How to run a payroll summary report
- Last Updated on: October 8th, 2018
- Posted by: admin
- Category: QuickBooks Payroll
QuickBooks Payroll provides the information related your’s company employees and payroll expenses. The Payroll Summary report helps you to check the current pays for a month, half or full year to the government for tax on pays. In this report, the dates will draw up by paycheck dates only, not pay period dates.
What is Payroll Summary Report:
The Payroll summary report is a fast way to see the payroll totals by an employee for a selected amount of your time. This report shows the payroll things with a subtotal for internet pay, and all the company payroll taxes are shown by the employee.
A payroll summary reports collection of employees earnings, list of your current employees, paid time off balances and much more. It can be generated for any one period or for a period range
Get rid of your all payroll related issues. Dial QuickBooks Payroll Support Phone Number1855-441-4417.
What does a payroll summary report consist of :
Its include followings items,
- Employee vacation and sick time
- Employee, Taxes adjustments and wages
- Taxes and contributions and taxes.
- Net Pay of Employees
In these types of reports, Gross pay indicates the commission and other bonuses. When we decrease any pre-tax deductions like contribution by an employee toward 401(k) plan the amount is called Adjusted Gross pay. Furthermore, the Net pay is the amount which an employee received after taxes and all other after-tax adjustments (like loan repayment and travel expense reimbursement)
You may also like: How to enter Employee’s Prior Payroll in QuickBooks Online?
To Create a Payroll Summary Report:
- In Reports Select > Employees & Payroll > Payroll Summary
- Set a date range.
- Select Refresh.
- Remove the Hours and/or Rate columns-
- Select the Customize Report.
- Clear the Hours and/or Rate checkboxes, in the Display tab.
- Select OK.
- Under the Filters tab, you can also add pay periods.
- Select Print > Report to print the Payroll Summary.
To run a report for a specific employee:
- Select Employees to open the Employee Center/Centre, from the home page.
- Choose the employee you want to run the report, On the left side
- Select the report you would like to run, in the upper right corner:
- Quick Report
- Payroll Summary
- Paid Time Off
- Payroll Transaction Detail
- Enter the dates you need.
- If the change in the printer is important then you can change settings, then click Print.
Editing the Payroll Summary Report:
If you want to edit and some changes on a report, after running the report,
- Go to the menu toolbar and click Edit on the menu toolbar.
- Amend the parameters as desired.
- Now, Click Run Report to view again.
Printing the Payroll Summary Report:
- Print the current report by Click Print on the menu toolbar and you check the print preview of the report on the screen. Now, Print again to print out the report.
- Click print on menu toolbar and select page setup, you easily to set page margin or paper size as you want.
To export a payroll summary report to Excel:
- Click the Excel drop-down arrow, in the report.
- Select Create New Worksheet or Update Existing Worksheet.
- Click the Browse button to choose the workbook, if you select Update Existing Worksheet,
- Select the Advanced button.
- Clear the Space between columns check box.
- Select OK.
- Select Export.
Related Article: How to create a one-time payroll check in QuickBooks Online?
Hope with the help of these you can easily create and run Payroll Summary Report. If you have any query, you can ask to technical support team of WizXpert. Get connected with them by dialing QuickBooks Error support number 1855-441-4417.
Related Blogs/Articles to read: