One of the best features of QuickBooks is Direct Deposit in terms of Payroll. Direct deposit in QuickBooks save time & allows you to use this process for both vendor and employees. But most users don’t know how to cancel direct deposit paycheck in Intuit payroll. This is one of the most common question users asked while using Intuit payroll service.
In today’s article, we have tried to sort out this problem for users. Follow the specific steps carefully and resolve your problem.
If you have any things to discuss with our expert team, you are most welcome. Call at QuickBooks customer service phone number +1-844-541-8444 to talk with them.
Easy Steps to check the status of the payroll:
- Go to the top menu bar, select Employees and then My Payroll Service and then Account/Billing Information.
- After that, Log in using your Intuit Account login.
- Select View Payroll Activity in the Direct Deposit part.
- After that, type your Direct Deposit PIN.
- Look for the payroll circulation with the check that needs to be stopped.
Related article: When do direct deposits post in QuickBooks?
Importance of things to consider
- The cancellation process must be done before 5:00 p.m. specific time and 2 banking days before the paycheck date. For example, if the date of the check is Saturday, you can cancel or stop it only before Thursday.
- If the direct deposit has been offloaded for the ACH process, it can’t be undone by Intuit.
If you must stop or void a direct deposit paycheck you sent to Intuit to process, consider the following:
- Once the direct deposit has submitted for ACH processing, Intuit cannot stop or prevent the direct deposit from being posted to your employee’s bank account.
- ACH processing submissions of direct deposit occur at exactly 5 p.m. (PST), two banking days prior to the paycheck date.
- You must submit any paycheck void or stop request before 5 p.m. (PST), two banking days prior to the paycheck date.
How To Cancel or void the paycheck
It is important to void a check before 5:00 p.m. Pacific Time, and 2 banking days prior to the paycheck date.
- Go to the top menu bar, and click on Employees, and later click on Edit/Void Paychecks.
- Now, on the Edit/Void Paychecks screen, you have to change both the Show paychecks through/from dates to the date of the check, and click the Tab key on your keyboard.
- Click on the check-in question, and choose Void.
- Now a pop-up box will display on your screen, type ‘yes‘, and click on Void.
- If you agree, click on the checkbox asking you agree to the terms and conditions of voiding the paycheck.
- Now, you have to repeat the earlier steps as required to cover all checks that need to be voided.
- Close the Edit/Void Paychecks window once your check has been voided.
- Click on Employees, and choose to Send Payroll Data.
- Click on Send. You will not view any direct deposit check to send. This is because this step has been taken to allow QuickBooks Desktop to connect to the server to detect if a change has been made and it will be removed from direct deposit.
- Make sure the paycheck is zeroed by looking at your bank register used to pay employees. The memo line will show that an amendment has been made to the check. It can say: “Zero paycheck payroll service fund recovered.” On the check of payroll liability, the memo line may say: “Adjusted for voided paychecks.” No confirmation report will be sent for void payment.
Requirements to cancel direct deposit in QuickBooks Payroll
Check out the list of requirements for How to cancel direct deposit in QuickBooks Payroll
- Two days before the paycheck date, you must deposit any void paycheck or stop the request before 5 pm(PST).
- Intuit cannot prevent or restrict you from depositing directly into your employee’s bank account, once the direct deposit for ACH processing is deposited,
- ACH processing submissions for direct deposit take place at 5 pm, two days before the paycheck date.
- Although errors are rare, there have been some reports of users losing data after direct deposit cancellation. Creating a backup file may prove to be better in the event of a system crash or failure.
Steps To check the status of the payroll
Before considering How to cancel the direct deposit in QuickBooks Payroll, let’s first discuss the steps to check the status of the payroll.
- First, go to the top menu bar, and click on Employees
- Next, click on My Payroll Service
- Click on the Account/Billing Information.
- You have to Sign in using your Intuit Account Login.
- Later, go to View Payroll Activity in the direct deposit section.
- Now enter your Direct Deposit PIN.
- Later check that needs to be stopped by viewing for the payroll transmission.
Related article: Request a direct deposit limit increase
How to cancel a direct deposit in QuickBooks Payroll
Follow these easy steps and cancel a direct deposit in QuickBooks Payroll
- On the top menu select Employees Edit/Void Paychecks.
- On the edit page select the Show paychecks through dates to the dates of a check and press tab on the keyboard.
- To check the question click on the Void.
- In the pop-up box, enter the yes and click Void.
- Now you click on terms and condition box of the paycheck.
- Once the checks have been voided, close the edit/void paycheck window. after the check is voided.
- Top of the bar click the Employees and send the payroll data.
- Then click on the send but you will not get any deposit to send.
- Before the paycheck has been voided by looking in your bank register that is used to pay employees. The memo line will show a modification has been to check.
Follow each and every step carefully to cancel the direct deposit in QuickBooks. But in case if you are facing any problems while set-up you can get help from our QuickBooks Payroll support. They will guide you on how to solve the problems.
If Send Payroll Data window does not show voided Direct deposit
Note: If nothing has been edited on the paycheck other than avoiding it so you should follow these steps.
- Go to the voided paycheck in question.
- Delete the information in the Memo field.
- Now, click Save & Close.
- Re-open the paycheck.
- Go to the Right-click and select Void Paycheck.
- Click Save & Close.
- Now you see the voided paycheck should show in the Send Payroll Data window.
You may also like: