In this article, we will talk about the Automated Password Reset Tool for QuickBooks Desktop. By using this reset tool you can reset your lost or forgotten password to access your QuickBooks Company File. Automated Password Reset Tool designed as a “Self Help” tool for users. Read the article to understand the process to download the QB password reset tool, its functions, and the way it works. Go through the article to get all your queries resolved, and understand the usage of the QB automated password recovery tool. For more info contact QuickBooks ProAdvisor toll-free: +1-844-405-0904
Recognizing Security Concerns
Cyberspace concerns have led to the QuickBooks password recovery process. Intuit has always provided the QuickBooks password tool for many years. Furthermore, as the knowledge of using this tool has spread over a large area, it has been misused.
Earlier, it was observed that many people could obtain a QuickBooks company file, authorizing them to obtain and steal the necessary information considering financial and other business data from a personal account. By asking users to insert their Canadian social insurance numbers, QuickBooks has anyhow overcome the increasing cases of fraud.
But, if anyone encounters problems when resetting the QuickBooks password, we have a resolution here. QuickBooks Automatic Password Reset Tool will help you reset passwords in QuickBooks Desktop.
Quickbooks Password Reset Tool Download
You can easily download this tool from Intuit’s official website. After downloading this tool, follow the following steps that we describe below to use the Quickbooks password reset tool.
Automated Password Reset Tool for QuickBooks Desktop
Automated Password Reset Tool for QuickBooks Desktop is used to reset QuickBooks Admin Password. This is helpful in case you have lost the password or forgotten it. Here is the list of information that you required for resetting the password.
- 15 digit License number
- Contact Name (full name)
- Phone number
- Email address (same authorized contact)
IMPORTANT: Your license number, e-mail address, telephone number, and postcode will be validated against your company Registration record in our database. If any of the parameters do not match the information we have on file for your company when you registered your product, then the request will fail.
How to use the Automated Password Reset Tool
- Firstly, you select the tool based on the QuickBooks version you are using.
- US version of QuickBooks Desktop.
- UK version of QuickBooks Desktop.
- The Canadian version of QuickBooks Desktop.
It is used to reset the QuickBooks Admin Password that is lost or forgotten. So you can reset and change the old password to a new one with the help of the Automated Password Reset Tool.
Reset QuickBooks Desktop Password for Window users
Step 1: Decide the type of password you need to reset.
Time to need reset Admin password:
- You just need to mention a password while sign in. You don’t have to enter a user name.
- Then enter the admin user name you created after signup.
As you need to reset your password and you are not an admin. So, you can contact your admin regarding password reset. They following the steps accordingly to reset the password.
Step 2: Track steps for your password type.
Now, as you know what type of password you need to change, according to that follow the steps given below:
Reset Password for Admin
You know your admin password and just want to change it, then simply change your password in the Reset a user password section below.
And if you forget your admin password and want to recover it, then you have to answer some simple queries for security purposes.
Reset password for QuickBooks 2020:
1. Click on I forgot my password on the Company Login window.
2. Then pick your email from the drop-down list, and click on Next. You will get tokens through email to reset the password.
Note: If you are not able to see your email address, then click on Don’t see your email in the list above? Option and follow the instructions provided on the screen.
3. Enter the provided OTP.
For QuickBooks 2019 and earlier versions:
1. Go to the login window in open QuickBooks Desktop and click on I forgot my password link.
2. Mention all the information in the form:
- Require the license number of your QuickBooks Desktop version. If you don’t know your license number press F2 from the login window to get your license number.
- Generally, you used the name, email address, phone number, and ZIP code while purchasing the product
3. Then click OK. if all the mention information is correct, you will receive a code that you have to mention in the QuickBooks at your registered emailed id, which will be your primary email listed in CAMPS.
4. After that QuickBooks will lead you to how to create a new admin password.
If the Password Reset is not Working
1. If the password reset is not working then check all the information very carefully. Also, check the conformation and types of information matched with CAMPS.
2. Still, you are facing the If you got an error or still need help resetting your password, try the Automated Password Reset tool.
Use the Automated Password Reset tool
Here we will learn how to reset your QuickBooks Admin password using the Automated Password Reset Tool to help you obtain your company file.
Are you facing difficulty while resetting your QuickBooks Admin password? Not to worry. The automated password reset tool helps you to reset your QuickBooks password.
- First, Download the Automated password tool for QuickBooks Desktop. You can use this tool to reset the QuickBooks Admin password in any version of QuickBooks for Windows.
- Find the product version and release numbers after that choose the product from the list and learn how to check the version and release information and follow some instructions.
- QuickBooks Statement Writer: In QuickBooks, choose Reports and QuickBooks Statement Writer.
- After the program opens, choose Help, Then select About QuickBooks Statement Writers. Version information found in the About Window.
- Merchant services: QuickBooks used the Merchant Services so there is no version or release.
- Point Of Sale: Choose Help → Product Information. There is a Version or Release Information.
- QuickBooks Basic Or Enhanced Payroll: Select Employees → Payroll Centers.
- Click Payroll Tab
- QuickBooks For Mac: Select Help → Product Information.
- QuickBooks Desktop: Press F2 to open the Product Information Window.
IMPORTANT: You must have .Net Framework 4.5 installed to run the Password Reset Tool.
⇒ STEP 2: Select the QuickBooks desktop version you last update to open your Quickbooks company file.
- From the QuickBooks version, select your version of QuickBooks Desktop.
- Fill in the QuickBooks license number and business info used when registering QuickBooks, then click Submit.
- After that accept the license agreement and click the Download button.
- On the next screen, click the Download Now link.
Important: Make sure if it asks you to Run or Save and save it to your Desktop.
- Enter the token number you received via email in the Token Number field.
- Then select your QuickBooks version in the QuickBooks Products drop-down menu.
- Click Browse for Company File and select the company file that you want to reset the password.
NOTE: If you are resetting the password for an Accountant’s Copy working file such as.QBA. After that you will need to type *.* in the file name box and press Enter. This will permit you to see and choose.QBA files.
- Enter your new password in the New Password and Confirm Password fields.
- Then click Reset Password.
Reset a User Password
- First, sign up as an Admin user.
- Click on Company, choose Set Up Users and Passwords option. And click on the Setup users option.
- If you mentioned, and then enter the Admin password again.
- Then a user list will appear and choose the user who wants to change the password. And click on Edit User.
- After that enter a new password.
- Click on the Next option and finish the task.
Note: If you are using QuickBooks Time, and want to reset the password in the QuickBooks Time using this tool. Then you cant do this. You need to do it manually.
Reset Password for QuickBooks Mac Desktop
Follow the given below steps if you are a Mac user:
Reset Password for Admin User
If you are an admin and want to reset the password you need your QuickBooks license number to change or reset the password. You also required an email address, phone number, ZIP code, and name which you mentioned at product purchased and product registered time. You will get all this information on the CAMPS website.
- Choose to Forget password at QuickBooks login screen.
- And fill out all the mandatory information on the form, click on the OK option.
- You’ll get an email in which you will receive a code or OTP. Mention that code and proceed for further steps.
- QuickBooks will guide you on how to create a new admin password.
Reset Non-Admin Password
Only the company file admin can reset the password of the non-admin user.
- First Sign in as admin into the company file.
- Choose Users and Passwords from the Company menu.
- And pick the user you want to change the password, then select the Edit option.
- Click on the Lock icon, then insert the new password.
- Choose the Save option.
I hope this article will helpful to you. If you are looking for further QuickBooks support or talk with a Proadvisor, feel free to call our helpline +1-844-405-0904.