to keep your QuickBooks certification up-to-date.
QuickBooks certification levels
Intuit offers the following certifications:
- QuickBooks Certification (Desktop version)
- QuickBooks Online Certification
- QuickBooks Point of Sale Certification
- QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions Certification
Note: Advanced version of the QuickBooks Desktop certification will be discontinued on December 31, 2018.
Prerequisites for each QuickBooks Certification
Requirements vary, depends on the course:
- QuickBooks Desktop Certification and QuickBooks Online Certification: These basic courses don’t need you to meet any prerequisites.
- QuickBooks Point of Sale and QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions certifications: These courses available to you after you take one year of the QuickBooks Desktop Certification exam.
- QuickBooks Desktop Advanced Certification: After certified in three consecutive years of the QuickBooks Desktop Certification exam then this course available to you.
- QuickBooks Online Advanced Certification: This course requires a current QuickBooks Online Certification.
Why required Certification?
Explore all the ways QuickBooks Certification raises your business
The payoff to match your prestige
After being QB Certified ProAdvisor you will get a chance to earn points and rewards to grow your business and lift your clients. Some more points are given below:
- Free listing on Find-a-ProAdvisor, which creates almost a quarter-million leads annually worldwide.
- Free QuickBooks Online, Payroll, and time-tracking
- Discounted apps, services, supplies, and ProConnect tax returns
- Unlimited phone, chat, and email support
Technique that inspires trust
With doing a basic setup to the latest tools gain soup-to-nuts mastery in QuickBooks. Whether you are using new or advanced, cloud or Desktop. Intuit helps you so you can develop your skills because your clients depend on you.
Trustworthiness that your clients can see
With the help of certification, you can get access to premier marketing resources to identify your firm, get leads and build your brand.
- Certification badges to let prospects know you’re an expert
- Free templates, guides, and more on the Intuit Marketing Hub
- Discounted email marketing through Constant Contact
- Discounted Squarespace website builder
- ProAdvisor merchandise
Re-certification: Protect your status
As you know that Intuit regularly updated their product, that is the reason you required re-certification. Every year Intuit asks you to pass a short re-certification exam by July 31 to protect your status and for ProAdvisor rewards and points.
- A crash course in what’s new in QuickBooks Online
- Training options available just for re-certification
- Shorter exam than original certification
How To Become a QuickBooks ProAdvisor
If you have knowledge of accounting so you easily understand the QuickBooks Proadvisor program. Intuit provides free online ProAdvisor programs. If you want to use the full benefits of QuickBooks Proadvisor such as access to desktop versions also, there is the small annual fee involved. Fee cover access to the currents years Quickbooks Desktop and Enterprises Solutions software.
As it is already discussed that it is also available free of cost also. So, it depends on you whether you choose the free or the paid version of the program. Training provides virtual conferences and free live training events.
QuickBooks Desktop certification and budgets
Desktop self-placed training, exam and certificate badge all are available in QuickBooks Online Accountant. New features are:
- Updated self-placed training and exam
- You can updated certification badge
- Provide downloadable certificate and ProAdvisor badge
- Also updated certification history section
- After being QuickBooks Desktop certified, then make easily place in the Find an accountant site to promote your firm and ProAdvisor badge.
For new QuickBooks Desktop accountants and bookkeepers.
- First sign-up for free QuickBooks Online Accountant file.
- Select ProAdvisor within Your Practice option.
- Choose the Certification tab.
- Then review the QuickBooks Desktop Training and Certification drop-down list.
Existing certified QB Desktop ProAdvisor doesn’t require recertification. If you want to review the update self-placed training follow the above-given steps.
