QuickBooks is a great accounting software by which any business person can run a business from anywhere anytime. You can connect your bank account with QuickBooks automatically to manage all your bank transactions. Adding Payments to your QuickBooks Point of Sale (POS) makes credit card processing easy and fast.
POS is integrated with QuickBooks and encrypted for the protection of your customer’s data. But sometimes users faces some POS issues with their running devices. Let’s discuss some common QuickBooks POS errors and their troubleshooting methods.
Quickbooks Points of Sale Errors And their Troubleshooting Steps:
Server Connecting QuickBooks Point of Sale Workstation to Data File
In most instances, there can be a problem in server connection which can be solved by rebooting the client system. If it does not solve the problem, follow the steps in this exact order:
- First, switch off the workstation of QuickBooks Point of Sale.
- Reboot the server and wait.
- After completing the reboot process, reboot the client workstation.
- Start QuickBooks POS on the client workstation and now it should connect to the QuickBooks POS database file on the server automatically.
Related article: Firewall configuration for QuickBooks Point of Sale
Error message 176103: Unable to activate the product, this error occurs when attempting to validate a Quickbooks for Point of Sale Desktop License.
Reasons for these errors are,
- Enter wrong validation code for an upgrade copy of point to sale
- The license number is not correct
- The computer system date may be set incorrectly.
Troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue are given below,
- To verify that the right validation code is used
- The validation code should be entered without spaces.
- Go to the windows start button then right-click and choose Open Windows Explorer.
- Now, click Organize and choose Folder and Search options,
- Click on View Tab
- Select show hidden files and folders
- Click to clear the Hide protected operating files checkbox.
- When you see the warnings, click Yes> Ok
Error Code 176109
This error occurs when you upgrade your Point of Sale to a newer version or when you are adding more users or adding a client license to an existing Point of Sale network or if you have inserted an incorrect product key.
You should verify the product code by using simple ways:
Click on Help, then choose About Point of Sale and look for the Product Number. If the product number is correct, make sure you are logged into Windows as the administrator. Once if you have eliminated administrator rights then files in the Point of Sale Client Entitlement folder can damage.
To repair these damaged files, do the following steps:
- Click the Start button then Control Panel and select Folder Options.
- Select the View tab and choose Show hidden files, folders, or drives.
- Then click OK.
- Click the Local Disk (C:) > Program Data > Intuit > Entitlement Client > v8. [Windows 7 and Vista]
Browse to Local Disk (C:) > Program Data > Intuit > Entitlement Client > v8. [Windows 8]
- Select all of the files in the folder and delete them.
- Now launch QuickBooks POS.
- If the problem still persists, you need to re-install the QuickBooks Point of Sale.
Related article: QuickBooks Point Of Sale Invalid Product Number
If system resources are low or point of sale Database manager may not be working. We provide the solutions for these problems,
- Click Ok to the error 100 Dialog Box
- Now Restart your computer
- Now open the point of sale application
- If the error persists:
1. Windows 7 or Vista
2. Click start
3. Go to all programs
5. Click Run
- Enter services.msc in the open field then click OK.
- Now, click on the QB database Manager vXX and select Start (vXXX- The Highest QBPOS version you see)
- Choose start (in case of start is unavailable)
Error code 175305: Storage Exchange error
This error caused by either,
- Windows firewall is interfering with the store exchange process. You can configure firewall manually to resolve this issue.
- You are not logged into Microsoft windows as an administrator
- Go to the File menu
- Select Preferences and Click Company
- Now click multi-store and select store Exchange
- Take note of the current preference
- Choose Not Used for each store and click save
- Now, File> Company Prefrences> Multistore> Store Exchange.
- Re-enter the original company preferences for each store’s communication method and click Save.
- Now perform another cycle of Store Exchange (Stores> Send File)
Some Installation Errors for Specific Update Releases
If you are upgrading from POS 12.0 R1 to R4 and opening the company data file, it may cause a longer time than normal. It occurs the first time when the file is opened after the R4 installation or any subsequent patch after R4 from R1.
To fix this error, keep in mind some points and follow the steps below:
- Available Disk Space on C Drive must be three times the size of the company data file.
Note: Less space available may cause issues upon the upgrade.
- Upgrade all workstations to R4 release to prevent connectivity issues or store exchange processes
- Never cancel the update after it starts; allow the upgrade of the database to complete before using POS.
Related article: QuickBooks Point of Sale Error 100060
QuickBooks Point of Sale Financial Exchange Error
When the users try to enter the received inventory in the software and when attempts to QB financial software to run an inventory report, no money displayed in the inventory assets. Check the solution given below,
In Financial, check the activity log, financial center to see if you are getting any financial exchange errors. If you are the log, the log will give you a clue as to what’s wrong in this. If something is missing in QB so it comes usually.
- Go to the File and check your default mapping accounts
- Then select prefrences> company > Accounts.
Access violation error messages
The most common reason for this error is low system resources or Point of Sale being on an older release. It is also caused by faulty memory, a damaged device driver, spyware, background processes or if you try to access memory by a program that it doesn’t have permission to use.
To fix this error, do follow some simple steps below:
- Update your program to the most current release.
- Close and reopen the Point of Sale.
- If the issue stills occur then close the Point of Sale and restart your computer.
Note: If this resolves the error, ensure that you restart your computer once a day.
The second possible reason for this error is damage of the data file or program file. To fix it, do some simple steps:
- Switch to the Practice Mode in Point of Sale using the practicing company that is included with Point of Sale.
- Repeat the steps in the practicing company that caused the error in your regular company file.
- If the error recurs with the practicing company:
- Uninstall and reinstall the Point of Sale.
- After that Switchback from the practice mode to your regular file and repeat the steps there so that the error should not recur.
Tha’s all in this article. you can also contact our customer service team at +1-855-441-4417 to resolve our issues.