Do you know how to customize Profit and Loss reports in QuickBooks?
QuickBooks has lots of pre-created reports you can customize to show you the information you need the way you want to see it, you can email your customized reports automatically too. Here, how you can do it.
Steps to Customize Profit and Loss reports in QuickBooks
- First of all, Let’s start by customizing a profit and loss report. First of all, to do this from the home screen, click on the Reports tab on the left navigation bar.
- Then, Click on Turn on the payroll tab on the left navigation bar and after that open profit and loss report.
- After an opening of the profit and loss report, click on the customize button.
- After that, you’ll notice that there are many options available for customizing your reports. If you’ve got some time, try playing with the different customization options to see what they do. You won’t hurt anything and you don’t have to save your experiments.
- After that, click on the Header/Footer option and change the report title to profit and loss by month.
- After that, click on Run report to see your custom profit and loss by month report. And then Click on save customization option.
- In the save report customization window, check the add this report to a group box. And then click on add management reports from the menu. And click on OK when you’re finished.
- After that, Save your new report group when you’re finished.
Follow these steps to customize a Profit & Loss Report in QuickBooks Online.
- Go to the Reports menu.
- Choose Profit and Loss from the Business overview section.
- Click the Customize button.
- Update the Report period.
- Select the Filter menu to expand the options.
- You can also mark the Distribution Account checkbox and select the preferred accounts from the drop-down to filter selected accounts.
- If you’re using the class tracking feature, click the Class checkbox then manually select the classes you want to view on the report from the drop-down.
- Click Run report.
Read this article to know how to customize QuickBooks custom reports.
I hope now you are able to get your Profit and loss report to break out different income categories? Meanwhile, if you need any technical support regarding any QuickBooks, feel free to dial our toll-free number +1-855-441-4417 to contact our experts.