1. Training with exam
|Certification||Allowed # of Attempts||Time To Complete Exam||Passing Score||CPE Credit for Training|
|QuickBooks Online||3||Approx. 6.5 hrs||80%||8.0|
|QuickBooks Online Advanced||4||Approx. 2 hrs||80%||n/a|
|QuickBooks Desktop||4||Approx. 3-4 hrs||80%||18.5|
|QuickBooks Point of Sale||4||Approx. 2 hrs||80%||n/a|
|QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions||4||Approx. 2 hrs||80%||4.5|
|QuickBooks Desktop Advanced||4||Approx. 9.5 hrs||80%||n/a|
2. Non-exam training
|Training||Time To Complete Exam||CPE Credit for Training|
|Introduction to QuickBooks Online for Accountants||Approx. 1.5-2.5 hrs||2.5|
|QuickBooks Self-Employed||Approx. 2.5 hrs||4.4|
Types of QuickBooks Certification
Recertification varies, and it depends on the type of certification you have:
- QuickBooks certification: To always persist a Gold Level member, you must be required to certify in one of the three most recent QuickBooks Desktop version certification or within the past 365 days for QuickBooks Online. But, we always recommend you to update QB Certification status every year to check that you are providing the highest level information and support to your clients. And one more thing is only that users who are certified in the latest version of QuickBooks are placed at the top of the QB Find-a-ProAdvisor Website.
- QuickBooks Online Certification: We recommend you to give an updated exam every year to stay current with your QuickBooks Online knowledge. Because QBO certification is only valid till July 31st of the following year. As we already told that with QB Desktop certification, a member who is certified on the latest version of QBO is placed at the top of the QuickBooks Find-a-ProAdvisor Website.
- QuickBooks Point of Sale (POS) Certification and QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions Certification: POS and Enterprise Solution certifications are offered on a two-year cycle. For the update, you only need to certify in these once every two years.
- QuickBooks Desktop Advanced Certification: After completing the Advanced Certification exam, you never require to take it again, and you always being Advanced Certified as long as you manage your annual QuickBooks Desktop Certification and need to complete nine CPE credits of ACE-approved training every three years.
Suggested Read: Intuit Educational Program
How QuickBooks certification is beneficial and Worth it?
Complete Quickbooks Certification course provides valuable benefits, QuickBooks certified expert gain good experience.
Advanced Knowledge of QuickBooks: You could learn all the things by trial and error because it is only a good learning method or tricks of Quickbooks.
Troubleshooting skills: This course guide you through how to troubleshoot everything from technical issues, such as bank feeds to how to fix an out of balance sheet and other related issues in QuickBooks.
Train to others: Once you certify by QuickBooks or as QuickBooks expert you easily train anyone online or offline and earn money.
When users use Quickbooks they face many problems and doubts also such as how to use QuickBooks? How to use QuickBooks Online? how to install QuickBooks updated version 2018? Etc. QuickBooks certified trainer or QuickBooks ProAdvisor easily solve these Queries of users.
Join the QuickBooks training college and Community college and provide the training to others.
Frequently asked questions:
What are the two primary reports in QuickBooks?
Profit & loss and the balance sheet
What is the difference between ITEMS and ACCOUNTS?
Items are products and services that you sell. They are used on the transaction such as invoices and purchases orders. Accounts are categorized in which financial transactions are organized into reports, such as profit & loss balance sheet. Some accounts also carry the balance.
What is the difference between accrual and basis?
Accrual adding together of interest or different investments over a period of time. Accrual related to finance.
Only report income and expenses as they are paid in cash basis
What is the undeposited fund accounts?
Undeposited fund accounts is a temporary account when a payment is received from a client but not deposited in the bank yet
What is a sub-account? And why would you use it?
A sub-account belongs to the main or a parent account and it uses to create additional categories with the main category.
What does the collapse and expand button do on standard reports?
It shows or hides sub-accounts
What is the main difference between QuickBooks Pro and Premier?
Premier can do sales orders, create P.O.’s straight from estimates or sales order, create the change order, industry specifics reports but all of these things Pro does no do.
What is the purpose of using a sales order, instead of an Invoice?
Sales order simply recorded a sale approved by a client but the invoice is different, an invoice is to finalize sales once the product or services has been delivered.
How do you program QuickBooks to repeat recurring transactions?
Automatically transaction entry will create automatically the transaction in the future.
What are classes in QuickBooks and how would you use them?
Classes are used to create departments to measure profit and loss for each class.
I hope this post will help you to understand the process of getting QuickBooks Certification or become a QuickBooks Certified. If you need more discussion on this topic, Contact our QuickBooks Help number +1-855-441-4417 toll-free.