Are you Looking for how to install updates for intuit data Protect to backup QuickBooks files? Here we are with an article to let you understand the installation process of Intuit Data Protect and deliver your all related information. In this article, you will learn to set up Intuit data Protect, backup your data files, and steps to install the updates. Go through the full article and learn the methods, steps and make it done, if you need any help or suggestion contact us toll-free; +1-888-202-8743
Your clients depend on you for their financial data safety. They put their important data in your hand and in the cloud accounting software of your choice. So, data should be protected. Sometimes data is lost or corrupted. For making data protection you need to install Intuit Data Protect.
Intuit Data Protect provides you with the service to secure your data files from issues like; company files corrupted, virus or malware infection. This tool provides you with a regular backup of your data automatically, you just need to set time for one time.
Conditions for Financial data loss:
Human Error: There may be a new transaction that is not working according to the plan or transaction may fail, unconditionally data may be deleted, or wrong accounting or general entry, sometimes your client tries to do some changes without discussing with you.
Malicious Attacks: Data may be hacked by a hacker. Because sometimes we click on spam or malicious emails, which damaged the data. Malicious attacks are like disgruntled employees or contractors.
Software Glitches: Third-party apps are a major issue in QuickBooks data protection. Most of the offenders are integrated with third-party apps, for example, a document management app and CSV imports. These types of issues make big and unwanted changes in your QuickBooks accounting data.
Here we will learn how to install updates for Intuit Data Protect. You can turn on the automatic update option. As to make your data more secure. QuickBooks Desktop automatically make new updates for you. You can also do manual updates.
This article is for Intuit Data Protect users. You should need to do sign up first. For that:
- Sign up for Intuit Data Protect to access it.
- Set up Intuit Data Protect in your system to back up files.
Setting up Intuit Data Protect in your system to back up files
Here are the simple steps to setting up Intuit Data Protect in your system to back up files. Backup your data and get help to secure your files and folders. Your data and files backed up on an everyday basis. Follow the steps to set up and schedule your backups.
Set up Intuit Data Protect
After signing up, setting up Intuit Data Protect on the system where you save your files.
- Open the QuickBooks on the system in which you store your company file. If you are not getting that then, press F2 in QuickBooks.
- Click on the file menu, choose Back up company, and the Set-Up/Activate Online Backup.
- Remember sign in with the email id which you used at sign-up time. It is not the same as your QuickBooks login.
- After completing set up, choose the Continue option.
- Then select your QuickBooks file and continue. But if you have an entire PC plan, choose the folder for backup. Choose Continue.
- Make a schedule of your regular backup, select Continue.
- Setting up notifications settings, and go to Continue.
It is your first back up so it may take several hours. It all depends on the number of files and their sizes. Don’t worry after completing the backup process, it will take a few minutes.
Manage your backups with Intuit Data Protect
If you choose an automatic backup schedule with Intuit Data Protect then your data will save once a day on a daily basis. You can also choose the manual option to backup your data.
Backup your files and folders manually
- Choose Open Intuit Data Protect by right-clicking the Intuit Data Protect. You will the icon like a green padlock on the window toolbar.
- Click on the Backup now option.
- Then choose the file and folder you want to backup and select Continue.
- While selecting Back up now. You will receive a message with backup is successful.
- And select OK.
Open Intuit Data Protect to check Backup Status, view Backup History, or change Backup Settings
Steps to open Intuit Data Protect to see the backup status, to view backup history, and how to change the backup settings.
Open Intuit Data Protect
- Find the Intuit Data Protect (IDP) icon (green padlock) in the Window System Tray (typically located at the bottom right of the screen).
- Choose Open Intuit Data Protect by right-clicking on the IDP icon.
View Backup History
In History Backup the data list is in the chronological from oldest to newest. You need to scroll in the history according to date and timestamp in the backup history you are looking for.
- First, open Intuit Data Protect.
- Choose View Backup History in the main Intuit Data Protect window.
Change Backup Settings
While choosing Change Backup Settings you have the access to add or remove from the backup set and change your email notification preferences.
- Go to Intuit Data Protect.
- Choose Change backup settings.
- On the selected QuickBooks Data Window, select the file or folder for backup, click Continue. For Entire PC Users, choose the additional folder you want to backup if there are other folders to backup. Then Continue.
- In the notification email settings, select the option you notified or not. And choose Continue.
- Need to choose Continue again, then select backup timing.
- After doing Continue to save all the changes, then Exit from the settings window.
Step: 1 Download the latest update for Intuit Data Protect
- In the Help menu, click on the Update QuickBooks.
- Then select Update Now tab
- Don’t forget to select Data Protect from the list, and click Get updates option.
Step: 2 Install the update
- Click on the up ^arrow in the desktop toolbar. Usually, you see this arrow lower-right corner nearby clock in the system.
- After that right-click on Intuit Data Protect tab and click About Inuit Data Protect. You will see the icon like a green padlock.
- Then select Update.
- When the updation is finished, click OK.
If Intuit Data Protect: Schedule backup does not work
There are steps if Intuit Data Protector scheduled backup does not work:
If you access QuickBooks Desktop and Intuit Data Protect locally
First, we need to verify the windows user profile logged in has administrator-level access. For first time access setting up IDP. Access as a window administrator or you have all the privileges to access the IDP and QuickBooks.
