In this article, you will learn how to do payroll & enter past & previous prior payroll in QuickBooks Online. Also to enter historical payroll data & set up employees in QuickBooks Online.
If you’ve already paid employees during the current calendar year at that time it’s important to enter Employee’s Prior Payroll information in QuickBooks Online before running payroll.
Many users want to create a W2 form even for your former employee in QuickBooks online but they don’t know how to do this in QuickBooks online.
Employee’s Prior Payroll happens usually that your former employee has left the company before you start using QB Payroll. And you want to include past data for the W2 for that employee. This can be done by entering employee’s prior payroll in QuickBooks Online.
Related Article: How to create a final paycheck for a terminated employee
However, If you have already created payroll, then the option to enter prior payroll will not be available. In that case, we will advise you to contact our QuickBooks payroll support phone number +1-855-441-4417. They will solve your problem instantly. Our expert adviser will guide you on how to overcome your problems.
Firstly, we will share the features of QuickBooks Online for Payroll and some different features that you will find inside the payroll, later be discussed How to Enter Employee’s Prior Payroll?
Time-Saving payroll features in QuickBooks Online:
- Pay and Manage Bills
- Unlimited invoices send
- You pay and file taxes from within QuickBooks Online
- Print and prepare 1099s
- Inventory Tracking
- Clients can run payroll with the online mobile app at any time and anywhere.
- Track income and expenses
- Get answers fast with chat support and a free phone from U.S. based payroll experts
Payroll features Inside QuickBooks
This features definitely you will found inside in QuickBooks
- Setup in minutes
- Run Payroll
- Your Payroll Taxes Calculated
- Automatic Reminders
- Simple Payroll inside QuickBooks
- Unlimited Payroll
- Payroll Reports
- Payroll Taxes and year-End W-2s
- Live Payroll Experts.
What things you must need before setting up Payroll
Here is the setup information you need for a desktop or online payroll. You can receive this data from your past payroll provider, records, accountant or federal and state agencies.
- Company Information
- Compensation & Benefits
- Direct Deposits
- Tax information
- Prior Payrolls
- Liability information
Steps to setup Payroll in QuickBooks Online
These steps are applicable for all QuickBooks versions.
- Open QuickBooks, look for the Workers option and choose Employees.
- Now, choose to Get Started with Payroll to launch the setup process.
- Insert the company, employee and tax information and all required information.
- After inserting all the information, look for the Run payroll button on your Employees screen. If in case you are able to this, please contact the Intuit Onboarding team at 800–882–9900. You can also check out the Setting Up Full Service Payroll tutorial page to assist you with all the setup process.
By using Desktop or Online Payroll, it is very easy to all employees paid on time you just need to add employees hours, rest work will automatically done by QuickBooks Online
How to enter prior payroll in QuickBooks Online?
Follow the 12 easy steps to enter historical payroll data in QuickBooks Online.
Step 1: First of all Click on the employee tab.
Step 2: Secondly, Click on the name of the employee.
Step 3: Then scroll down the button and click on the Enter [tax year] prior pay details.
Step 4: After that click on yes.
Step 5: Click Next.
Step 6: Enter the YTD totals as of today for this employee.
Step 7: Click Next.
Step 8: Enter the YTD totals as of the previous quarter for this employee.
Step 9: Click Next.
Step 10: Click on the additional pay date and enter the company details and each payment date for the current quarter also.
- Start with the first page and date of the quarter
- After that Enter all the details of the employees per pay date
Step 11: On paycheck history enter totals of the taxes from previous payroll provider reports
Step 12: Click on done.
Related Blog: 8 Expert Tips for Hiring the Best Employees
Need more help? Our QuickBooks Payroll Expert is here to help you
Still, have any confusion or want to ask any question? You need not worry. We provide our QuickBooks payroll customer service to assist you with QB basic, enhanced and full-service payroll. We only hire certified and experienced technician who is capable enough to handle all your queries. So, if you have any query to discuss with us, you can contact our expert by dialing our “QB support phone number” +1-855-441-4417.