QuickBooks error code 6144 82
- Last Updated on: November 27th, 2018
- Posted by: admin
- Category: QuickBooks Error
Hi, how are you? Hope you are doing well. In today’s blog post we are going to discuss one of the most occurring error code i.e. QuickBooks Error Code 6144 82. This occurs most of the time while opening any company file which is used by any other application. Learn how to fix and resolve it. We are mentioning step by step instruction.
Follow them to fix it. However, if you want to hire an expert technician, you may call our QuickBooks Error support phone number +1-855-441-4417.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 6144 82
The major symptoms of this error code are mentioned below:
- When error code 6144 82 shows up, it will crash your any open application.
- The computer may hang much time running the same program.
- A dialog box will appear displaying the following message:
- “Error -6144 -82: QuickBooks has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.”
- The response time of Windows slow down & it reacts slowly to any user input.
- PC may freeze for a few time.
When these -6144 -82 QuickBooks warning messages get displayed
- Most of the time it occurs while installing any program and QuickBooks is open in the background.
- While starting your desktop or shutting it down.
- It may also occur when installing the operating system on your computer.
The reason behind the occurrence of error -6144 -82
These are some of the possible reason behind the occurrence of this error:
- Your download is incomplete or QuickBooks is not installed properly.
- Your registry gets corrupted due to any recent install or uninstalls of any program.
- The PC may be affected due to any malware or virus. The virus may have to delete any important QB or window file. Try to fix it by deep clean using any strong antivirus.
- There is a possibility that any other program may have deleted some of the QB Company files.
- Any damage to hard disk or RAM may also lead to loss of data and file.
- This can also happen due to change in the setting of network connection resulting any error.
The above messages play an important role in handling and fixing any error codes. Knowing the exact reason helps in fixing it both effectively and efficiently.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 6144 82
- 1: Try to fix Registry Entries related to Error 6144 82
- 2: Try to deep clean your PC using any strong antivirus or security program.
- 3: Use any junk OR disc cleaner program to clean out your PC Junk (Temporary Files and Folders)
- 4: Check whether you are using an outdated driver. If found, update them.
- 5: You can perform “Undo” operation to restore any recent computer changes.
- 6: After that, you should try to uninstall & reinstall any QuickBooks Program related to Error 6144 82
- 7: Launch Windows System File Checker (“SFC /scan now”)
- 8: Check for any Window update and install it.
- 9: Do a Clean Installation of Windows.
Hope, you find this article handy and useful. If you are unable to sort out this, you may hire our expert to fix this for you. Contact our QuickBooks Customer service team or QuickBooks Enterprise support phone number +1-855-441-4417 to have a chat with our expert. Thanks for visiting!