Enter or Edit Your Payroll Service Key In QuickBooks
- Last Updated on: June 19th, 2018
- Posted by: QB
- Category: QuickBooks Payroll
It is important for the users to know how to get started with payroll. So, let’s begin to know more about Payroll Service Key. Whenever you purchase Quickbooks Payroll, you are given a 16-digit service key that is specific to your EIN and payroll service. You need to enter this service key into Quickbooks to activate the payroll service in your QB file.
Go through the given steps to Enter or Edit Your Payroll Service Key:
Step 1: At first, you need to obtain your service key that usually comes by e-mail. In case, if you don’t have your service key then use our automated Service Key Retrieval tool. Now, you need to sign in using your Intuit Account. If you fail to retrieve your service key using this tool then contact us.
Reasons behind not working of an automated tool may be:
- One reason may be if multiple payroll orders are there in our system for your company.
- Secondly, if you purchased your payroll product from a retail store, or
- Lastly, if the business phone number you provided did not match what Intuit has on file.
Step 2: Now, open the Quickbooks Service Keys window. If there is no payroll service in your company file then choose Employees > Payroll > Enter Payroll Service Key.
But, if you have a payroll service in your company file then choose Employees > My Payroll Service > Manage Payroll Service.
Step 3: Go to Quickbooks Service Keys window and then,
- You need to select Add if no payroll service is listed.
- Now, select Edit if a payroll service is listed.
- Again, select Edit and take note of the service key.
- Go to Quickbooks Desktop and remove payroll service key.
- Now, select Next and then
- Check if the Payroll Update message appears then select OK.
- Finally, you need to verify the Service Status if it shows ACTIVE then select OK.
I hope this will help you. Call our toll-free QuickBooks support Number +1-855-441-4417 if you still need help.