Import Credit Card Transactions into QuickBooks Online
- Last Updated on: June 27th, 2019
- Posted by: admin
- Category: QuickBooks Online
QuickBooks online offers a great feature to its users which will help them to save time and efforts. With QuickBooks Online you easily download the business credit card transactions into QB. Once you have downloaded the transactions you can quickly manage the transactions. If you want a fast and easy way to import your credit card transaction into QuickBooks online then this blog is for you.
Tips and Tricks for Importing Credit Card Transaction
Here we are discussing some tips and tricks which can help you importing credit card transaction, you should follow these steps you can easily import your credit card transaction into QuickBooks online
- When you are downloading a file from your credit card company. You will need to add a column for the QuickBooks account number or name and populate this column pre-import. If you have any account numbers just provide the lowest subaccount number in your import file and enable the option for your account numbers at the bottom of the web page. If you are using account names include all accounts and sub-accounts separated by a column in your import file.
- Sometimes there is a “pay” column in a file that is downloaded from the credit card company contains extra info like merchant id. You can modify this column pre-import so it can easily resemble the vendor name.
- You can give the credit card account from the QuickBooks as a default value which shown on the screen when you import credit card transactions into QuickBooks Online. There is no need to add new value to your import file in QuickBooks.
- For Import Credit Card Transactions into QuickBooks Online. QuickBooks has not provided support for any credit card credits on this platform. So, unfortunately, any credits will need to be entered manually for Import Credit Card Transactions into QuickBooks Online.
If you have any problem to locate your bank account with the QB Online or you want to download 90 days of credit card transactions then you can import your credit card transaction in Excel Format called CSV and QBO file. Call our QuickBooks Online customer service team to import your credit card transaction into Quickbooks online and get any time help and support via remote access. Dial 1-855-441-4417 to connect with them.
Importance of Connecting your Credit Card Account to QuickBooks
Advantages of Importing your credit card transaction into QuickBooks online
⇨ We can save lots of time when we download our transactions in QuickBooks.
⇨ It categorized your transaction and add them to your QuickBooks, so The QuickBooks can start the work for you which you want from the QuickBooks.
⇨ In some time the user doesn’t have any business bank account and using a personal bank account then we are giving a chance to getting a separate bank account for your business if you want to connect with QuickBooks. It is very useful for the user to do your activities separately from your personal account.
Steps of automatically import your credit card transaction into QuickBooks online
If you want to Import Credit Card Transactions into QuickBooks Online or connect your credit card account to QuickBooks then you have your online banking user id and password to login to your account.
Step 1: Choose Your Banking Center
From the home page or select your transaction under bank account and then banking from the left side menu bar.
- Firstly you type your bank /credit card name in the search box.
- Select your bank or credit card companies from the list which shown you below the search box.
If you cannot see your credit card company or you want to download 90 days of credit card transaction then you want to need to download Credit Card Transaction using CSV format.
Step 2. Login your business and credit card account.
Enter your user ID and password. After entering your Id and password it takes some time to access your account and is also depend on your internet speed and the number of accounts that you have. It takes a few minutes to connect to your bank to QuickBooks.
Step 3. Choose your credit card account
- You will see all the accounts you have at this bank. Place the check mark for each account you would like to connect to QuickBooks.
- Enter your bank account name there is no edits are required in the field.
- Choose your QuickBooks account where you link your bank account. If you have no setup in the QuickBooks Than select add account from the drop-down.
When you Entering Transactions
- Category Type:-On the Bank and credit cards page, click on the category column to sort the transaction.
- Detail Type:-The main work of this field is to automatically populate with Credit Card based on the criteria made in the Account Type field.
- Name:-This field shows your account name in QuickBooks.
- Description:-Describe your credit card name and the last 4 digits of your account number.
- If you fill all the fields then click on save and close button.
Step 4. Select the right date range
Most of the transactions are download in 90 days. if you want more than 90 days transaction than you want to download the uploading transaction using CSV format of this course.
If you want a shorter date range than just click on the link “need a shorter date range”.
The date you start using in QuickBooks is less than 90 days, then you need to use a shorter date range.
Step 5. Click on Connect
If you click on the connect button all the transactions will be downloaded into the QuickBooks and there is no undo button for go back. Later you find that the account you transfer is not that account which you want to connect to QuickBooks then you will need to delete all of that transaction.
It takes a few minutes for the transaction because it depends on the number of accounts you have selected and the date range.
Step 6. Transactions have been downloaded
When the transaction is completed into QuickBooks “We successfully downloaded your transactions. Hooray!” message is displayed on the screen.
Step 7. Review Your Downloaded transactions
- You should see the credit card account and balance in the banking center.
- If you want to track your other credit card account in QuickBooks then you can click on the add account button and go back to Step 1.
- If you have faced any problem to connect your Credit card account to QuickBooks or You want to download more than 90 days credit card transactions than you know how to download your credit card transaction using an Excel.CSV and QBO file.
How to Import Credit Card Transactions Into QuickBooks Online with CSV file
Step 1. Choose Your Banking Center
- Select your Transaction and Banking.
Step 2. Select your Upload File
- Click on Upload a file option to upload your transaction or file.
Step 3. Select your File to upload
- Click on Browse to locate the file that you want to upload.
Step 4. Select your QuickBooks Account
- Select the QuickBooks account which you want to link to the credit card account.
- If you have no account in QuickBooks then you can be clicking the drop-down menu and select Add account.
Step 5. Setup your QuickBooks Account
The screen should display some fields to set up your account. You should complete these fields for further activity.
Select the type of account which you want to download your transaction. it would be either a bank or credit card account.
This field can automatically pick up your credit card details on the selection, based on account type field.
This field shows your account name in QuickBooks.
Describe your credit card name and the last 4 digits of your account number.
- If you fill all the fields then click on save and close button.
- Once you have to get both QuickBooks and bank File then you proceed to the next screen.
Step 6. Map the QuickBooks Online Fields to your Bank Accounts Fields
Map your fields in QuickBooks Online.
- If the CSV file in a header row, then please check the box at the top left of the screen.
- Select the column where the date has a show.
- After that select the format of the date.
- Go to the description.
- Click on the file for both positive and negative numbers in one column.
- After that column where the positive numbers show.
- Select that column where the negative numbers show.
Step 7. Select Credit Card Transactions to Import
- Select your transaction to import into QuickBooks with a check mark in the first column and select Next.
Step 8. Confirm your transaction to import
- Click on next. QuickBooks will confirm your number of the transaction which is selected to download by you
- If you satisfied with your transaction then click on Yes otherwise click on No to go back to make any necessary changes you want.
Step 9.Transaction has been downloaded
- When the transaction is completed into QuickBooks “We successfully downloaded your transactions. Hooray!” message is displayed on the screen.
Step 10. Review Your Downloaded transactions
You should see the credit card account and balance in the banking center.
Although, this article will help you import credit card transactions easily if you still need any technical help then call us on QuickBooks Support at Wizxpert. Talk our QuickBooks ProAdvisor and get the best solutions to all QuickBooks related issues. I hope you find this article useful. If you have any query related to this or any other topic, you can call QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1-855-441-4417.
Watch this video to learn more about How To Import Credit Card Transactions In QuickBooks Online