Have trouble using QuickBooks for Mac, wanna learn troubleshooting basics with QuickBooks Mac? Then nothing to worry about, here we are with an article to cater to you with the best solution to fix it. Read the complete and follow the steps mentioned in the article to resolve this issue. Go through the article and learn how QuickBooks works for Mac, and learn to back up company files in QuickBooks Mac. Still, having an issue contact our experts on +1-844-405-0904 for QuickBooks Mac support.
QuickBooks Mac: It is a financial accounting solution from Intuit for small businesses and accounting professionals. The solution allows users to create professional invoices, track sales, and expenses, and manages accounts payable.
QuickBooks provides Mac-specific features. For example, users can embed a notification bar in their Mac’s menu bar and a reminder to calendar and sync contacts with their Mac OS address books. This blog will cover troubleshooting basics with QuickBooks for Mac.
Table of Contents
Steps To Troubleshooting Basic with QuickBooks for Mac
We discussed some of the troubleshooting steps for basic with QuickBooks for Mac.
STEP 1: Check your version of QuickBooks Mac and your Mac operating system.
If you have to upgrade your Mac OS those changes alone can cause an older version of QB to behave differently. So try opening the sample company files that QuickBooks installed.
Then update the QuickBooks. Repeat the activities that have been causing trouble in your company file. If the problem does not occur in the sample, then your company file may have data damage.
STEP 2: Checking your disk permission
If you still see the problem in the sample company file, check your disk permission.
You can simply repair the disk permission
- Open disk utility
- Application–> Utilities –> Disk Utility.
- Select your Mac hard drive and click the repair disk permission button.
STEP 3: Delete the QuickBooks user-level preference file.
- Firstly, Go to your account on the Mac, and open the preference folder.
- Locate the QuickBooks for Mac list file.
- Then trash it.
Related article: How to Export from QuickBooks Online to QuickBooks for Mac
NOTE:- You may need to reset some preferences the next time you launch QuickBooks.
- If repairing permission and deleting the plist file does not help, a corrupted user account on your Mac could be the culprit.
- Then you can create a new user account, and then open QuickBooks while still logged into that new account. Open your company file and use it.
- The QuickBooks Mac behavior does not match this behavior, this might indicate that your regular Mac user account is corrupted.
- If the sample company file still misbehaves such as lists and reports are still missing names or accounts.
For example:- Then it might have list damage. See the article List damage in QuickBooks for Mac: Symptoms and Cures for steps to fix that problem. If, in spite of all your efforts your file crashes, report errors, or displays wrong information, it may have data damage.
Step 4: Download and install the latest updates
Your QuickBooks Desktop may not compatible if you are using Mac 2020 or upper versions then you’ll face crash problems and it will prevent you from loading the QuickBooks. In this situation, you have to download and install the latest QuickBooks updates for the updated macOS. Here you will get to know how to install the latest updates.
- Firstly you have to open the QuickBooks and then click on the drop-down menu.
- Now the next step is to choose the Check for QuickBooks Updates.
- After getting the QuickBooks updates you have to click on install update for your QuickBooks versions.
- After doing all the steps, you have to click on Install and Relaunch.
- Now after the completion of the updates, your QuickBooks Mac is open automatically.
How QuickBooks Works For Mac
It is very similar to the QuickBooks PC in terms of how it works. After you buy the software, it’s installed on your computer before you can use it. once you installed it on your computer, you will need to provide some details about your business and have a few documents handy to get your business set up properly.
Once you completed the setup process, you are ready to track all your business finances in Quickbooks for Mac.
Follow the day-to-day task in QuickBooks for Mac.
- Track Income & Sales. Record a sale from service or products in QuickBooks for Mac by creating a sales receipt or an invoice if your customer wants to pay you at the time that you provide the goods or services, a sales receipt. when your customer prefers to be billed, you will create an invoice instead. The two deal structures can be emailed to your client directly from QuickBooks so you don’t need to print and mail them.
