Want to fix error code 176109, QuickBooks Point of sale invalid product number? In this article, we have discussed the details of error code 176109. Read the article to understand it in a better way, its causes, and different methods to fix it. Go through the solutions and follow the steps to resolve the error code 176109. Still, having an issue contact QuickBooks ProAdvisor toll-free: +1-844-405-0904
QuickBooks is the best accounting software for businesses due to its accurate function, faster working as well as different software versions. While using the software, QuickBooks Point Of Sale Invalid Product Number is one of the most common errors.
This error happens when users try to open or register Point of Sale, then the user sees the following error: Error code 176109: Invalid Product Code or Invalid Product Number. Here in this post, read the instruction to fix this error
This may arise due to one of the following: The Point of Sale Entitlement folder contains damaged files. 176109 is a common Point of sale error code format used by Windows. This error means that some authentication files are missing or corrupted.
Why Error code 176109 is Happening
This may happen due to the following error.
* POS Entitlement folder contains damaged files.
* During POS installation, an incorrect product code has been used
* You are not logged into Windows as an administrator
How to deal with Error code 176109 QuickBooks Point Of Sale Invalid Product Number
We have mention two solutions to this problem. You can try one of them or both, it totally depends. If the first solution solves your problem, don’t need to try the second. Read the solution very carefully and follow them step by step :
Solution 1: Delete the contents of the Point Of Sale entitlement folder and try again
- Right-click on the Start button and choose File Explorer.
- Then, click the View tab and check the Hidden items check-box.
- After checking the hidden box, Navigate in the left window to C:\Program Data\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8
- Select all the files in the folder and press Delete
- For the registration open Point of Sale again and complete the process
Windows 7 and Vista
- Right-click on the Start button and Open Windows Explorer
- Click Organize and select Folder and Search Options
- Click the View tab, select Show hidden files and folders
- Then, Navigate in the left window to C:\Program Data\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8
- Select all the files in the folder and then press Delete
- For the registration open Point of Sale again and complete the process.
Solution 2: Renaming the WS Activity file
- Use the windows explorer, and go with the path C:\Program Data\Intuit\QuickBooks Point of Sale XX\Ini.
- Now look for the WS Activity, and click on it.
- Next click on Rename.
- Insert OLD WS Activity and click anyplace on your screen to Save.
- Later, quit all the windows.
- Remove the entitlement folder.
- Next, reopen the QuickBooks Point of Sale.
Solution 3: Perform a clean install of QuickBooks Point of Sale
If the above resolutions do not work for you to solve the problem, then you have to re-install of the QuickBooks Point of Sale. Always remember, first create the backup of the files Before performing the clean install. Check out the below steps to re-install the QuickBooks Point of Sale:
Step 1: Uninstall QuickBooks Point of Sale
- First, go to the control panel.
- Next, look for the Program and Features and click on it.
- Now, on the list of Programs, click on QuickBooks Point of Sale and next click on uninstall.
- Go with the on-screen instruction to finish the whole process.
Step 2: Rename all the Point of Sale Folders
- Go to the point of Sale folders and Add .OLD at the end of every folder. This prevents QuickBooks from identifying folders to create new ones
Step 3: Re-install the Point of Sale
Now, you need to again re-install the QuickBooks point of Sale, Follow the steps to install the Point of Sale. If you have any trouble when installing QuickBooks POS then feel free to contact our QuickBooks Helpline toll-free+1-844-405-0904.
Step 4: Restore the company files
- Go to your QuickBooks Point of Sale, and create a new company file and be sure to restore the backup created.
- Go to the Point of Sale to confirm whether the issue is resolved.
- Register QuickBooks Point of Sale again.
I hope using these two solutions, you will be able to resolve your issue. Still, if you need to contact QuickBooks support for help, you can dial our contact number: +1-844-405-0904.