If you want to customize company reports in QuickBooks to fit your personal style and business needs you can do it with the help of QuickBooks preferences.Preferences permit the user to choose how they want QuickBooks to manage things or to set own preferences. Preferences can be found by going to the top of the QuickBooks Main Page and selecting Edit, Preferences.
Here we are describing everything related to QuickBooks preferences. but still, if you have any query and want to know how to set up QuickBooks preferences, then Contact our QuickBooks Support Helpline +1-855-441-4417
For setting your company preferences in QuickBooks
- Go to the QB Edit menu and click Preferences.
- After that, click on the preferences window, choose Reports and Graphs on the left side then click on My Preferences or Company Preferences option.
Read article: How to Set Up Company Information in QuickBooks Online
You can use settings option only on your user account, but this tab, let you set QuickBooks works for you.
- Just make sure prompt me to modify report option is checked before opening a report. Then
- every time you create a report, the modify report window opens automatically.
- When refreshing occur, set report and graph preferences to determine.
- Prompt to me refresh: every time when a report gets to refresh a prompt message comes to the screen to show you that the report or graph need to be refreshed.
- Refresh automatically: every time when you make any changes in report QuickBooks Desktop automatically refresh it. If you want to disclose the most recent changes you made in report or graph, then select this option.
Note: this one is more slowest of these 3 options. If you working with a report or graph in a multi-user environment, You face a long interruption if there are other users making changes to QuickBooks Desktop data, maybe that cause QB to refresh the report/graph.
- Don’t refresh: QB Desktop leaves you can specify reports and graphs in QuickBooks alone and no prompts the message to interrupt your work. If you need to reflect on report for most current data, then click on refresh
- Graph only preference: these preferences determine that how QuickBooks display graphical reports. The reports are displayed in 3D colored, by default. But you can choose or draw a 2D graph to create a graph bars, pie segments, and legend.
How to setup QuickBooks Company Preferences
This tab you set default report preference for all user’s. here you can change company only when you are the QuickBooks Administrator.
- Summary reports basis define that whether QuickBooks displays reports in Accrual or Cash basis. It uses to most the summary reports but never affect files that list independent transactions, 1099 reports or sales tax liability reports.
- The Aging Reports sets and counting the number of delay days on company report that track unpaid invoices or bills. This preference affects all aging reports, accounts receivable and accounts payable graphs also. change this setting if you have invoices or bills that show the past due on aging reports even though they have not reached the due date yet.
- Age from due date: The overdue days appears on the invoice, statement or bill, that start from the due date that
- Age from transaction date: The overdue days start on the creation date of the invoice, statement or the date of when bill receiving.
- Format: If you click this button, then this button will open the Report Format Preferences window which authorizes you to customize Header or Footer & Fonts and Numbers on QuickBooks reports. You can modify the appearance of the report.
- Reports: Show items by define that how reports display the name of the items.
- Reports: If you need to display account numbers in your reports, click Name and Description or Name only.
- The Classify button: With the help of this button, you can reclassify accounts for Statement of Cash Flows report.
Resolve issues with QuickBooks set report preferences
If your preferences are not working, your report templates are damaged. You can follow these steps:
- Back up the QuickBooks company file.
- Go the Edit menu and then click Preferences.
- Go to the left pane, select Reports & Graphs.
- Choose the Company Preferences tab and then click the Format button.
- In the Report Format Preferences window: click on the Header or Footer tab and then click Revert.
- Click on the Fonts & Numbers tab and then click Revert.
- Click OK.
You may also like: How To Set Up Multiple Users in QuickBooks Online