Do you use Intuit Payroll service, but don’t know how to cancel or void a direct deposit paycheck in QuickBooks payroll? In this article, we have explained the steps and requirements on how to cancel the direct deposit. Read the article to get canceled direct deposit in QuickBooks payroll. The cancellation process is explained here in easy steps and you may learn the importance and requirement also. If you need any details, contact us.+1-844-405-0904
One of the best features of QuickBooks is a direct deposit in terms of Payroll. Direct deposit in QuickBooks save time & allows you to use this process for both vendor and employees. But most users don’t know how to cancel direct deposit paychecks in Intuit payroll. This is one of the most common questions users asked while using Intuit payroll service.
Table of Contents
Things to Know Before Cancelling the Direct Deposit
Know about the direct deposit deadlines before you cancel a direct deposit
- The cancellation process must be done before 5:00 p.m. specific time and 2 banking days before the paycheck date. For example, if the date of the check is Saturday, you can cancel or stop it only before Thursday.
- If the direct deposit has been offloaded for the ACH process, it can’t be undone by Intuit.
If you must stop or void a direct deposit paycheck you sent to Intuit to process, consider the following:
- Once the direct deposit has been submitted for ACH processing, Intuit cannot stop or prevent the direct deposit from being posted to your employee’s bank account.
- ACH processing submissions of direct deposit occur at exactly 5 p.m. (PST), two banking days prior to the paycheck date.
- You must submit any paycheck void or stop request before 5 p.m. (PST), two banking days prior to the paycheck date.
How To Cancel or Void the Paycheck
It is important to void a check before 5:00 p.m. Pacific Time, and 2 banking days prior to the paycheck date.
- Go to the top menu bar, click on Employees, and later click on Edit/Void Paychecks to edit or delete the void employee paycheck.
- Now, on the Edit/Void Paychecks screen, you have to change both the Show paychecks through/from dates to the date of the check, and click the Tab key on your keyboard.
- Click on the check-in question, and choose Void.
- Now a pop-up box will display on your screen, type ‘yes‘, and click on Void.
- If you agree, click on the checkbox asking if you agree to the terms and conditions of voiding the paycheck.
- Now, you have to repeat the earlier steps as required to cover all checks that need to be voided.
- Close the Edit/Void Paychecks window once your check has been voided.
- Click on Employees, and choose to Send Payroll Data.
- Click on Send. You will not view any direct deposit check to send. This is because this step has been taken to allow QuickBooks Desktop to connect to the server to detect if a change has been made and it will be removed from direct deposit.
- Make sure the paycheck is zeroed by looking at your bank register used to pay employees. The memo line will show that an amendment has been made to the check. It can say: “Zero paycheck payroll service fund recovered.” On the check of payroll liability, the memo line may say: “Adjusted for voided paychecks.” No confirmation report will be sent for void payment.
Steps To check the Status of the Payroll
Before considering How to cancel the direct deposit in QuickBooks Payroll, let’s first discuss the steps to check the status of the payroll.
- First, go to the top menu bar, and click on Employees
- Next, click on My Payroll Service
- Click on the Account/Billing Information.
- You have to Sign in using your Intuit Account Login.
- Later, go to View Payroll Activity in the direct deposit section.
- Now enter your Direct Deposit PIN.
- Later check that needs to be stopped by viewing for the payroll transmission.
How to Cancel a Direct Deposit in QuickBooks Payroll
Follow these easy steps and cancel a direct deposit in QuickBooks Payroll
- On the top menu select Employees Edit/Void Paychecks.
- On the edit page, select the Show paychecks through dates to the dates of a check and press the tab on the keyboard.
- To check the question click on the Void.
- In the pop-up box, enter the yes and click Void.
- Now you click on the terms and condition box of the paycheck.
- Once the checks have been voided, close the edit/void paycheck window. after the check is voided.
- Top of the bar click the Employees and send the payroll data.
- Then click on the send but you will not get any deposit to send.
- Before the paycheck has been voided by looking in your bank register that is used to pay employees. The memo line will show a modification has been checked.
If Send Payroll Data Window does not Show Voided Direct deposit
Note: If nothing has been edited on the paycheck other than avoiding it so you should follow these steps.
- Go to the voided paycheck in question.
- Delete the information in the Memo field.
- Now, click Save & Close.
- Re-open the paycheck.
- Go to the Right-click and select Void Paycheck.
- Click Save & Close.
- Now you see the voided paycheck should show in the Send Payroll Data window.
Confirm the Check was Canceled
You won’t be able to see whether you were able to successfully cancel the direct deposit in your QuickBooks Desktop confirmation report. However, instead of modified paychecks, voided paychecks and the total number of voided checks will appear in the items to send screen.
That’s all about this topic, hope you find it informative, and now you can cancel the direct deposit in QuickBooks payroll yourself. Still, if you have any kind of doubts regarding this topic then you can make a discussion with our certified QuickBooks ProAdvisors for effective solutions.