For your Data damage issue in QuickBooks Mac, you can follow steps given below to resolve this Data damage problem. If you are using a window system then follow this Resolve data damage on your company file. Here in this blog, we will discuss what are the possible reasons behind Data Damage in QuickBooks Mac Desktop company file.
You can also call our toll-free QuickBooks support number +1-855-441-4417 to save your time and effort. Our intuit certified ProAdvisors will solve all your related problems.
Possible Scenarios for data damage in QuickBooks Mac Desktop company file
- Error message when working in QuickBooks.
- Unable to open the company file.
- QuickBooks Company file is working so much slower.
- Unable to convert the QuickBooks company file.
- Amounts on the Balance Sheet don’t match amounts on the specialty reports.
- QuickBooks Deleted memorized reports still show on the list.
- Unable to edit or save a transaction.
- Names are missing from the lists or unable scroll past a certain point in a list.
Follow the below steps to Resolve Data damage for Mac Company File
Before you begin troubleshooting data damage, you might need to consider other options.
- Restore a recent backup file( If you do this, you must re-enter transactions entered since the backup was made).
- Create a new company file, re-enter your data.
Note: If you want to avoid this issue in the future, it is recommended to create a backup for your company file frequently.
Related article: QuickBooks Cannot Communicate With the company File
Run the Verify and Rebuild Tool for Mac
- Run a Verify to identify potential issues
- First of all, go to the File and then choose Utilities and then Click Verify Data.
- After that, If you receive a prompt stating QuickBooks has detected a problem, then proceed to Next step.
- If you don’t receive a prompt stating no problems have been detected, but still experience the issue, please contact QuickBooks Online Support.
- Run a Rebuild to have QuickBooks attempt to correct the issue.
- First of all, go to the File and then choose Utilities and then Click Rebuild Data.
- After the Rebuild completes, run another Verify as stated on the Previous Step to confirm if problems have been resolved.
- If this didn’t work after doing it at least twice, see re-sort lists in QuickBooks for detailed instructions then try to Verify Data again.
- If re-sorting the list still didn’t work, contacting QuickBooks Support can work for you.
Related article: QuickBooks File Doctor
Do’s and Don’t’s
- Update your recent version of QuickBooks to the latest one.
- Make a backup before begin with any Data Damage troubleshooting.
- Do not run the data utility until restoring your Data Damage.
- Use the knowledge base to fix known issues.
- Work with a local copy of a company file only.
- Do not update previously installed QuickBooks to a newer year of QuickBooks.
I hope you found this article worthy. Talk to our U.S based QuickBooks expert to get advice and consulting. Dial 24/7 toll-free QuickBooks Supoort number +1-855-441-4417.