Quicken 2020 is the latest upgrade in the market which provides some additional features which never be heard and seen in any accounting software. This is the reason why the business class moves towards Upgrade To A Newer Version Of Quicken 2020. In this article, we have provided a complete procedure with steps to switch to a newer version. Go through the complete article to get the solution related to upgrading to a newer version. For more details contact us toll-free: +1-844-405-0904
Upgrade To A Newer Version Of Quicken
The major market domain of this accounting software is in North America, but most of the software is sold especially in the United States and Canadian markets. In the Singapore Quicken 50-50 joint venture with Asia One to provide e-Finance services for personal and small to medium business users.
The difference in Upgrade and Update
First, you’ve to know the difference between Upgrade and update if you’re an existing user of Quicken.
Update:- When you go for update software, It improved the functionality, consistency of the software and makes it reliable for the user by removing the bug or by fixing the bug. In software update, the version is only changed by the latest one you don’t need to replace your software. It just simply download the update and install it into your PC’s mobile apps etc and software updates are always free of cost.
Upgrade:- When you talk about the software upgrades, It means a new version of the software is launched in the market, and If you want to purchase if you have to pay for that. It simply likes if you’re using the Quicken 2019 Deluxe version and you purchased the Quicken 2020 Deluxe that means you’re upgraded to Quicken 2020. In the upgrading process, you’re replacing the current software with the new one.
Step for updating Quicken for Windows
When you go to update your Quicken software for Windows, you’ve to download the updates from the server and install it on your PC.
Check software updates:
When you using the software to download your bank transactions it will automatically check either you working on the latest update software on not. If you’re not, then it immediately notifies you to update your software on the latest version of your current software. By following the below method you can check the latest version of the software.
Click on the Help > About Quicken.
To update Quicken
- Go to Help > Check for Updates. ( If Check for Updates option aren’t available on your screen, then go for the update via One Step Update instructions below).
- If it shows Update is available, immediately a message is shown on your screen to install the newer version of your current software.
- Click Yes to install the update
Update your Software via One Step Update
If the normal way of update the software doesn’t show the updates. You may go for the One Step Update option by follows the below steps :
- Select Tools > One Step Update.
- Click Update Now.
- If an update is available, Quicken popup a message and show a link, about the updates and also show a button on the right side of the flash message to download the update.
Do I have to uninstall my old version first?
If you’re installing the new version of Quicken you don’t need to worry or distress yourself about do you’ve to uninstall the previous version? When you start installing the new version or going for upgrading your Quicken software. It will automatically uninstall the previous version of your software before installing the newer version of your Quicken Software.
What happens with the old Quicken file after the upgrade?
Once you get to upgrade your latest version of Quicken you don’t have to worry about your old files. All your previous files move over to the new version of your software. Just click on the data files in the new version of Quicken and your data gets started to convert into the new version or you can restore data files by using the backup option.
How to Prepare your file for upgrade
First, create the backup of your file and then prepare your file for the upgrade to a newer version.
Prepare your File
- Remove your data file password:
- Go to File > Set Password
- Select Use this data file without a password.
- Enter your current password.
- Click OK.
- Validate your file in Quicken for Windows.
- Click on File on the menu bar, then Click File Operations > Validate & Repair.
- Put a check next to the Validate file.
- Click OK.
Reason to upgrade on Quicken 2018 for Windows
The following are the new features present in Quicken 2018 that may create a reason to upgrade your Quicken 2017 on Quicken 2018.
- Accessibility of 11,000+ online billers
- Having the option to download bills In PDF format
- Obtain new features without having to upgrade the software
- Having options to direct excel export and expanded customer report layout
- Archive and move investments transaction feature in Deluxe and above Category
- 5Gb backup with security assurance online for your files with Dropbox
- Richer performance analysis
- E-mail rent reminders and receipts
- Custom invoices with your logo, color, and payment links
- Priority access and free Quicken Bill Pay to Quicken support
Hope, after reading this article you can easily upgrade to a newer version of Quicken, if not, or still facing any issue with the same please feel free to contact our ProAdvisor team, dial toll-free Number +1-844-405-0904