How To Set Up Multiple Users in QuickBooks Online
- Last Updated on: September 29th, 2017
- Posted by: admin
- Category: QuickBooks Online
In today article we will discuss How to Set Up Multiple Users in QuickBooks Online.
One of the major benefits of QuickBooks Online is that you can share your QuickBooks data with other people. It commonly used to give your accountant, bookkeeper or tax professional access to your data. In which firstly you log in for QuickBooks account then see your business and financial data, and do your bookkeeping for you from their office without having to bother you.
The QuickBooks online accounting software can be used anywhere and anytime.
How Do I Give My Accountant Access To My QuickBooks Online Account
Let’s discuss how to give my accountant to my QuickBooks online account. QuickBooks allow you invite up to two accountants to access your QuickBooks data.
STEP 1:– Navigate To Manage Users
- Firstly click on the Gear icon to the left your company name.
- Then select the Manage Users which is located under the Your Company.
STEP 2:– Send Invite To Accountant
- Secondly, click on the Invite Accountant button as indicated.
- Then Enter Your Account E-mail address.
STEP 3:- Set Up Is Complete
- Then you send the invite some steps are following.
- When your account receives an email that contains a link for signing into your QuickBooks online account.
- Firstly your accountant will be asked to create a user id before signing the first time.
- If your accountant signs in then the status show on the manage user page is “invited”.After accepting the invitation they change the message.then they show message “Active”.
- By default, your accountant will be given “Company Administrator” privileges for performing like closing your books for prior periods.
- Note: The Invite Could Go To Their Spam/Junk Folder.
Why Is Important To Give Other Users (Beyond Your Accountant) Access To Your QuickBooks Data
- After then we discuss why is important to give other users access to your QuickBooks data.If you can certainly benefit from giving your accountant access to your QuickBooks data.So this software may not only one person, you would like to share your account with.
- For Example:- If you want to share your data with a business partner.You also want to give your tax professional access to your QuickBooks data so she or he can obtain the financial reports that are needed to prepare your tax return without you having to drive over to their offices or run the report to your self.
How To Give Other Users Access To Your QuickBooks Online Data
- Finally, we discuss how to give other users access to your QuickBooks online data.Once you have decided who to give access to your QuickBooks data.
- If you need to decide when the information they need access.
- Then QuickBooks allows you to grant limited access to users who need to see everything.
- Below you find the steps to give other users access to your QuickBooks data in just a few minutes.
- Then following some steps.
STEP 1:- Navigate To Manage Users
Firstly you click on the Gear icons to the left of your company name. Then select the Manage Users which is located under the Your Company column as indicated.
STEP 2:- Create A New User
Click on the New button as indicated below.
STEP 3:- Select User Type
There are four types of user that you can choose from.
- Regular Or Custom User:- In which you specify which areas of QuickBooks online plus this user can access. It is great for someone who does not need access to everything in QuickBooks, but just specific area.
- Company Administrator:- The company administrator has all access rights within QuickBooks online. They also have all access right for every other service your company too. It accesses your additional services you may have through QuickBooks such as payroll or payments. This level of access should be limited to decision maker only.
- Reports Only:– In which the user signs into the special version of QuickBooks online plus that shows report only. This type of user can access virtually all reports, except payroll reports, vendors or employees. This type of user does not count towards your current user limit.
- Time Tracking Only:- This type of user signs into a special version of QuickBooks online plus. They use a special version that only timesheet. The time tracking the only user can fill out and change his or her own time sheets but not other users time sheets. This type of user does not count towards your current user limit.
There are four types of user access rights you can set in QuickBooks online.
- All Access Rights:- In which all access rights will give the user unlimited access to all of your QuickBooks data. In which the only access that is not included here is administrative rights.
- No Access Rights:- It is the complete opposite of all access rights.The no access right does not include access to any of the QuickBooks data. So it will allow the user to manage other services like you may subscribe to such as payroll and payments. It is only access that is not included here is administrative rights.
- Limit Customers And Sales Access Rights:- It allows you to grant access for just customer and sales.
- Note:- You do need someone to perform any of the tasks listed under the what they can not do section, you will not be able for select limited access for this user.Then instead you will have to grant them all access.Then you can perform all these tasks.
- Limited Vendors And Purchase Access Rights:- Its allows you to grant access to just vendors and purchases.
- Note:-You do need someone to perform any of the tasks listed under the what they can not do section, you will not be able for select limited access for this user.Then instead you will have to grant them all access.Then you can perform all these tasks.
STEP 5:- Set Up User Administrative Rights
- In which step you are given the option to grant administrative privileges for a regular or a custom user.
- Anyone who has administrative rights can make the following changes without your permission.
- Firstly you add or delete and change access right for users.
- Secondly, you change company information like company name, tax id etc.
- Third one adds new services.
- You can cancel your QuickBooks subscription.
- You also have the option for giving the user View Only access if necessary.
STEP 6:– Then you have selected the access rights, you need to enter an e-mail address for the new user.
STEP 7:– Set Up Is Complete
- Then you send the invite, the following will occur.
- In QuickBooks online, the new user receives an e-mail that contains a link for signing into your QuickBooks account.
- The new user will be asked to create a user id before signing for the first time.
- Then new user sign in the QuickBooks online account then the QuickBooks online account shows the status on the manage user page is”Invited “.
- After accepting the invitation their status changes into “Active”.
We have tried to provide a clean and easy representation of all steps. However, If you are unable to perform any action or need support; you can call on our QuickBooks Online Support Number +1-855-441-4417.
Watch this video to learn more about How To Set Up Multiple Users In QuickBooks Online.
How can Set Up the Products and Services List In QuickBooks Online
How to Set Up Vendors in QuickBooks Online
How to Set Up Invoices, Sales Receipts & Estimates in QuickBooks Online
How to Set Up Customers in QuickBooks Online