QuickBooks Desktop Users and Restrictions
- Last Updated on: January 22nd, 2018
- Posted by: admin
- Category: QuickBooks Desktop
In this article, we will talk about how to create, modify and troubleshoot QuickBooks Desktop Users login and restrictions issues. QuickBooks Desktop provides many useful benefits to the QuickBooks users to manage the company data.
Users and Restrictions
- QuickBooks Enterprises provides to the users/customers more detailed restrictions. It is the only version of QuickBooks that can create a “view only” user.
- Modifying the access for one user’s role can disturb all the other users allocated to the same role. If you wanna change access for only one user, Go to duplicate the role, assign the different role to that user, and edit the permissions for the duplicate role.
- You have to do the same process if you wanna adjust a current user, click Edit User instead of selecting Add User. To view the overview of the limitation that you configured for the user profile, highlight the user and click View User.
Steps to Set Up Users
- Go to the Company menu, Select Set Up Users and Password and then Set Up Users.
- Then click Add User.
- After that provide new User Name, Password and Confirm Password.
- Then click Next.
- The following screen will permit you to give user full, selected or no access to individual parts of the company file.
- Modify the restrictions for unusual areas of the company file for the newly created user.
- After done all of this, click Finish.
Create the Account Balances hidden from unauthorized users.
The Main Page shows account balances for accounts receivable, accounts payable, bank, credit card accounts. Whether a QuickBooks Desktop users can see the details of those accounts depend on the permissions allowed to that user.
A user’s access authorization should be restricted in series to keep them from viewing the account balances on the Home Page.
- QuickBooks Pro and Premier
- Go to the Company menu, select Set Up Users and password and then choose Set Up Users.
- Click to the Edit User.
- Then click Next untill you are on the Sensitive Accounting Activities page.
- After that, Select No Access on the Sensitive Accounting Activities screen.
- Then click Next until you reach the end of the interview and click Finish.
- QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions
- From the Company menu, select Set Up Users and Password and choose Set Up Users.
- Then click the Edit User.
- Remember the role assigned to that user in the Assigned Roles section of the Edit User window. that is the role you will change. Click Cancel.
- To the Role List tab, select the role you noted in step 3, and then click Edit.
- After that go to the Area & Activities section, expand the Lists.
- Click Chart of Accounts, and choose None.
- Then click OK to close the Edit Role window, click Close to save your changes.
- The QuickBooks Home page will not show any account balances for users with the modified role.
Rectify Unexpected Results
- Error: There is already a user with that name when adding a new QuickBooks user
- Step 1: First of all, update QuickBooks Desktops to the latest release.
- Step 2: Create or restore a QuickBooks Desktop portable company file.
- Step 3: Resolve data damage on your company file.
- User with full access cannot open Payroll Setup
- You can perform this action if you are the QuickBooks Administrator or an External Accountant. You have to reopen the company file and log in as the admin or External Accountant to do this.
Subordinate users that are not the Admin or External Accountant unable to open the Payroll Setup, even if they have full authority and are in single user mode. The message received is:
Only the QuickBooks admin or an External Accountant has an authority to execute this task. You must reopen the organization file and login as the Admin or External Accountant to do this.
A limitation to the full payroll setup is as designed. Only the QuickBooks Admin or an External Accountant can execute this task. If the other users have full authority, then they can also the change payment method and transform filing method portions of the payroll setup from the payroll center.
- Users without payroll permissions can view payroll information on reports and the calendar.
Solution: Remove Sensitive Reporting
- Sign in as the QuickBooks Admin and edit the user.
- From the Company menu and choose Setup Users and Passwords > Set Up Users.
- Select the user to modify and click Edit User.
- Continue to follow the Change User Password and Access wizard to remove sensitive reporting
Note: If your user needs access to sensitive accounting files like Balance Sheet or Profit & Loss, they will need to have access to this part and will be able to see the names and amounts on paychecks.
- QuickBooks Enterprises Solutions
Solution: Modify the user role
- Sign in as the QuickBooks Admin and edit the user.
- From the Company menu, select Users, go to Set Up Users and then Roles.
- Click the Role List tab, choose the role assigned to the user, then click Edit.
Note: To prevent a user from reach payroll information (employee names on checks/cheque and the money paid), a QuickBooks admin must set user access levels as follows for the role assigned to the user:
|Employees and Payroll||None|
|Centers > Employee Center||None|
|Banking > Checks/Cheques||None|
|Banking > Bank Registers > Paycheck Bank Account||None|
|Reports > Company & Financial > Company & Financial Report Detail||None|
|Reports > Company & Financial > Company & Financial Report Summary||View only (If the user needs it, otherwise set to None)|
|Reports > Employees & Payroll||None|
|Reports > Custom Transaction||None|
|Reports>Accountant and Taxes>Detail and Summary||None|
|Company > Calendar||None|
|Reports > Banking||None|
|Reports > Job Costing||None|
I hope you find this article useful. For more information, you can call our QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1-855-441-4417.