- Track Bills & Expenses. it is similar to QuickBooks online. QuickBooks for Mac has several ways to track your bills and expenses. You can download your transactions, enter bills manually, or import expenses from a spreadsheet three top of the expenses.
- First, you must connect your bank and credit card account so that transactions automatically download into QuickBooks for Mac.
- Manually enter all the Customers’ bills and print checks directly from QuickBooks for Mac.
- Import all the billing details from Excel spreadsheets into QuickBooks for Mac.
- Track Inventory. QuickBooks for Mac will monitor all item buys and sales. This implies you can make a buy request and send it to your provider. At the point when the products arrive, you can check them as got against the first by request.
- Run Payroll. If you have a good representative, you can turn on the Intuit payroll services from Within QuickBooks For Mac. Payroll Processing in QuickBooks for Mac.
- Payroll check calculations
- Pay via check or direct deposit
- W-2s for employees
- Payroll tax forms and filing
- Accept Online Payments. It’s similar to QuickBooks online, it also takes online payment from your customers with QuickBooks for Mac. When you enable the Intuit Payments feature, it will put a “Pay Now” catch on all invoices that you email to clients. They can pay the receipt immediately utilizing a check card or Visa or enter their financial balance data. Turning this component expects you to click a catch or two. There are two intends to look over when you agree to accept Intuit Payments.
- Run key reports to gain insight into your business. It’s similar to QuickBooks Online, QuickBooks for Mac has several detailed reports that you can run to gain key insights into how your business is doing. The reports accessible incorporate however are not constrained to benefit and misfortune, accounting reports,s and explanation of cash flows.
How to back up your company file in Quickbooks for Mac 2015
Firstly set up your backup preferences
- Launch QuickBooks for Mac
- Go to QuickBooks → Preferences
- Choose backup
Again some options for backup you see
- Set QB to automatically back up the company files every few hours or once a day.
- Set QuickBooks to automatically every time you close your company file.
- For more information:-QuickBooks unable to the backup company file
How to open your QuickBooks for Windows file on Mac
NOTE:- Be sure that you are familiar with what data is converted from QuickBooks for Windows to QuickBooks for Mac.
On your Windows computer:-
- In QuickBooks for Windows, open the company file you want to convert.
- Choose file → Utilities → Copy company file for QuickBooks Mac. Follow the on-screen instructions. QB creates a Mac .qbb file.
- Copy the .qbb file for a CD or USB drive or some other media.
- You can also use a network file-sharing service like Dropbox to transfer a file.
On your Mac:
- Copy the .qbb file to your document folder.
- Choose file → open company → select the .qbb file and then click open.
- C lick ok when asked if you want a restore a QuickBooks for window file.
- Enter a name for a restored file.
- Then click ok.
How to convert a QuickBooks file from Windows to Mac
1: Open the data file in QuickBooks 2012 for Windows and choose file –> Utilities –> Copy company to file for QuickBooks Mac to save the file as a .qbb backup file.
2: Send the .qbb file to the Mac user by a CD, USB drive, or iDisk.
3: Choose file –> Open company –> Select the .qbb file and click open.
Features of QuickBooks for Mac 2016 R20
There are many features of QuickBooks for Mac R20
- Tabled window support
- Scheduled reports
- Sendmail functionality
Improvement from 2016 R6:
- Use a horizontal toolbar
- Adjust the display font size
- Set page breaks on the report
- Print signature on checks
- Share attachment
- Bill vendor time.
Improvement from 2016 R1:
- Resize column on forms
- Print directly on envelopes
- Fill in and edit timesheets easily.
- Print timesheet
- View long invoice descriptions.
The Bottom Line
Here, we have mentioned some basic troubleshooting steps of QuickBooks for Mac. Also, we have performed some tutorials on the QuickBooks Mac that can be proven very useful for beginners.
To know more about QuickBooks Desktop Mac or to have answers to your QuickBooks-related queries instantly, Get in touch with QuickBooks ProAdvisor via the 24/7 toll-free QuickBooks support number +1-844-405-0904.