How to cancel direct deposit in QuickBooks Payroll
- Last Updated on: August 27th, 2018
- Posted by: admin
- Category: QuickBooks Payroll
One of the best features of QuickBooks is Direct Deposit. Direct deposit saves time on QuickBooks Payroll and QuickBooks allows you to use this process for both vendor and employees. But how to cancel direct deposit paycheck in Intuit payroll this is one of the most common question user asked while using Intuit payroll service.
In today’s article, we have tried to sort out this problem for users. Follow the specific steps carefully and resolve your problem.
If you have any things to discuss with our expert team, you are most welcome. Call at QuickBooks customer service phone number +1-855-441-4417 to talk with them.
Steps to check the status of the payroll:
- Go to the top menu bar, select Employees and then My Payroll Service and then Account/Billing Information.
- After that, Log in using your Intuit Account login.
- Select View Payroll Activity in the Direct Deposit part.
- After that, type your Direct Deposit PIN.
- Look for the payroll circulation with the check that needs to be stopped.
Related article: When do direct deposits post in QuickBooks?
Importance of things to consider before you move on:
- The cancellation process must be done before 5:00 p.m. specific time and 2 banking days before the paycheck date. For example, if the date of the check is Saturday, you can cancel or stop it only before Thursday.
- If the direct deposit has been offloaded for ACH process, it can’t be undone by Intuit.
If you must stop or void a direct deposit paycheck you sent to Intuit to process, consider the following:
- Once the direct deposit has submitted for ACH processing, Intuit cannot stop or prevent the direct deposit from being posted to your employee’s bank account.
- ACH processing submissions of direct deposit occur at exactly 5 p.m. (PST), two banking days prior to the paycheck date.
- You must submit any paycheck void or stop request before 5 p.m. (PST), two banking days prior to the paycheck date.
Related article: Request a direct deposit limit increase
How to cancel a direct deposit chase in QuickBooks Payroll:
Follow these easy steps and cancel a direct deposit on QuickBooks Payroll
- On the top menu select Employees Edit/Void Paychecks.
- On the edit page select the Show paychecks through dates to the dates of a check and press tab on the keyboard.
- To check the question click on the Void.
- In the pop-up box, enter the yes and click Void.
- Now you click on terms and condition box of the paycheck.
- Once the checks have been voided, close the edit/void paycheck window. after the check is voided.
- Top of the bar click the Employees and send the payroll data.
- Then click on the send but you will not get any deposit to send.
- Before the paycheck has been voided by looking in your bank register that is used to pay employees. The memo line will show a modification has been to check.
Follow each and every step carefully to cancel the direct deposit payroll. But in case if you are facing any problems while set-up you can get help from our QuickBooks Payroll support. They will guide you on how to solve the problems.