QuickBooks Error Server Busy occurs when you working on QuickBooks Desktop. You may see that an error message comes on your screen:
Why does QuickBooks Error server busy happen?
- Another program that is trying to work on QuickBooks Desktop is waiting for your feedback.
- See the Windows Update is running in the background or not.
- QuickBooks Desktop or some of its components were not completely closed when the last time you closed.
- Multiple computers have been set up to host the QuickBooks Desktop Company file.
- Firewall or other security software is blocking the QuickBooks Desktop update.
- There is a conflict between the QuickBooks Update Manager and any other program on the computer.
- A conflict with Intuit ProSeries (US) or profiles (Canada) can be a cause of conflict.
- Your network does not have enough resources to run the QuickBooks Desktop.
Fix QuickBooks Error Server Busy
Check your network resources. Then open the QuickBooks again. If you still receive the error server busy message, proceed with the following solution.
Solution 1: Close All Open Program
- If you have a program open, make sure there is no dialogue box in that program.
For example, a dialog box can open in Microsoft Word that is asking you to save the document. This is one reason that the server busy message may appear.
- These programs have the reason of this error: Norton, Google Desktop, Windows Defender, Vista Security, Pivot Software Control.
- If you try to use selective startup in Windows, you should stop IntuitFCS.
- Webroot Spy Sweeper can cause this message. Disable Spy Sweeper temporarily while using QuickBooks Desktop, or run it in Gamer Mode. For more information, see them in the Webroot Spy Sweeper User Guide.
Solution 2: Check If Windows is Updating or Not
On your Windows taskbar system tray, see whether Windows is installing updates or not. If it is or needs to be installed, let it be done. Restart your computer directed by Windows. If no updates are going on, proceed with the next solution.
Solution 3: Check and Close all QuickBooks Desktop Components
- Close your data file and exit the QuickBooks desktop.
- Do right-click on the window taskbar and select task manager.
- Click on the Process tab.
- Finish one of the following related processes related to QB if they are listed. (Select each process and then click Finish Process.)
- Now, start again QB Desktop & open your data file.
Solution 4: Remove the QuickBooks Update Agent displaying the “Server busy” message
- Open the start menu and select the All programs after select Startup.
- Right-click on the QuickBooks Update Agent, select Delete and then click Delete Shortcut.
- You have to Turn off all shared updates in QuickBooks Desktop:
- Go to the Help menu and press on Update QuickBooks.
- Then, press on the Options window.
- Go for the Share Download option, choose No then close.
If Intuit ProSeries is installed on the computer
- Check Windows Task Manager for QbpsevntXXr.exe (which is the year of XX Intuit ProSeries software).
Note the year of an executable (XX) in a file name.
- Open Explorer Browser.
- Find the and open Intuit ProSeries folder for that year. It is usually C: \ ProWinXX (XX is the year of Intuit ProSeries).
- Open the 32-bit folder.
- Locate qbpsevntXXr.exe, right-click and select Rename.
- Add “.old” to the end of the renamed file.
- Close Windows Explorer.
If the above steps have not resolved your problem, try the following actions with the guidance of the IT professional.
- Boot the SafeMode from Windows with Networking, start QuickBooks Desktop, and then restarting Windows in normal mode will often solve the problem.
- Try running QuickBooks Desktop and take action in Windows Selective Startup and then in Windows Safe Mode.
- If you are running a QuickBooks Desktop on a network, reboot your computer, and then reconnect your computer to all the mapped drives.
- Find out whether the backup or mirroring software is running on the server or network. If so, then it is actively scanning the hard drive, blocking access to QuickBooks desktop files and causing this error. Temporarily disable the software to see if the QuickBooks Desktop problem restarts or not. If it does not, there is a conflict with scanning software that should be solved with help from your system or network administrator (if you have one), the seller from whom they have bought the software or the hardware, the manufacturer or Software developer’s website, or a local computer consultant.
- If security software is installed on the server machine, it can scan new and updated files in the background and therefore lock the template file. To prevent this, either disable the security software or add them. DOC files to the conflict list. For steps on how to do this please see the documentation for your security software.
If you have any other query or still facing Error Server Busy then dial our toll-free QuickBooks error support number +1-855-441-4417.