QuickBooks Desktop is one of the world’s leading accounting software. But sometimes users often encounter issues and may face error while activating it. After entering validation code user can receive error messages such as validation code is incorrect or the service is temporarily unavailable during QB desktop activation.
Do you know how to fix these types of an issue during QB desktop activation? For this issue first, you will check suggested solutions and then perform the appropriate way to fix the error. You can also save your valuable time and effort by contacting our QuickBooks Support team. Now, go through the article in order to get the detail information.
Before performing any of the suggested solutions, check the following:
- See if QuickBooks is already active.
- Verify that the license number and the product code match the stickers on the QuickBooks product package.
- For a downloaded product: See the confirmation email you purchased with Intuit.
- If you have purchased QuickBooks on the CD: See a brightly colored sticker on the original CD envelope.
- ProAdvisors: You can visit the member support site for the installation code.
How to fix this error?
To resolve such problems, the solutions should be performed in the order given below.
Solution 1: Verify that the system date and time settings are correct
- Close QB Desktop and also its files.
- Right-click the time display in the Windows Task Bar and choose to adjust the date/time.
- Click on the Date and Time tab and select the current year’s date.
- Click Apply and then click OK.
- Open the QB desktop and start Help> Activate QuickBooks> Activation (For Canadian version of QuickBooks, Start Registration for Quick Start> Quick QuickBooks> QuickBooks).
- Enter the validation code and click next.
Solution 2: Reset the .ecml file
When you install QuickBooks Desktop, you enter the license number and the product code to complete the installation and validate your copy of QuickBooks. If an encrypted file with that information is damaged, QuickBooks will not be open and can display an error message. In those circumstances, removing the entitlement file and re-entering your license and product information will help solve the problem.
Delete EntitlementDataStore.ecml file
- Firstly, Close QB Desktop.
- Ensure that all QB processes are no longer running or Closed.
- From the keyboard, press Ctrl + Shift + Esc. This Task Manager opens.
- Windows 10: Click More Details to Show Task Manager.
- Click on the Process tab.
- Sort the processes alphabetically by clicking on the processor name header.
- For all examples of QBW32.EXE, click Search and End Job.
- Open the Entitlement Data folder for your operating system and version of QuickBooks.
- On your keyboard, press Windows + R to open the Run window.
- Enter C: \ ProgramData \ Intuit \ Entitlement Client \ v8 (or v6) and Tap Enter (Folder location is similar for all variants QB desktops and QB Desktop Enterprise .)
- Right-click the EntitlementDataStore.ecml file and select Delete.
- Click yes to confirm or yes that you want to delete the file.
- Open your company file and follow the instructions to register the application.
Solution 3: Reactivate MSXML
64-bit operating system, activate MSXML with the following commands:
- Type the Start menu and cmd, then right-click and select Run as Administrator.
Note: In Windows 8, on your keyboard, press the Windows key and type CMD, then right-click and choose Run as Administrator.
- C: At the prompt, enter cd \ windows \ syswow64.
- Enter Regsvr32 MSXML4.dll and press Enter.
- Enter Ype regsvr32 MSXML6.dll and press Enter.
32-bit operating system: Register MSXML with the following command:
- First of all, on your keyboard, press the Windows key + R to open the Run window.
- Enter CMD and press Enter.
- Enter Regsvr32 MSXML4.dll and press Enter.
- Also Enter Regsvr32 MSXML6.dll and press Enter.
Solution 4: Run the QBInstall tool
If you are unable to install or open the QB desktop, QuickBooks Installation Diagnostics (QBInstall) tool can also help! The QuickBooks Installed Diagnostic Tool (QBInstall Tool) is designed to automatically identify and fix problems with .NET Framework, C ++, and MSXML.
Before making any manual steps to solve component-related problems, the tool is recommended to run because it can reduce the time needed to resolve your problem.
Solution 5: Create a new Windows administrator
Sometimes, it is important to try new windows users to eliminate user account damage.
- First of all, Select Start and also click on Settings.
- Select accounts and click Family and other users.
- After that under Other User, click Add another person to this PC.
- At the bottom of the page, I do not have the sign-in information for this person.
- At the bottom of the next page, click Add users without a Microsoft account.
- Enter the name of the new account.
- Click Finish By default, the new account is set as the standard user.
- Tap on the newly created account and click on the account type.
- Click on the drop-down menu and select Admin.
- Click OK.
- Second last after creating new users, sign out from Windows and sign back in as a new user.
- Finally, open the QB desktop and select Help> Activate QuickBooks> Start Activation. (For the Canadian version of QB, Start Help> Register QuickBooks> Register).
If this fixes your error, then decide whether to keep or remove the new administrative user and continue using the existing one.
Solution 6: Restore the QuickBooks Desktop
When a QB Desktop function gets damaged or when the QB Desktop does not fix any problems, then uninstall QB Desktop, rename the installation files back and then reinstall the QB Desktop May be necessary for. This process is otherwise known as a clean install. See Restore for detailed instructions using a clean install.
We hope that this article helped you to solve the error, Still if you need any further support regarding this error or any other error related to QuickBooks, Talk to a Intuit certified QuickBooks ProAdvisor 1-855-441-4417.