QuickBooks error code 6144 82 usually occurs when there is an incorrectly configured system settings or due to any inconsistencies in the Windows registry. This occurs most of the time while opening any company file which is used by any other application.
Here in this article learn how to fix and resolve this issue. We will guide you step by step instructions or solutions to resolve QuickBooks Error 6144 82.
Follow the below instructions to fix this error. However, if you want to hire an expert technician, or seek for the instant tech help to resolve your issue then you can call our QuickBooks support phone number +1-855-441-4417.
- Symptoms of QuickBooks Error Code 6144 82
- When this QuickBooks error code -6144 -82 warning messages get displayed
- The reason behind the occurrence of error -6144 -82
- Solutions To Fix QuickBooks Error Code 6144 82
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error Code 6144 82
The major symptoms of this error code are mentioned below:
- When error code 6144 82 shows up, it will crash your open application.
- The computer may hang much time running the same program.
- A dialog box will appear displaying the following message:
- “Error -6144 -82: QuickBooks has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.”
- The response time of Windows slows down & it reacts slowly to any user input.
- PC may freeze for a few times.
When this QuickBooks error code -6144 -82 warning messages get displayed
- Most of the time it occurs while installing any program and QuickBooks is open in the background.
- While starting your desktop or shutting it down.
- It may also occur when installing the operating system on your computer.
The reason behind the occurrence of error -6144 -82
These are some of the possible reason behind the occurrence of this error:
- Your download is incomplete or QuickBooks is not installed properly.
- Your registry gets corrupted due to any recent install or uninstalls of any program.
- The PC may be affected due to any malware or virus. The virus may have to delete any important QB or window files. Try to fix it by deep clean using any strong antivirus.
- There is a possibility that any other program may have deleted some of the QB Company files.
- Any damage to hard disk or RAM may also lead to loss of data and file.
- This can also happen due to change in the setting of network connection resulting in any error.
Solutions To Fix QuickBooks Error Code 6144 82
Solution 1: Set User Permissions
- Open QuickBooks and go to the Company tab in QuickBooks and look for the users.
- Later, choose the Set Up Users and Roles
- Enter the password to access the information.
- Now, choose the username from the user list.
- Modify your role according to the specification.
Solution 2: Windows Error Repair Tool
- First, you have to download the window application tool
- After downloading, you need to install and install the tool.
- Click on Scan Now, if you get any errors and deviations.
- Click on Repair All to fix all the issues
Solution 3: Rename.TLG and.ND files
- Open QuickBooks, go to the company files location and look for the TLG and.ND files.
- Later click on the .TLG and .ND file and right-click on the file and choose the rename option from the drop-down list.
- Later, start the QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- To open the database server manager, go to the Start menu.
- Choose the Programs and look for the QuickBooks.
- Choose the QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- Here, click on the folder where QuickBooks file is present.
- Later you need to scan the folder and open the file.
Solution 4: Repair Windows Registry
- Go to the Start button of your computer.
- Type “command” in the search box and remember not to press enter.
- Press and hold CTRL-Shift keys on your keyboard, hit ENTER, now you got permission dialog box on your screen.
- Tick on Yes and now here with a blinking cursor, A black box will open on your computer screen.
- Insert “regedit” and hit Enter key.
- In the Registry Editor, choose the Error 6144 82-related option.
- From the File menu, select Export.
- Choose the folder where you desire to save the QuickBooks backup key.
- In the File Name box insert a name for your backup file, such as “QuickBooks Backup.
- In the Export Range box, click on the “Selected branch” option.
- Choose Save. While saving, you need to save it with a .reg file extension.
- Now, you have a backup of your QuickBooks-related registry entry.
Solution 5: Manually Resolve This Error
Step 1: Start the QuickBooks Service Option
- First, go to the QuickBooks, and click on the “Start” icon and choose the “Services” tab.
- In the Services list, look for the “QBCFMonitoringservice” option.
- Next, check that the startup services and are set up in the ‘Automatic Mode’.
- If it is not in automatic mode, then click on the “Radio” button and click onto the “Apply” tab and click on “OK” icon.
Step 2: Alter the Account Type
- Click on the Start or Windows icon on your keyboard.
- Look for the “Control Panel” option and click on the “User Account” option.
- Choose the “Add/Remove User Account” option.
- Later, choose the “QBDserviceuser23” option and change the account type as per the specification by checking the “Administrator User” option.
Step 3: Create the Folders in C Drive
QuickBooks users were about to create a new folder with the name of QB. Later, select the “Read / Write” option for all created folders. The following folders need to be created on drive C:
- Add System
- Add User
Give read/write permission for the whole folder. Next, choose the “share” icon to share all the entire folders of all systems.
Step 4: Copy the QB Company file in New Folder “QB”
It has been examined that files have become corrupt due to file size. As such, it is unable to open on QuickBooks.
- Go to the ‘C Drive’ and look for the “Users” option > “Public” icon > “Public Documents” tab > “Intuit” icon > “QuickBooks” icon >“Company Files” tab. This will show you the default company files location.
- Next, copy and paste the QuickBooks file into a new folder named “QB”. Be sure you do not cut or paste the QB company file into the folder as this can create corruption.
Step 5: Setup the Inbound & Outbound Firewall Rules
- Go to the “Firewall” tab, choose the “Windows Firewall” option.
- Under the “Advanced Settings” option, look for the “Inbound Rules” option >“New Rule” icon > “Port” option. Finally, choose the “Next” option.
|QuickBooks 2015||8019, 56725, 55363-55367|
|QuickBooks 2014||8019, 56724, 55358-55362|
|QuickBooks 2013||8019, 56723, 55353-55357|
|QuickBooks 2012||8019, 56722, 55348-55352|
|QuickBooks 2010||8019, 56721, 55343-55347|
|QuickBooks 2009||8019, 56720, 55338-55342|
|QuickBooks 2009||8019, 56719, 55333-55337|
Step 6: Run QuickBooks database server manager
- Choose the “QuickBooks” icon under the “Programs” list
- Choose the ‘QuickBooks Database Server Manager’ icon in the drop-down list, next, click on the “Add Folder” tab.
- Search & add QuickBooks folder, in the system C Drive. next, minimize this tab.
- Lastly, Choose the “Scan now” option. This will direct you to the scanning method of QuickBooks Company file.
Step 7: Restore the QuickBooks Company Files
- Open/Access the QuickBooks in multi-user mode on your server computer.
- Choose to the “Open & Restore Company File”.
- Choose the QB Company file “Get Back to Business”. Next, click to the open/access the files in the Multi-user mode.
- Verify hosting enabled and proceed to the “File”. Next, choose the “Utilities” option.
- Go to the “Stop Hosting multi-user access” option and click on it. Lastly, the QB Company files will available or accesible on the server computer.
Hope, this article will help you to resolve QuickBooks error code 6144 82. but in case if you are facing any issue or difficulty while performing the above steps, then feel free to contact us on our toll-free +1-855-441-4417 and get instant help from our Intuit Certified ProAdvisor.