Follow the steps for verification:
- Press Ctrl+R in the keyboard to open Run command.
- Search for Control panel and then ok.
- After opening the Control panel go to the User Accounts.
- You will see the Administrator in the User Account. It means users have all the access right to IDP and have permission to make necessary changes to create a backup to run smoothly.
But if you want to create a new Admin account or want to give rights to another user. Then you need to do some changes and create Windows users with Admin rights to allow configuration.
|Admin-level privileges: Remember that Windows account with admin-level privileges must remain logged in during the scheduled backup. If you logged off or leave the system, IDP will not have the Admin level privileges. It must need your login for the scheduled backup to run.|
Create Windows users and give them administrator rights
Follow these steps to create a new Windows admin account and provide them with all the access to perform changes in the QuickBooks.
If you are working in a multi-user QuickBooks Desktop mode, so you need to sign up as an admin user in QuickBooks. Here is the need to make some changes like in your firewall settings and folder permissions. Also, we need to give program rights like database manager admin rights.
Hre you can learn how to create a Windows user account with the admin rights:
Step 1: Add a Window user with admin rights
Follow the steps from Microsoft to create Windows users and give them admin rights:
For Window 10
Create a local user account
- Select the Start button in windows, then go to the Accounts in the Settings and then Family & other users. (Note: In some version of the Windows you will see other users).
- Choose to Add someone else to this PC.
- Select I don’t have this person’s sign-information option, and on the next page, select Add a user without a Microsoft account.
- Insert a user name, password, hint password or choose security questions, and then select Next.
Change a local user account to an admin account
- Go to the account option in Settings, select Family & other users, choose the account owner’s name and change account type.
- Select Administrator under Account type and then OK.
- Now, sign in with the new administrator account.
For Window 7
My system is on a domain
- Open Microsoft Management Console, after opening it. Then it will ask for admin password and confirmation, insert the password you provided and confirmation.
- Select Local users and groups in the left panel of the Microsoft Management Console.
If you are not able to get Local Users and Groups, it may because of the snap-in not added to Microsoft Management Console. Follow the steps for the installation:
- Click the File menu, in the Microsoft Management Console, and click on Add/Remove Snap-in.
- Choose Local Users and Groups, then select the Add option.
- Select Local computer, then click Finish after having done click OK.
- Choose the User folder.
- Select Action, and then New User.
- And mention the info in the dialog box, and select Create.
- After creating an account, choose Close.
If the system is in a workgroup
- Click User Accounts and Family Safety in the Control Panel. Then select User Accounts.
- If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation then click Manage another account. Mention the provided password and confirmation.
- Then create a new account.
- Mention the details and click on Create Account.
Windows Small Business Server 2011 and 2008 R2
- Go to the Start menu in Windows.
- Choose All Programs. After opening Window, Small Business Server chooses Windows SBS Console.
- Choose Users and Groups. And click on the Add a new user account tab.
- Insert all the user info, and follow Add a New User Account wizard.
- Provide new admin access rights.
- After finishing, click the Finish option.
Step 2: Give administrator access to the QuickBooks Program
Some QuickBooks programs need admin rights to access. When you install QuickBooks Database Server Manager, automatically QuickBooks create new windows users. So, you need to give admin rights to run on your network.
Given below are the steps to give Windows users and programs admin rights:
Note: If the system is set up as a domain controller, don’t follow these steps. Contact an IT professional who has the knowledge of how to add the Database Server Manager user as a Domain Administrator.
- First, closed the open QuickBooks Desktop.
- Open Control panel in the Window start menu.
- Then select a User Account.
- Search for QBDataServiceUserXX in your QuickBooks Desktop version. For example, for QuickBooks Desktop 2021 search for QBDataServiceUser30. For the 2019 version of QuickBooks Desktop look for QBDataServiceUser29. The last provided numbers go down for each version.
- Choose to Change the account type and go to the Administrator. Then click Change Account Type.
- Click on the Apply option to save all changes.
- These steps are the same for each version of the QuickBooks Desktop Server Manager.
QuickBooks Database Server Manager has permission now to work on your network.
If you access QuickBooks Desktop and IDP remotely
Checkout for your server settings and verify your remote session is running properly.
- Click on the Control Panel, and click on System and Security.
- Choose Power Option in System and Security. You can system settings, these settings ensure that your system running smoothly at remote without any error to keep running before and during the schedule back up time.
Note: When the backup is scheduled to run while your system is in a power-saving mode. IDP boost up your system if it is in sleep mode. If IDP is installed in your laptop that hibernates after the closing of the lid, if your laptop is running in the low battery, the scheduled backup will not run definitely. We just need to adjust the power settings accordingly.
Suggested Read: QuickBooks Schedule Backup not Working
The above-given steps will allow you to update the Intuit Data Protect will be helpful in securing your data. Yet, sometimes there can be some circumstances when you need to update Intuit Data Protect or the QuickBooks software. But these situations may be worse because it damages the entire database which may not be recoverable.
If you need any further QuickBooks technical support, you can reach our customer service team by dialing our toll-free number +1-888-202-8743. thanks for visiting.