Intuit introduces a new version of QuickBooks so it’s easy to say goodbye QuickBooks 2014 and work with the latest version of QuickBooks. Intuit announced the date May 31, 2017, for the discontinuation of QuickBooks 2014 version, after this date it’s no longer supported. So, it is better to upgrade if you are using QuickBooks 2014. Let’s discuss about the discontinuation policy.
QuickBooks 2014 Discontinuation Policy
After discontinuation, you will be restricted with the following features:
- Basic QuickBooks 2014 product will continue working
- If you want to use new features of QuickBooks latest version so you upgrade the latest version of QuickBooks.
- Live technical support does not exist after the date of May 31, 2017.
- Also, Intuit will not provide good support to register products or retrieve keywords after the date.
This decision will be affecting the following Intuit products:
- QuickBooks Pro 2014
- QB Premier 2014
- QuickBooks Accountant 2014
- QB for Mac 2014
- QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions V14
What will be the Effect of after ending Intuit QuickBooks 2014 discontinuation?
- Employer Organiser: You have no longer accessible with this information.
- Basic, Standard and Enhanced Payroll: you will no longer automatically calculate correct payroll taxes, provide update forms, or send your payroll data because QuickBooks 2014 stop working.
- Workers Comp: QuickBooks 2014 will no longer support the process Workers Comp Payments through QuickBooks 2014.
- ViewMyPaycheck: This facility no longer supports for you and your employees.
- Live Technical Support will longer be work with you.
- If your support plan expires so Online Backup will no longer be available.
- Online banking facilities like, downloading transactions or sending/receiving online payments, will no longer work.
- Otherwise, if you attempt to download, so QuickBooks is unable to verify the financial Institutions Information for this Download.
- QuickBooks Merchant Services: This service should no longer process Credit card transactions through QuickBooks 2014. You use the credit card through the terminal. If you are a terminal download customer, you just can’t download them to QuickBooks 2014.
- 1099: 1099 wizard, you might not be able to launch. And you continue to work on and able to use an add-on 1099 e filing services.
- Automatic credit card Billing: This service does not work and you won’t be able to download transactions. Also, you don’t see the user profile related information and you will not be able to access the data you entered here.
- QuickBooks 2014 does not longer support Intuit Check solutions.
- Bill pay facility no longer be available.
- No longer support for the Accountant’s Copy File Transfer(ACFT) service.
- Contributed Reports: You should not be able to access any new reports on that platform. And you also not be able to contribute reports.
- QuickBooks email also should no longer be available for services listed earlier.
Why You Need To Upgrade?
Intuit adds some extra features with the release of every new version.
- New & improved features of QuickBooks Pro
- New & improved features in QuickBooks Enterprise 2018
- QuickBooks Accountant Desktop Plus 2018
- Users have the difficulties related to the how the password system works. Now, hopefully you will find the resolution.
- Have the system requirements changed? System requirements is depends on our needs when we are not compatible with the oldest version of a system, so we change it. Update the windows 8 in windows 8.1 and if you are using windows 7 you have moved up to Windows 7 Sp1.
- QuickBooks 2017 is not supported by Windows Vista or Windows XP, it only supports Windows server 2012 R2 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1.
- Converting your QuickBooks Company file, after upgrading QuickBooks data should be relatively painless going from QB 2014 to 2017.
- Firstly you make the backup of the company file if facing the problem related to the database, its help you. You take the help of a consultant if you have any problems related to updating. You install the QuickBooks after updating it and open the old file in a new program and you see the QuickBooks 2017 will handle the conversion automatically.
- If you are a QuickBooks consultant, don’t be afraid of the new features of QB 2017. You are able to help the client and provide the better suggestion for the understanding of QuickBooks latest version. Sometimes new things are difficult but we try to ease them for others and you do extra efforts for taking more advantage.
For furthur assistance with QuickBooks problems, Dial our QuickBooks support Number +1-855-441-4417 toll-free.