If you decide to compare QuickBooks Online vs Desktop then there is one main and important difference you already know, the installation process, where desktop requires installation on a computer but online don’t. The QuickBooks desktop is much better for the typical work with inventory needs for the Product-based businesses. But if your business is service-based or you need multiple devices to manage your business then you must choose QuickBooks Online.
There is a large number of small businesses that use QuickBooks desktop. But there is another fact is that most of the small businesses are moving to the online version of the accounting platform. And the fact you don’t know about is that the 80% of new QB users are choosing QuickBooks Online vs Desktop?
Now you want to find out the differences between QuickBooks Online vs Desktop whether you’re using QuickBooks for the very first time or you want a change for your QuickBooks Accounting software. Here see the Differences between QuickBooks Online vs Desktop:
QuickBooks Online vs Desktop: Some Important But Common Facts:
Well, both have various features in common it totally depends on you which one would you choose for your company. And, maximum decisions are taken by the users based on their company’s needs. So, let’s know some more facts about them that are common in both:
- Both provide online banking and access to credit card payment.
- Have memorizing transactions and report features.
- Includes reports, budget and company snapshots.
- Have facilities for billing and invoicing.
- And, also provides access to the tax reforms.
Now, if I talk about job costing and document management these features are also available in QB online and Desktop. Multi-user access is also available in both but that can depend on the kind of software you use. There might be questions in your mind that where do the products differ? Where do they excel? So, to know the answer let’s find out more.
QuickBooks Desktop Advantages
In business, it is difficult to manage large amounts of inventory and job costing. But, Quickbooks Desktop provides special features and advantages so that no such problems are faced by the users. You will find many features that QB Desktop provides but QB Online does not.
Related Article: How to Move and Reinstall QuickBooks to a New Computer?
- It includes Price Levels.
- Has the ability to create Invoices in Batch.
- Provides Billing Rate Levels.
- Batch Enter Transactions and Timesheets.
- Progress Invoicing and billing features.
- Has a Job Costing Module & Reports feature.
- Includes Payroll job Costing and Labor Burden Costing.
- Provides Mileage Tracking.
- It can change orders on Estimates and also Markup Column.
- It has the Industry Specific Reporting feature.
- Provides multiple Vendor Ship to Addresses.
- Includes Business Planner, Forecasting, Balance Sheet by class.
- Offers the Average Cost Inventory Valuation Method.
- Provides Set and Maintain Inventory Reorder Points.
- Has features of Build Assembles or Manufacturing.
- Includes Sales Orders and Unit of Measure.
- Has Backup and Restore feature.
- Provides Client Data Review tools.
- Includes QB Statement Writer.
- It does not provide the facility to post to Additional AR/AP Accounts.
Generally, a higher number of reporting options are available to the user.
QuickBooks Online Advantages
Moving further, let’s find out the benefits of QB Online that cannot be found in Desktop. The best part about QB Online is that it provides free unlimited customer support and lower overhead cost.
- Automatically schedule, send invoices and reports.
- It is easy to attach documents, images, signatures and also more to transactions using the mobile device anywhere.
- You can use Audit Log to review actions and easily track changes over time.
- Provides automatic upgrade of the software.
- Includes multiple budgets per fiscal year.
- Has seamless integration with 3rd party apps.
- You can use Management Reports to build a presentation.
- Provides the facility of Auto-add to register and is implemented by Bank rules.
QuickBooks Online vs. Desktop: What’s your choice?
Well, we can help you out with that. According to me, the easiest way to make a right choice between them is you need to first look at the features that QB Desktop has and QB Online doesn’t and then ask yourself to make a right decision:
- Is the organization focused on the services or on the inventory?
- You need to ask yourself whether you need flexibility and mobility of access from any location, or the comfort of access in a stable workplace, such as the main office?
- What would you prefer user-friendly software with simpler operations, or a bit more complex?
These are some questions, after answering them you will get a better idea of which software would work best for you and your company.
Note: You need to remember one thing that Intuit is investing more in their mobile products as compared to their desktop products. That’s the reason their online products will only get better and better. Generally, online software is better in various ways.
It includes your own communication with your bookkeeper or accountant and also provides internal communication.
Although I know it’s not an easy task to answer. But I would suggest to you that always consult with your bookkeeper or accountant before deciding.
Ask for more of this topic or get QuickBooks Support, Call toll-free +1-855-441-4417.
QuickBooks Online vs Desktop
QuickBooks Desktop is best for product-based business & QuickBooks Online is best for Service-based business