Resolve Data Damage on your QuickBooks Company File
- Last Updated on: January 20th, 2018
- Posted by: admin
- Category: QuickBooks Support
Data damage is one of the major problems with any software like as QuickBooks or any other software. It is necessary to resolve such data error in order to continue other important work.
Please keep in mind before proceeding:
- Wherever the actual company file is stored just run the rebuild and Verify Utilities on the same system.
- After this, the Rebuild utility will make a backup of that file. And then you can save the file wherever you want.
Related article: Overflow Error in QuickBooks Desktop
There are Two Steps below to Fix the Problem
Step 1: Run the Rebuild Utility
- In the File menu, click Utilities then Rebuild data.
Then click ok to backup the data of company file.
- Be patient: sometimes computer displays the message that the QuickBooks is not responding, have patience and wait for it to complete.
- Then Click on OK after getting the message That “Rebuild has completed and proceed with the next step. ”
Related article: How to Create QuickBooks Desktop company file
Step 2: Run the Verify Utility
- In the File, Menu clicks on the Utilities and then verify Data.
- When you get a message saying “QuickBooks detected no problem with your data” just click OK. You might able to access your company file.
- You will get the prompt to Rebuild Now or View Errors if verify utility found any issue with data.
- Just click on the close, and follow the below steps:
- Very Imp.: If you have no issue with reviewing the QBWIN.log File then proceed with the following steps. Or else you can contact our QuickBooks error Support team.
- Find QBWIN.log or QuickBooks.log files.
- Important: You have to send the log file to the Intuit Support team if you are working with the support agent. This will send the file to a repository that will enable the support agent to view your log files.
- In The opened File Search By Pressing the Ctrl+F key for the Begin Verify.
- Search the line that has the LVL_ERROR and copies this to the QuickBooks Help window. You will also see that there is a Data Damage Top LVL errors library.
- Follow the steps to resolve the issue.
Hope this blog helps you solve your problem if problem Exist please contact our QuickBooks Customer Support Team or Call On 1855-441-4417.